Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone else BORED with flashpoints?

Ms_Sunlight
10.11.2012 , 07:55 AM | #31
I agree with those who say all FPs should be converted to HMs. There are several excellent, entertaining SM flashpoints that most of us hardly ever see, because we're in the level range for them so briefly. This would be the quickest and easiest way to add more variety at level 50. Personally, I'd absolutely love a HM Cademimu or Mandalorian Raiders.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

Boozek
10.11.2012 , 08:06 AM | #32
re-tuning some of the starter and mid level fp's to level 50 fps would add craploads of content. I barely did any fp's leveling any of my 8 50's. At first it was due to being on a dead server so getting lowbie groups was difficult at best with only 6-10 people on any given planet, byt the time I re-rolled on a larger server basically only did esseles/bt then soloed to 50 with quests and pvp, again no low-midrange fps.

so things like cademimu athiss etc would actually be fun to do over again alos giving you more options with the random group dailies. More 50 content for very little developer resources. They dont have to create anything really new, just tune the mobs to 50 and add gear.

GalacticKegger
10.11.2012 , 08:34 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Boozek View Post
re-tuning some of the starter and mid level fp's to level 50 fps would add craploads of content. I barely did any fp's leveling any of my 8 50's. At first it was due to being on a dead server so getting lowbie groups was difficult at best with only 6-10 people on any given planet, byt the time I re-rolled on a larger server basically only did esseles/bt then soloed to 50 with quests and pvp, again no low-midrange fps.

so things like cademimu athiss etc would actually be fun to do over again alos giving you more options with the random group dailies. More 50 content for very little developer resources. They dont have to create anything really new, just tune the mobs to 50 and add gear.
Don't HM's do that?
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

errant_knight
10.11.2012 , 10:12 AM | #34
I still haven't done all the flashpoints, or even close, so I'm not bored of them. Have a couple ideas, though.

I'd like to see some cross-faction possible flashpoints so we could have something to do with friends on the other side. It would also be great for rp for those who rp. I'd also like to see a few 2+ flashpoints that would be possible to run when a full group wasn't around. The problem with that would be that the whole point of flashpoints is interaction with actual people and those could be done with companions--not what they want. Maybe there's some way to ensure that they're done with another player, or give you some kind of bonus if you do.

I'd also like to see more complex flashpoints from a story point of view, ones that resembled a quest series in the main game. And while the story in fps is what makes it possible for me to stay engaged with them, I know that there are others who who skip story after the first time and flail if others don't, so perhaps there could be a fp where it was part of the plot to do them quickly, without convo except at the beginning and end. That wouldn't be for me, but some people would probably like it.

Sithcreep
10.11.2012 , 10:30 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorz View Post
Something new and less the same old. I only do flashpoints once and after that I don't bother doing it again since I have already seen it. Maybe content you can do in the world.. and I am not talking about dailies here.

Oh and dynamic flashpoints? Yeah I'd like that.
Yes more dynamic stuff would be cool. My suggestion: dynamic open world fps that require you to achieve objectives all over the planet, something like the BH area daily, only much much more challenging and including real bosses. How cool would it be if you do an fp and one time you face this boss and another time someone else. Also dynamic environments would help to add that dynamic real life feeling. Experience the same fp at night, day, sunset, rain, snow and thunderstorm, each condition adding entirely different mechanics to the fights. Imagine for instance some op mob/boss that only spawns at night. Would be really interesting.

Thats why I do a lot of open world pvp, its still the most diversified thing to do. Never gets boring!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
I agree with those who say all FPs should be converted to HMs. There are several excellent, entertaining SM flashpoints that most of us hardly ever see, because we're in the level range for them so briefly. This would be the quickest and easiest way to add more variety at level 50. Personally, I'd absolutely love a HM Cademimu or Mandalorian Raiders.
Also I would love to see some new Foundry hm. Come on BW, Revan is like THE superstar of the entire SW galaxy, you cant waste him on some faceroll fp.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

GalaxyStrong
10.11.2012 , 11:35 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I'd be happy if they just mad HM version of all the available FP's.
This^^^

Also, I want a lot more Operation's available in Groupfinder.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Petnil
10.11.2012 , 12:33 PM | #37
make tier2 hardmode FP of the lowlv FP that dont have a hard mode. Next step could be nightmare mode for FPs
Me, i prefer the flashpoints over the operations.

AlixMV
10.11.2012 , 12:47 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
[URL="http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531772"]I think one thing that might help is an LFG tag we could wear over our head.
I swear there used to be one of those before they introduced the Group Finder. You went into WHO and set it. I haven't played around with it at all since before 1.3, though.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

justgladtobeme
10.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #39
I would personally like to see Nightmare Mode FPs where two things take place:
  • CROWD CONTROL makes a return. This forces groups to socialize to some extent. It also gives room for error, and a need for coordination.
  • "Trash skipping" dies I think trash skipping is absolutely ridiculous, and the reason why groups just BLAZE through FPs, and really trivializing the content.

I absolutely love trash pulls like the first pull in Red Reaper, the 5 droid pull in Athiss, the 4-boss fight in Mandalorian Raiders or HELL... heroic missions! I have often found my group dead or hanging on by a string at all of these - despite group experience. Oh hey look at that... I mentioned all the FPs that aren't HM yet too! So that was a great suggestion as well.

There is more satisfaction and less bore to me when there is social interaction, but more importantly, topped with a REAL level of difficulty.

TL/DR: Trash skipping, lack of crowd control dynamics, and no incentive to communicate leaves for a shallow experience.

Heimskringla
10.12.2012 , 10:22 PM | #40
Bioware, unfortunately, chose to make skipping trash a viable option in TOR. I was way over level on my main character, so I never did many runs of Athiss or Mandalorian Raiders. I got tired of looking at EKG strips earlier this morning, so I decided to pop on and give group finder a whirl with a low-level alt.

The group (without mentioning that they were going to do this) skipped most of the shyracks and several of the Temple Guardians in Athiss. It took more time to avoid the trash than it did to kill it.

I don't know why Bioware chose to do this, but I do find myself very bored with an FP when groups decide to skip most of the fighting.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.