Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

patcher service temporarily unavailable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
patcher service temporarily unavailable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lerm
01.05.2013 , 07:43 PM | #11
I've tried both of the above things...and it's sent me to my security question, claiming that I haven't logged onto the game via my laptop, (which I have), and when I type in the answer for my security question, it again says that the patcher service is unavailable, and it's been like this for the last four days now.

OwenBrooks
01.05.2013 , 07:50 PM | #12
You will need to have a look at your latest launcher log and see if anything in that gives an indication what is occuring, it could be saying in there that the security key is incorrect as an example as this will exhibit what you are saying is occuring, if you can't see anything super obvious post it up here and maybe someone else may see something. it could be a firewall or another program interferring.

boot up in safe mode with networking as well and see if it get you to the point where you can click launch game as it will try to patch in safe mode after entering your login details

OwenBrooks
01.05.2013 , 07:52 PM | #13
another common one is incorrect time zone and time between your computer and what you specified your region is in your account on the swtor website

dracogodofwar
01.22.2013 , 12:11 AM | #14
i still cant log in it still says patcher service temporarily unavailable

Mundako
01.22.2013 , 12:29 AM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi dracogodofwar,

Could you please reset your password at this page and then try logging in again : https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

Please let us know if it helps. Thanks.
Mundako | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Jayshames
01.22.2013 , 05:27 AM | #16
Have you got security questions on your account that you guessed wrong? (or atleast told you they were wrong)

Yesterday morning I tried to get on and apparently my security question was wrong (100% sure It was right), I kept trying and it eventually locked my account, giving the patcher service is temporarily unavailable message. I phoned up to get it fixed, only for it to not accept my security answer again and thus lock my account yet again. I phoned up again, waited on the line for 30 minutes and got no response so I gave up. Phoned again this morning, got my email changed, password changed and got my security answer (a letter was changed for some reason, the answer now made no sense so I know I was right) and now everything works fine.

What im trying to say is.. your account may be locked, if this is the case and you know you were right then you best ask for some sort of refund or whatever. I'm paying for 2 subscriptions, I bought cartel coins and then I had to pay for 3 phonecalls to get my account fixed when it wasn't my fault.. :S

dracogodofwar
01.22.2013 , 08:11 AM | #17
i did change my password still did not work i just play game i am no comp wiz

OwenBrooks
01.22.2013 , 08:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dracogodofwar View Post
i did change my password still did not work i just play game i am no comp wiz
Please follow the direction of this link, http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#6

Follow the one for login service is unavailable as it is more likely to fix your issue.

dracogodofwar
01.22.2013 , 09:41 AM | #19
i should not have to try this hard to play a game i paid for so ty any way guys i am going to try one more time if it still does not work you know

dracogodofwar
01.22.2013 , 10:23 AM | #20
i should not have to try this hard to play a game i paid for so ty any way guys i am going to try one more time if it still does not work you know