Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Akaavi Spar...Wow

gumbydpl
10.10.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1
Is it just me or is Akaavi like seriously OP? A high DPS companion that wears Heavy armor? Last night I cleared the first three Heroic 4 missions on Hoth by myself. She "tanks" and I heal her and DPS as well. I didn't expect her to be this good. I planned on using Guss when I got him because he seems awesome, but Akaavi is such a wrecking ball!

FYI I am running a Hybrid Build.

Haggardbr
10.10.2012 , 10:27 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
Is it just me or is Akaavi like seriously OP? A high DPS companion that wears Heavy armor? Last night I cleared the first three Heroic 4 missions on Hoth by myself. She "tanks" and I heal her and DPS as well. I didn't expect her to be this good. I planned on using Guss when I got him because he seems awesome, but Akaavi is such a wrecking ball!

FYI I am running a Hybrid Build.
Yes she is... when well geared she's like a huge brick wall hitting the enemy's face.

Back in my old server i had a 50 gunslinger and i had a relationship with Akaavi.
She was my tank and melee dps while i stayed back shooting.

But even before my 1st aimed shot fires, she had already taken down 2 common enemies and was already running for a third one.

She's one of my favorite companions too with that feeling of independent woman or hers.
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

macumba
10.11.2012 , 08:00 AM | #3
I also thought her voice was sexy, then I googled her actor:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001307/
she is a stunning beauty at her age
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

ThatGnome
10.11.2012 , 08:41 AM | #4
Put her in tanking gear (it helps to have an Armormech alt/friend/guildmate) and she can tank nearly as well as the tank companions. Only lacks a proper taunt. And few Tank companions are that good anyway. Yeah, I use her lots, and win fights with her that I lose with Corso/Bowdaar.

Gassygunslinger
10.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #5
As a Gunslinger, I didn't really get much use out of her. As a DPS build without healing, I needs me a fish-faced con-artist who knows a Hutt who's sellin' cheap.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

MishraArtificer
10.11.2012 , 07:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post
Put her in tanking gear (it helps to have an Armormech alt/friend/guildmate) and she can tank nearly as well as the tank companions. Only lacks a proper taunt. And few Tank companions are that good anyway. Yeah, I use her lots, and win fights with her that I lose with Corso/Bowdaar.
Is she mechanically identical to Torian Cadera and Sergeant Yuun?
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

ThatGnome
10.12.2012 , 04:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Is she mechanically identical to Torian Cadera and Sergeant Yuun?
Not to Yuun, certainly. I think she's more AoE oriented than him, flamethrower and a concussive wave attack. While Yuun isn't entirely single target, that's most of what he does. I'm afraid my BH isn't far enough along to have Torian to compare, but I suspect they're very similar.

warultima
10.12.2012 , 05:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post
Not to Yuun, certainly. I think she's more AoE oriented than him, flamethrower and a concussive wave attack. While Yuun isn't entirely single target, that's most of what he does. I'm afraid my BH isn't far enough along to have Torian to compare, but I suspect they're very similar.
They are indeed identical. I really dont get to use him that much on my PT tho.
Also not all compainions are born equal. My troopers healing companion uses AIM as main stat akd wear heavy armor which are far more tankier compare to mako and such ones in medium armor.

And if you compare the ability sets and tooltip numbers heavy armored healing companions heals and offdps just as god regardless of having far better armor.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Joajoa
10.12.2012 , 05:33 PM | #9
Please don't speak about this anymore.I don't think Bioware meant to make Akaavi so capable.If they find out how good Akaavi really is,they might nerf her!

I think somehow Akaavi's attacks bypasses the target's armor,I don't know if it's by design or by mistake.I think that's why she seems to hit so hard.

happysister
10.12.2012 , 06:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Joajoa View Post
I think somehow Akaavi's attacks bypasses the target's armor,I don't know if it's by design or by mistake.I think that's why she seems to hit so hard.
one of her stances gives her better armor penetration. that might be why.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic