Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Level 50 Legacy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bravotwentysev's Avatar


bravotwentysev
10.10.2012 , 07:20 AM | #11
Leagacy was mainly for the alt-A-holics. Beyond that its was a meaningless add-on for people who had 2 level 50's before the launch of legacy.

It was their way of saying "to keep playing was to roll alts and lots of them", waste your credits on stuff and fluff that was meaningless to a level50.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
10.10.2012 , 07:24 AM | #12
While I'm sure more legacy stuff will be coming.

There is just no way BW would let it stand empty from level 25 to 50.

If anything there should be a scale on legacy level to mod extraction. higher legacy level, the lower the cost for pulling out mods and such.

There could be so much they do with legacy but as it stands now, half of the legacy levels are dead and represent nothing but some random set of numbers.

Sad really.

Boozek's Avatar


Boozek
10.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
While I'm sure more legacy stuff will be coming.

There is just no way BW would let it stand empty from level 25 to 50.

If anything there should be a scale on legacy level to mod extraction. higher legacy level, the lower the cost for pulling out mods and such.

There could be so much they do with legacy but as it stands now, half of the legacy levels are dead and represent nothing but some random set of numbers.

Sad really.
lol yea but if they gave you a pull out mod perk to reduce the cost it would be say 1 mil creds and only available on that char, you'd most likely have to purchase it on every char (alot of people are beyond the 8 now with the extra alt slots) turning it into another useless non-beneficial waste of coding.

bravotwentysev's Avatar


bravotwentysev
10.10.2012 , 07:30 AM | #14
The need more perks that is tied to all your toons other than just buffs and never going to use un-armed combat moves.

This pay per character is not so hot for me.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
10.10.2012 , 07:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Boozek View Post
lol yea but if they gave you a pull out mod perk to reduce the cost it would be say 1 mil creds and only available on that char, you'd most likely have to purchase it on every char (alot of people are beyond the 8 now with the extra alt slots) turning it into another useless non-beneficial waste of coding.

While we're speculating, maybe it would be a legacy wide perk and be 500K per level with 4 levels to buy.

Each level purchased lowers the cost of mod removal by 25% across all legacy toons.

2 million credits and you pay nothing for mod removal for all legacy toons.

I'd pay it in a heartbeat and it would be amazing.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
10.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiaxn View Post
Whats the point? Have lvl 50 legacy and legacy is completely useless after lvl 25.

New armor skins
Implants that give your armor effects?
Weapons?

Dono what would other people like to see at lvl 50 legacy
Post below =)
There is currently no point BUT, if you want to see an idea for making Legacy Level more meaningful ...

CLICK. MAH. SIG!!!

Viridiana's Avatar


Viridiana
10.10.2012 , 12:22 PM | #17
Someone on my server the other day was claiming that after the latest server merges when we got an extra 4 slots that they had an extra 8 (16 total) with only 8 total created characters, so it wasn't like they had 16+ chars on different servers and it put them all on one, they were legacy level 50 as opposed to everyone who only had 12 but were not legacy 50, I can't confirm or deny this as i'm only legacy 45 right now, but maybe there is an unadvertised perk for hitting 50.

Anyone legacy 50 that can confirm or deny this ?

EricJS's Avatar


EricJS
10.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
Anyone legacy 50 that can confirm or deny this ?
I can deny it. Level 50 legacy, hit it between the server transfers and the server merges, and I was at 8/12 character slots when the server merges landed, and I'm currently at 12/12, no change in upper limit.

LukeSaberRattler's Avatar


LukeSaberRattler
10.10.2012 , 04:28 PM | #19
Well judging by that interview answer that someone else posted today they are planning on expanding legacy a lot so I am sure you will have plenty of things that will unlock in the future.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
10.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
Someone on my server the other day was claiming that after the latest server merges when we got an extra 4 slots that they had an extra 8 (16 total) with only 8 total created characters, so it wasn't like they had 16+ chars on different servers and it put them all on one, they were legacy level 50 as opposed to everyone who only had 12 but were not legacy 50, I can't confirm or deny this as i'm only legacy 45 right now, but maybe there is an unadvertised perk for hitting 50.

Anyone legacy 50 that can confirm or deny this ?
I am legacy 50, and have 30 character slots on my server, but it has nothing to do with legacy perks/level- it has to do with having multiple servers filled with characters to save names, which all got rolled into one server...hence I now have 30/12 for my character slot listing... 4 pages worth... and im keeping them all lol.

I can confirm there are NO hidden legacy perks at 50. You just ding lvl 50...and thats it.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.