Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why cant a class have heal and tank?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why cant a class have heal and tank?

exile_army
10.09.2012 , 11:03 PM | #1
Ive noticed that all the advanced classes have like damage always then tank or heal.How come there cant be heal and tank? Or there could be more roles and the classes could have like 3 or 4! What do you think?

-exile_army

Alduinsm
10.09.2012 , 11:07 PM | #2
Hybrid build, that class can have some tank def skill plus heal ability.
Shin

Darth-Rammstein
10.09.2012 , 11:26 PM | #3
I think having a tank that can self heal would be problematic...they would be able to solo anything with ease.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Devastantor
10.09.2012 , 11:30 PM | #4
If there was heal/tank it would be real OP. You hardly take damage and if you do you just heal away the damage....

Still that aside it would be a good class to play and i definitely think more specs would be good

Kalfear
10.10.2012 , 12:56 AM | #5
as stated, a hybred build works pretty well

I did a hybred commando speced in DPS and heals and was quite a good build in PVE honestly, unless you in end game and need faster/bigger damage before enrage timer hits.

Also tried a hybred Bounty Hunter Merc build that was dps/heal. Pretty much same story as the commando.

Long as your not doing post 50 pvp or ops/hard mode flash points, the hybred build works well.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

XaporKux
10.10.2012 , 01:12 AM | #6
I think i see what you mean. Did you play SWG? I was TKM/Master doc, 2 roles for the price of one. I could still go out and DPS but at the same time I could buff players up before we head out on a raid (if I had my doc stuff on me)

You could never buff people inside a dungeon though.

They were two of the top classes before NGE.
"Be safe out there"
Est.Nov 2008

ElitehunterDS
10.10.2012 , 01:17 AM | #7
Paladin in wow had issues (and still have) because they can do all 3 roles and hybrid spec were rampant, causing major nerf to other spec, etc.

Change is not needed on this matter.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Cleet_Xia
10.10.2012 , 01:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
I think having a tank that can self heal would be problematic...they would be able to solo anything with ease.
That would only be true if the hybrid spec could self heal well enough to still dps down a boss before an enrage timer kicked in. If the buffs to dps in the healing and tanking trees were restricted to the higher portion of the trees & the dps tree, tanking on a hybrid self healing tank would require the spec healer of the group to dps in their stead. Sure they would be able to solo the heroic 2 & 4's ~ but many specs can already do that.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Foobert
10.10.2012 , 08:33 AM | #9
but a bigger problem is how would you balance this for pvp?

cycao
10.10.2012 , 08:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Foobert View Post
but a bigger problem is how would you balance this for pvp?
Lol you couldn't.