Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder if already grouped?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Group Finder if already grouped?

GalinHalcyon
10.09.2012 , 10:34 PM | #1
I know it's a weird thread title, but couldn't figure out a way to word it better.

I often quest with one other person, and as such am always grouped with them. Unfortunately, since we're already grouped, we can't use group finder to find two more group members for a 4 person group. Is there a way around this to use group finder and still make sure we end up in the same group together?

Also, what does, "LFM to queue" mean? I can only assume it's someone asking for someone to join the queue with them, correct? I also witness someone in chat trying to get a group together, going, "Just queue up and it will take us there." This seems to be them using a solution to my problem, but I'm not sure how,. If they just queued up in group finder, they wouldn't be guaranteed the group they wanted, right?

Thank you for your help!

Gidrea
10.10.2012 , 01:45 AM | #2
If you are grouped and you join group finder, you will stay together. Group Finder will find two more people to join you.

A group of four will join group finder so they can get the daily rewards, and the instant travel feature.

Group Finder will not split you and your friend up.
Gidrea / Sallah / Starinna / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

dosadnik
10.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GalinHalcyon View Post
I know it's a weird thread title, but couldn't figure out a way to word it better.

I often quest with one other person, and as such am always grouped with them. Unfortunately, since we're already grouped, we can't use group finder to find two more group members for a 4 person group. Is there a way around this to use group finder and still make sure we end up in the same group together?

Also, what does, "LFM to queue" mean? I can only assume it's someone asking for someone to join the queue with them, correct? I also witness someone in chat trying to get a group together, going, "Just queue up and it will take us there." This seems to be them using a solution to my problem, but I'm not sure how,. If they just queued up in group finder, they wouldn't be guaranteed the group they wanted, right?

Thank you for your help!
You actually can use the group finder even if you are in a group already. But it is only the group leader that can queue you up. Keep in mind to set your role before he queues you up. The group finder has a feature that will teleport you to the Flashpoint once the group is full. It also works with a full group and most people use it to get to the Flashpoint faster.

I haven't seen "LFM to queue" before but what LFM means is Looking For More. I am guessing they are saying queue up on the group finder for Flashpoint X.

Hope this helps.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

GalinHalcyon
10.10.2012 , 03:50 PM | #4
Much appreciated, guys. Thanks!