Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.10.2012 , 01:22 AM | #31
oh that is a cool feature, nice to get to know some folks behind the curtain.

BrunoLogan
10.10.2012 , 02:47 AM | #32
Hello, Jesse! Nice to meet you!
Keep up the good work! The new operation is awesome!

To the community team:
This initiative of getting us to know the elements from the dev team is a total win. Keep these blog posts coming!

Cheers!

Costello
10.10.2012 , 04:54 AM | #33
As someone who plays in Flashpoints and doesn't skip the cinematics do you skip the trash mobs?

As it stands at the moment there is no bonus for killing the majority of the trash we encounter. Even the bonus boss often drops low tier rewards for that flashpoint that nobody wants while the trash mobs themselves drop nothing. While at the same time (more so in Ops) the trash mobs are not balanced to be able to be waded through without some pre work or crowd control or concentrated fire. This makes the effort in killing them far out weigh the rewards gained. And then there is the almost unlimited supply of them.

Take EC where every 3 feet there are another group of Trandoshian or droids. To the point that it takes a lot of time to clear through them all that can put casual players off playing the ops and to a lesser extent flashpoints. And encourages experienced players to find ways to skip as much as they possibly can.

So is skipping trash mobs something you agree with and go along in groups?

Eillack
10.10.2012 , 05:50 AM | #34
Girlfriend? IMPOSSIBLE >_< .

Nah I'm just messin, hello Jesse!

Joesixxpack
10.10.2012 , 06:35 AM | #35
Hey Jesse, nice work on the FPs and Ops, they're a lot of fun.

To Community team: Great idea with "meet _______", looking foward to more.

theblaznee
10.10.2012 , 06:49 AM | #36
Nice feature..

My question.. What are some of the raid fights from other MMO's that have influenced you, or that you think contain interesting mechanics.. And why?.
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

LarryRow
10.10.2012 , 07:02 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
2) Any update on plans to convert the non-HM flashpoints to HM versions? I know alot of forum goers want that
I would love an answer to this. Some of those pre-50 flashpoints were a blast!

Another question: Have you tried the hybrid tank spec? What do you think? (as you can see from my sig I play a guardian tank too)
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

LarryRow
10.10.2012 , 07:05 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Acorns_Malfurion View Post
I want a Guardian tank 1v1 with Jesse Sky :0
I clashed with the opposing team's tank in a rated match once. Thanks to low damage and high mitigation, the heals from focused defense, and each popping a medpack, the fight lasted for about 1:30 (i popped focused defense twice!) before I gave up, stunned him, and ran to help my team at mid.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

TheBBP
10.10.2012 , 08:49 AM | #39
This blog was a nice unexpected surprise. Glad to meet you!
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

iamthehoyden
10.10.2012 , 01:05 PM | #40
Another question came to mind:

What are your thoughts on scaling up the level range of the hm flashpoints to stay relevant during future level cap raises?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box