Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Samoth_Nomad
10.09.2012 , 04:09 PM | #11
Cool Blog. I very much like hearing from the devs!

Izorii
10.09.2012 , 04:09 PM | #12
Hi, nice blog. One question that did come to mind though when reading it, are you ever worried that by constantly trying to challenge the top tier of players with Opperations and Nightmare mode that you are excluding the more casual players from some of the content you feel most proud of?

NewserCoull
10.09.2012 , 04:10 PM | #13
Hey Jesse, any tips on being a DPS and Tank Guardian?
Peace and Justice

WaywardSith
10.09.2012 , 04:13 PM | #14
Nice blog, man, really enjoyed reading it
Honestly, I wonder if the devs spec republic first, seems like most of them are like that.
*waits for imp fanboy dev*
Lacai ~ lvl 50 Tanksin | Polakov ~ lvl 50 Op Healer | Bl'y ~ lvl 50 Commando DPS main spec, heal off spec

KarethRiker
10.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #15
Great, interview. Jesse's personality really came through.

A couple of questions:
1) When will we see a new flashpoint, it's been awhile since we saw one last
2) Any update on plans to convert the non-HM flashpoints to HM versions? I know alot of forum goers want that
3) How do you decide what loot to have drop in an operation?
4) Why make players ride so long back on speeders between boss encounters on Ops?

Thanks again!
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Petnil
10.09.2012 , 04:37 PM | #16
hello Jesse.

so.. questions. Will there be more tier2 FP ?

iīm thinking e.x. hammer station and athiss. I guess all the low FP that havenīt been made tier1 hard mode could be tier2 so those who prefer small groups over ops could still get full rakata.

my favorite FP is Lost Island, before the 1.4 change and with melee dps. What was the thought about the change.
My guess is it were to be able to have the tank not kite no matter if the group have melee dps or not, but the kiting was what made the fight fun imo.

I know the ship have sailed on this, but if i were to change it, it would have been a change that would force the tank to kite. E.x. giving the bupple cast a max range so it allways lands on a melee target. If no dps or healer is in range it will land on the tank. That way the ranged and healers would probaly just stand in the center while the tank kites around the room, so i dont quite know if that would work.

Dink
10.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #17
Excellent interview, hope to see many more along the same lines

Only question(s) I have (as a fellow web developer), how did you get into game development? what lead you down this road as opposed to following your degree path (art history)?
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::

sippelmc
10.09.2012 , 05:00 PM | #18
Thanks, I appreciated your time and insights.

Evgen
10.09.2012 , 05:37 PM | #19
Hi Jesse!

I'm looking forward to sampling your work, but being on a neglected APAC server (read all of them) we don't have to population to do operations easily.
Do you know anything about what's going on with that? I know it's not your area' but the people who should know aren't saying

Costello
10.09.2012 , 05:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
Hi, nice blog. One question that did come to mind though when reading it, are you ever worried that by constantly trying to challenge the top tier of players with Opperations and Nightmare mode that you are excluding the more casual players from some of the content you feel most proud of?
Very good question.

While Ops are nice they aren't always an option if you can't play for 2+ hours in one go or RL issues make OPs difficult. It would be nice to see things equally enjoyable for solo or Heroic 2+ game play.