Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher Stuck at 0% Installation (Main Assets 85)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Patcher Stuck at 0% Installation (Main Assets 85)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

warriorcat
10.09.2012 , 02:18 PM | #11
2012-10-09 22:27:03 ERROR Deleting F:\Star Wars-The Old Republic\patcher.version, and trying again.

did you delete this while it was patching ...

try following the step of deleting this again and follow the steps given again

(unsure what to say atm all parts of logs are different ) ( when it has (---------------------------------------------------- ) it is you launching it up again )
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

darpi
10.09.2012 , 02:33 PM | #12
Thank you for assistance, I deleted patcher.version again, restarted the computer, launch the game and did update successfully.
There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side
There is Only the Force

warriorcat
10.09.2012 , 02:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by darpi View Post
Thank you for assistance, I deleted patcher.version again, restarted the computer, launch the game and did update successfully.
glad it worked
level 55 Raffes

Messiaah
10.09.2012 , 03:13 PM | #14
I also solved the problem. I used SWTOR Unleashed 3.0 to create a virtual RAM and it started patching, but i'm not sure if that was the solution. It could also be the fact that i restarted the launcher again and again until it worked.

Thanks for the response anyway.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open

warriorcat
10.09.2012 , 03:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Messiaah View Post
I also solved the problem. I used SWTOR Unleashed 3.0 to create a virtual RAM and it started patching, but i'm not sure if that was the solution. It could also be the fact that i restarted the launcher again and again until it worked.

Thanks for the response anyway.
normally advice is to disable unleashed... so maybe best to keep this of when updating in future unless you find it only works under certain conditions (which include unleashed being on)
level 55 Raffes

Messiaah
10.09.2012 , 03:46 PM | #16
i updated swtor without unleashed, after i realised that it was not updating i tried it with unleashed and it worked.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open

MacThane
11.30.2014 , 07:09 PM | #17
Sorry to resurrect a (very) old thread, but I'm having a similar issue. Was playing SWTOR fine yesterday, but now it's stuck at 0% installing. I see no progress whatsoever. Really odd. Tried the previous advice to no affect, have done a lot of reading around various forums; deleting libcef file, rebooting machine multiple times, running installer over existing install, rebooting some more, deleting patcher.version, running in XP sp3, running as admin, etc.

Any advice would be great; thanks for your time

Republicism
11.30.2014 , 07:19 PM | #18
I have been having the same problem as well. Odd thing is the game worked perfectly fine yesterday. Then it started doing this strange thing where it would update to 100% complete but the "play" button would be greyed out. I did everything I could think of to fix it and nothing.
So ... I decided to just delete the game entirely and download again. Well, long story short, the game won't download. Stuck at 0% and there appears to be NO reason why this should be happening. I am so confused. It's like the devil did it.

MacThane
12.01.2014 , 03:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Republicism View Post
It's like the devil did it.
Ghosts in the machine ;D Hopefully some help soon.

EDIT: confirmed, it's still doing the same thing this morning.

OwenBrooks
12.01.2014 , 03:42 AM | #20
I have seen evidence of some routing issues recently , use www.hotspotshield.com and see if it starts patching ?

turn it off before pressing play, also given the CDNs are GEO DNS it is also worthehile chaging to a public DNS server to try and point to a different CDN http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-eefca5d278d0

If you have uninstalled and have a new install in front of you, make the changes here it may also start working - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 don't do this unless you want a re-install without bitraider

Eg. - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=778240&page=2 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778108

Just in case anyone has altered there host file in the past and left a cdn entry now is a good time to reset the host file - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034