Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PuG Behavior in Flashpoints and Kicking

Eillack
10.10.2012 , 08:23 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Yes, you were in the wrong. You rolled need for a companion without telling anyone. Need is used for your main spec and not your companion.

Need rolling for companions is frowned upon.
This.

You are the "bad guy" in that situation OP.

You should apologize to that group honestly.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

ZeroPlus
10.10.2012 , 08:36 AM | #32
I spent too many years in a raiding guild in another game, so I now I enjoy being guild-less and just doing my thing on my own time.

As such, I make liberal use of the Group Finder and this is how it goes when I enter a FP:
1) Say "hello" and use my class buff.
2) Check group composition. If anyone is looking ubercool in matching gear I compliment them on their look .
3) If there is another player of my class (or more than one) I quickly inspect them. If their gear is better than mine, I'm needing on stuff I need for my class. If their gear is worse I'm greeding/passing on stuff.
4) When we get to a boss: if I don't know the fight I say so and ask what I should do; if I know the fight I ask if anyone is new to the fight and give a quick explanation if needed.
5) If something drops that one of my companions can use, I wait until all have rolled and IF NOONE NEEDED I ask if I can need for my companion. If the answer is "yes" I need. If the answer is "no" I greed and take my chances like everyone else.

Never had any loot stress in a PUG.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

TalantMAJR
10.10.2012 , 09:33 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
You couldnt be more wrong. It doesnt matter whether its in a pug or not, the rules are "need" for yourself and "greed" for everything else. I learned that lesson the hard way ages ago on Kaas when I was like lvl 10 ,100% noob with my first char.

Seriously theres nothing more annoying than those ppl that want everything. "I want it for my companion!" So what? Everyone has companions. I normally even pass 95% of the time so other ppl can have it.
1: Punctuation is your friend. Use it sometimes. Will make you seem like less of an idiot.
2: There is no such thing as 'more' or 'less' wrong. Wrong is an absolute.
3: I wasn't talking about needing everything that dropped. I agree that people who need on everything are annoying, but this isn't what we're talking about.

I can't believe this thread has turned into four pages of petty arguments.
Bottom line;
The Need/Greed/Pass system works on a randomly generated roll for contested items, making it fair. Everyone else had already rolled greed in OP's scenario, so he did nothing wrong by needing for a companion at that point.
He's not a ninja.
Yes, as stressed multiple times, asking is the nice thing to do.
But without communication of ANY KIND, rolling need after everyone else rolled greed is perfectly okay.

Also
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
A companion is part of your character
anyways, if they make a fuss about a blue 22 mod, then they are silly, you can buy those for 2k on the GTN.
Quoted For Truth.
*Insert witty signature here*

mikebevo
10.10.2012 , 09:35 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
A companion is part of your character
anyways, if they make a fuss about a blue 22 mod, then they are silly, you can buy those for 2k on the GTN.
It has nothing to do with value or gear. It has to do with respect for the group. Everyone's time and effort is just as valuable as the rest of the group. No one is more entitled to something over someone else unless it is a upgrade for them. If it is for you and a upgrade then need, but if it is for your companion, then greed, unless the group gives you permission to need. They have just as much right to it as you. If you want the mod so much and you don't want to ask if you can need for companion, then go buy in on GTN for 2k.

I find this really funny since I normally hit pass on anything but mats and legacy stuff, but I still watch who needs and greeds.

Flaminica
10.10.2012 , 09:42 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
[/B]

Alan Rickman (and three others) English comedy routine. it's actually pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb-2VaJYPw
Or the superior (better timing) Python original from The Hollywood Bowl. I swear I'm going to quote random lines from it to every person who ever goes on a "you kids today - we had it hard" rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Spearshakers
||

Kershner
10.10.2012 , 12:18 PM | #36
I always follow the need if you need otherwise greed for my toon but nobody has mentioned off spec's. What if you needed something for an off spec, would people usually say thats a need or a greed?? I always ask even if I need tbh as it's polite.

One thing to also watch out for is as a PUG is guild groups. I joined 3 guild member for my HMFP yesterday. We got to the last boss and downed it fine. I already had what dropped but didnt have for off spec and one of the guildies needed for main spec. I asked in chat if they needed for main spec as I was going to pass. What happened next is the same as ninja looting imo, all the guild members needed it. When I asked why they all needed I found out that because items are no longer BOP, they all need to increase the chance for their guildie and then trade it to them.

Obviously I wasn't too upset as I had for main spec and was happy to give it to them anyways as they needed it for main spec but what got me so annoyed was the way they did it. It essentially it became 3 against 1 for the roll so if I needed it I still only had a 25% chance of getting it.

Just thought I would make everyone aware and ask what people thought? Fair? Exploit? Should I have reported?

WillHolmes
10.10.2012 , 12:34 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kershner View Post
I always follow the need if you need otherwise greed for my toon but nobody has mentioned off spec's. What if you needed something for an off spec, would people usually say thats a need or a greed?? I always ask even if I need tbh as it's polite.

One thing to also watch out for is as a PUG is guild groups. I joined 3 guild member for my HMFP yesterday. We got to the last boss and downed it fine. I already had what dropped but didnt have for off spec and one of the guildies needed for main spec. I asked in chat if they needed for main spec as I was going to pass. What happened next is the same as ninja looting imo, all the guild members needed it. When I asked why they all needed I found out that because items are no longer BOP, they all need to increase the chance for their guildie and then trade it to them.

Obviously I wasn't too upset as I had for main spec and was happy to give it to them anyways as they needed it for main spec but what got me so annoyed was the way they did it. It essentially it became 3 against 1 for the roll so if I needed it I still only had a 25% chance of getting it.

Just thought I would make everyone aware and ask what people thought? Fair? Exploit? Should I have reported?
I sympathize but this is EA fault, ita a mechanic problem as you explained, it was EA that gave them the power to do this. Seems EA thinks that people arent generally complete douches when hey look its 2012 90% of people are *** wipes.
Jedi Covenant

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

Khevar
10.10.2012 , 01:42 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TalantMAJR View Post
... self righteous bla bla bla and ...

2: There is no such thing as 'more' or 'less' wrong. Wrong is an absolute.
I couldn't help but laugh and think of this:

Stuart: Ooh, Sheldon, Iím afraid you couldnít be more wrong.
Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.
Stuart: Of course it is. Itís a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, itís very wrong to say itís a suspension bridge.

TalantMAJR
10.10.2012 , 01:49 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I couldn't help but laugh and think of this:

Stuart: Ooh, Sheldon, Iím afraid you couldnít be more wrong.
Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.
Stuart: Of course it is. Itís a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, itís very wrong to say itís a suspension bridge.
This made me lol.
What's it from?
*Insert witty signature here*

mikebevo
10.10.2012 , 02:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kershner View Post
No not fair. He should have gotten it if it was his spec, but the way it was done is just as bad as people needing for companions. Some how people seem to think they are more entitled because if they have a majority from their guild. Sorry it is only a guild run if everyone is from the guild. Once you add a PUG everyone in the group should be treated the same. I don't care if it is a HMFP or a OPS. In Ops when we get a PUG, we usually put them on the top of the list for gear. We make sure they get something. If you don't follow the rules and treat PUGs wtih respect, then you will be looking for a new guild.