Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy, what Legacy..?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ULTHIEN
10.09.2012 , 06:18 AM | #1
Hello,

i have up till now 8-10 chars ranging from lvl 15 - 30 but was never "asked for a surname" to start my legacy XP bar

(this is as much i am aware of about Legacy, apart from the vendors standing around from which i can never buy a thing)

======

am i missing sometihing, and is it refundable?

Where should a player get a hint if at all about "legacy" issues while playing...(!?)

NRVNQSR
10.09.2012 , 06:24 AM | #2
Did you ever finish Act 1 of a class story? Level actually has nothing to do with it. It sounds like you have a couple toons on the verge of completing Act 1, when one of them actually does you should get that prompt.

sunxi
10.09.2012 , 06:28 AM | #3
You get your Legacy once you get your first character to complete their Chapter 1 storyline. This usually happens somewhere close to level 35. Sooner if you got some higher level friends to help you get through your class quests.
Once you get your legacy then all the rest of your alts contribute exp to the legacy ( even if you haven't chosen a surname they will still all contribute).

So pick one toon and get those class quests done. then go all altaholic.
{whoops meant to say closer to level 35 :-p}
If only there was a patch for stupid

Imhotep
10.09.2012 , 06:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ULTHIEN View Post
Hello,

i have up till now 8-10 chars ranging from lvl 15 - 30 but was never "asked for a surname" to start my legacy XP bar

(this is as much i am aware of about Legacy, apart from the vendors standing around from which i can never buy a thing)

======

am i missing sometihing, and is it refundable?

Where should a player get a hint if at all about "legacy" issues while playing...(!?)
You're ADD with toons. Its ok so am I. You need to get at least one to the end of chapter 1, otherwise you are just spinning your wheels in regards to legacy.
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Skhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe

Malastare
10.09.2012 , 07:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sunxi View Post
You get your Legacy once you get your first character to complete their Chapter 1 storyline. This usually happens somewhere close to level 40.
Ack.

You're not terribly familiar with normal play, are you?

As someone who actually has played many characters through Chapter 1, it's common to see people finishing up Alderaan between level 30 and 32. Some are higher. At level 38, you don't even get XP from Alderaan. I don't know how you'd even get to Lvl 40 by the end of Chapter 1...

...unless you're running regular space missions and PvP matches... which most people don't.

Quraswren
10.09.2012 , 07:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Ack.

You're not terribly familiar with normal play, are you?

As someone who actually has played many characters through Chapter 1, it's common to see people finishing up Alderaan between level 30 and 32. Some are higher. At level 38, you don't even get XP from Alderaan. I don't know how you'd even get to Lvl 40 by the end of Chapter 1...

...unless you're running regular space missions and PvP matches... which most people don't.
This is very true.

You get done with chapter 1 around 32 (I have read some that are over-leveled getting done around 34 or so)

Chapter 2 is a short hop and ends around 40 (give or take a few levels of course) and that gives the class buff to all your toons.

OP - Just finish the chapter one class quest and it will open up your legacy for you. It should be around 32 or so.

AllisonBerryman
10.09.2012 , 09:15 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Like many players have mentioned, you do need to finish Chapter 1 for your class story (you'll know when you do!) in order to unlock your Legacy. I'd encourage you to pick your favorite and stick with it until you do, and then gain a few Legacy levels; you'll find lots of the Legacy benefits are really helpful!

Wraiven
10.09.2012 , 09:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Like many players have mentioned, you do need to finish Chapter 1 for your class story (you'll know when you do!) in order to unlock your Legacy. I'd encourage you to pick your favorite and stick with it until you do, and then gain a few Legacy levels; you'll find lots of the Legacy benefits are really helpful!
...and very costly with the credits.

Which IMHO defeats the whole Legacy Purpose.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Jacen_Starsolo
10.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
...and very costly with the credits.

Which IMHO defeats the whole Legacy Purpose.
And the level 14 items, most of the time I have better stuff by level 14. They may look not as good but you can have better stats and such a low level you will be done with them quickly anyhow.

And with 1.4, they should rename it LAGacy.

RAVM
10.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #10
My inheritance main weapon at level 14 (or 16, whatever it was) lasts me about 10 levels.

The best things about Legacy are the free stuff: the class buff from completing chapter 2 and the presence stat increase from completing companion conversation dialogs (+50 per class). The presence increase is a huge boost in the early levels but a modest boost at later ones. You're not taking much advantage of this stuff if you keep hopping around from one character to another.