Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much CC in pvp

ShatterMask
10.09.2012 , 12:32 AM | #1
Why is there so much CC in this game?? my god im stun locked the hole match. there's no way the Dev's could have looked at each other with a straight face and said hey lets add more CC in 1.4 with the resolve system. its VERY clear the Dev's care nothing about pvp.. which is sad, because pvpers make awesome videos and stream which gives this game the much needed exposure to bring people back to the game. never in my time playing mmo's have i been CC'd so much and been so frustrated with pvp.

Knight_Darga
10.09.2012 , 01:06 AM | #2
If it's not blinding, mind stun, carbonite freeze... it's some other bloody CC, I've been CCd five times in a row, I counted. Which is sickening, and either they need to lower the cool down of the anti-cc ability, or put more resolve per CC, cause the blinds and Carbon freezes only do a bout 1/4 resolve at a time, meaning you can just keep getting CCd over so long as they don't use their "major" cc ability like stun dart or cryo grenade. Thanks for adding in an "instant" reslove disolve as soon as the resolve wears off... games getting worse, way worse than when it started.
"Brothers! War calls you. Will you answer?"

Sabredance
10.09.2012 , 01:24 AM | #3
I love the CC in this game

Played an Archmage in Warhammer - so i could AoE push people from keeps and into lava and canyons.

Played a Dominator in Rift, till they destroyed it.

To me CC is fun.

and i have never been
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatterMask View Post
stun locked the hole match.

Leafy_Bug
10.09.2012 , 01:28 AM | #4
It is working as intended. In 1.5 CC will play an even more important role. In ties, such as voidstar or huttball, the decider will be which team cc-ed more. BioWare also wants to implement medals for the guys who cc the most during a warzone.

ShatterMask
10.09.2012 , 03:15 AM | #5
Hahaha leafy, with BW you never can tell!!

Siorac
10.09.2012 , 03:26 AM | #6
Just wait until more Shadows spec Infiltration due to the 1.4 buffs.

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.

vimm
10.09.2012 , 04:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
Plus the knockback!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Siorac
10.09.2012 , 05:11 AM | #8
Knockbacks never annoy me that much, they don't take away my control of my character. I hate their overpowered effectiveness in Huttball but that is the map's design flaw.

Warlord_Maliken
10.09.2012 , 05:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatterMask View Post
Why is there so much CC in this game?? my god im stun locked the hole match. there's no way the Dev's could have looked at each other with a straight face and said hey lets add more CC in 1.4 with the resolve system. its VERY clear the Dev's care nothing about pvp.. which is sad, because pvpers make awesome videos and stream which gives this game the much needed exposure to bring people back to the game. never in my time playing mmo's have i been CC'd so much and been so frustrated with pvp.
YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol.

This could keep us entertained until the company hires people that PvP every once in a blue moon.

cycao
10.09.2012 , 06:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
A good thing most deception/infiltration are terrible and do not know how to use any of the above correctly.