Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dismissed Companions keep returning?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Dismissed Companions keep returning?

Telliyos
10.08.2012 , 07:48 PM | #1
I like the idea of companions, but I'm wondering if there's a way to dismiss them more permanently?

Sometimes I just don't need the help, and it's kind of annoying when I'm just about to finish a mob off and this giant green lizard guy jumps in and body-slams him :P

I've tried right click -> dismiss, but every time I enter a new area or even finish a conversation he re-appears. Is there any way to get him to take the hint? :P

Thanks!

Oggthebase
10.09.2012 , 02:24 AM | #2
As far as I know, no.

Yogol
10.09.2012 , 02:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Telliyos View Post
I like the idea of companions, but I'm wondering if there's a way to dismiss them more permanently?

Sometimes I just don't need the help, and it's kind of annoying when I'm just about to finish a mob off and this giant green lizard guy jumps in and body-slams him :P

I've tried right click -> dismiss, but every time I enter a new area or even finish a conversation he re-appears. Is there any way to get him to take the hint? :P

Thanks!
Send him on a loooooooong mission!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

FlippinFlapJack
10.09.2012 , 07:46 AM | #4
As a lightly armed healer, I really liked having a 7 foot tall lizard dude who thought I was his messiah and zealously practicing a religion that dictates he kill everything that might present a challenge.

On the sith side, it was also nice to have a 9 foot tall murder machine at my side...but he keeps threatening to eat me.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

CthulhuRyleh
10.09.2012 , 08:02 AM | #5
Maybe I just suck but eventually some fights are hard enough that you need to have a companion by your side to succeed.

DLBoyd
10.09.2012 , 08:18 AM | #6
Put him on passive and he will just stand there and watch you...Then if you really need help, you can tell him to start attacking...

dosadnik
10.09.2012 , 09:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Telliyos View Post

Thanks!
Why wouldn't you want help? This game is made to be played with companions. It is a lot easier if you have them with you.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

Gidrea
10.09.2012 , 12:28 PM | #8
Lizard man is annoying, always sticking his big head in the way. Once I got Theran (Healer) I never used Qyzen again. Didn't miss him, either.

This game is designed to be played with companions, so unless you're grouped with other players all the time, you will need a companion with you. Quests get a lot harder as you level up.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!