Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crashing to desktop since 1.4

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lenfant
10.16.2012 , 06:25 PM | #11
I mean no disrespect to the Customer Service crew when I say this. I play WoW and Lord of the Rings online and in neither game which are way more graphic involved I do not crash like I do playing Star Wars. I will and am looking at the notes and suggestions to fix this problem because it is a nuisance and makes the game not enjoyable to play at all.

VolArne
10.16.2012 , 07:10 PM | #12
I have been playing since Beta, and other than the odd bad-patch-related stuff, have had no performance issues what so ever. Always good connections, always good graphics etc. Since 1.4 my experience has been BRUTAL connection (massive lag spikes), graphical distortion and constant random disconnections. I have had a ticket open for over a week and haven't even got a "ya ya here's an automated bs response" yet! My subscription is getting shut off very soon unless I get some resolution. Other games from your competitors await me!

Sutii
10.16.2012 , 08:21 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

We understand that instability issues of this nature can be very frustrating to encounter, however in order to investigate the matter fully we would like to kindly request that those of you experiencing this please reply here with your DXDiag and Reliability Reports. Information on how to obtain these can be found in the spoilers below:

Please post them within [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags.

DXDiag report
Spoiler
Reliability Report:
Spoiler
Thank you for your cooperation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lenfant View Post
I mean no disrespect to the Customer Service crew when I say this. I play WoW and Lord of the Rings online and in neither game which are way more graphic involved I do not crash like I do playing Star Wars. I will and am looking at the notes and suggestions to fix this problem because it is a nuisance and makes the game not enjoyable to play at all.
Hello Lenfant,

As above could you also reply here with the requested DXDiag and Reliability Reports. Additionally please do note that SWTOR is somewhat more system intensive than the titles you have listed, regardless of this the stability of any software cannot be judged based on the stability of any other software.

Thank you for your understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Darth-Rammstein
10.16.2012 , 09:20 PM | #14
DxDiag Report
Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

Edit: So far after the clean boot I'm about 30 minutes into gameplay and haven't frozen/crashed. My gpu temp seems fine and cpu running fine. I'll make another post if it breaks down in a bit. This is the longest I've been on without crashing so I'm hoping something got fixed up there.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Sutii
10.16.2012 , 09:34 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Darth-Rammstein,

Thank you for providing that information. I'd like to also request that you, and anyone else experiencing crashes, please do ensure that you have checked if the issue persists when running the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135.

Please let us know here if it does continue to do so.

Thanks.

Gellay
10.16.2012 , 09:52 PM | #16
I have the same problem and I know many in my guild and/or friendly guilds that also have the same problem.
For some of us (like me it started with patch 1.3 and got worse with 1.4.
For others it started with patch 1.4.

It seems like i have a 33-50% chance to CTD whenever a loading-screen appears. Also some CTDs "in the open field" while playing, but i assume it happens when there is something about to be displayed on the screen (i.e. companion returns from mission, system-message, etc.).

Installing newest Graphics-Drivers or various C++ environments did not fix the problem on any of us.

Sutii
10.16.2012 , 10:06 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Gellay,

Could you also confirm that the problem persists when running the game after performing a clean boot. If so, could you please reply here including your DXDiag and Reliability Reports, instructions on how to obtain these can be found in the spoilers below.

Please post them within [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags.

DXDiag report
Spoiler
Reliability Report:
Spoiler
Thanks.

Steertwitz
10.16.2012 , 10:10 PM | #18
Same problem with crashes to desktop after 1.4.
DxDiag:
Spoiler

Reliability report:
Spoiler

Sutii
10.16.2012 , 10:31 PM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Steertwitz,

The information you have posted indicates that there could be a possible corruption of your User Profile. Could you please create a new Windows User Profile and see if the behaviour persists while logged in to this profile and after performing a clean boot. Please see the following link for information on how to create a User Profile:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...a-user-account
Thanks.

Sciara
10.16.2012 , 10:50 PM | #20
They'll never admit defeat! I'm flawless on my machine, yet my husband's machine crashes to desktop 5-10 times a night. I've tried EVERYTHING they suggested, nothing.

I'm quite sure they are aware that using the Hero engine is the biggest problem, but admit that? no way

Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Just wondering when bioware will admit that none of the steps to fix the crashing issue other then fixing there buggy code. As we all have tried the steps above and get no improvement yet since 1.4 are pc still run great playing all other games in the industry but one that swtor. That's usually a key sign some one messed up there code.