Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no dueling area on the fleet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Still no dueling area on the fleet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malkavier
10.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #21
The latency wouldn't be quite as bad if the Fleet split off into more instances than it currently does. It's "really" slow at creating a new Fleet instance. I've had the loading time into Fleet take about 5 minutes before just to load in to a new instance that had 5 people. It shouldn't wait until 250 IMHO.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Apaolo
10.10.2012 , 10:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
The latency wouldn't be quite as bad if the Fleet split off into more instances than it currently does. It's "really" slow at creating a new Fleet instance. I've had the loading time into Fleet take about 5 minutes before just to load in to a new instance that had 5 people. It shouldn't wait until 250 IMHO.
Depends if the Fleets share the same shard or not, which I believe they do. I'm not opposed to some dueling area, but it needs to be done off the Fleet. I'd much rather have an option to shuttle to X place, with an easy method of getting back to the fleet. With the current issues this game has had with development, I don't have any faith they could do it right, without waiting for 4-5 "patch fixes" to fix all the broken stuff by implementing it.

DarthSabreth
10.10.2012 , 11:33 AM | #23
Meh, I am a pvper, im geared, i spend most of my play time pvping, the guild I am in pvps all the time / encourages world pvp events. With that said I feel that there would be some draw backs and ill list them below:

1. you will always have that one bafoon like in wow that will just go around and constantly spam duel challanges and in the end you are so feed up you will throw him / her on ignore.

2. the lag on fleet could be an issue / an issue for some.

3. all of the extra effects from fighting will cause lag for some or most.

the only way to fix the above listed is to make an instanced zone in fleet that players can go into to just duel there. but i highly doubt BW will spend the cash to add that when players can just go to Illium and pvp there.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Mancer
10.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
but i highly doubt BW will spend the cash to add that when players can just go to Illium and pvp there.
Especially since BW is looking to re-hash Ilum and we already have a swift travel* to it.

* not so swift and mainly used in daily events.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

UGLYMRJ
10.10.2012 , 11:47 AM | #25
As much as I would love to see a dueling area on fleet... Dromund Kaas spaceport isn't the worst option and there are things I'd like to see take a higher priority than this.

Would be nice to have a very quick loading instance from fleet though... like I said before. Preferably something sith spectators and even a tournament tree being implemented would be cool. Load 16 player ops group into dueling area for tourney... duels happen one at a time and other 14 players spectate.

A small square room just about the size of a dueling area so it's easy to recognize the boundaries, some pillars or objects for LOS. Something very simple.

Glower
10.10.2012 , 05:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.
You just repeated old info - from spring or summer, I do not remember exactly date. Very sad...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

EGNbusa
10.10.2012 , 06:41 PM | #27
Just make it over there by the training dummies, the big center area, put one gtn kiosk over there, pvp vendors and terminal. Nothing has to be changed in that area, just add what i said and its ready to go, it will free some of the lag up on the fleet, that where most of us pvper's would hang anyways, and the pve guys could stay on the fleet and do their thing.

CommanderKeeva
10.10.2012 , 11:55 PM | #28
We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.
That's what you get for blowing your money on voices instead of creating a reliable, optimized, easily modifiable game engine...

That said you could create an arena somewhere and add a travel option to the fleet....
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

RyanReagan
10.11.2012 , 10:35 AM | #29
Speaking of baffoons. Do people even read posts or just reply with "qq lag" over and over?

It won't cause lag if it isn't the whole fleet that is marked. They can mark just a specific area to be a dueling area. And make that specific area not where the rest of you dumbies hang out. (i.e. the VIP area, where no one hangs out).

Or put PvP terminals and PvP vendors on planets.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>

jugheadz
10.11.2012 , 01:21 PM | #30
Put it in the VIP area so people have a reason to go up there.