Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

Master-Nala
01.15.2013 , 11:35 AM | #51
My Light Side Warrior basically took the position, "Oh Quinn betrayed me. What took you so long buddy? You think I didn't know Darth Fatty planted you on my ship?" "Now get back to work! Grown folks have business to attend to."

I wish I could bust him down in rank and promote Peirce over him though. That would have been true justice.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

johnhughthom
01.15.2013 , 02:53 PM | #52
Would have been even more amusing to bust him down in rank, then send him back to that Moff he's always wittering on about.

bright_ephemera
01.17.2013 , 08:52 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
Really? Didn't really make much difference then, I don't even remember fighting him, must have gone down pretty quickly.l
He was a regular strength mob. He deployed a repair probe on one droid, which is what prompted me to roflstomp him first. I might draw it out longer next time, because apparently that is my one chance to deal him any punishment.

The Jaesa thing drives me nuts - I guess you can pick up that he's fanatically devoted to his Empire? Is that really the best detail you can find? Or something? I don't even know.

I have a sudden desire to dress him up in the most ridiculous outfit possible for the next Warrior I bring out that way. Maybe a Willpower skirt.

I've played a game where when a companion turns on you (and potentially takes other companions with him), and if you stripped him first he will actually say "Thought you could weaken us before getting rid of us, eh? Too bad. I brought gear." And they'll fight you with appropriate at-level-gear stats. I thought that was an awesome touch. Like no, I'm not going to forget to bring pants to the battlefield just because you stole mine.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

MediumD
01.18.2013 , 12:22 PM | #54
That's probably Neverwinter Nights 2.

MediumD
01.18.2013 , 12:29 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBabyEater View Post
I've killed ppl for looking at me wrong and here comes a guy that betray me and I can't kill him? TBH even if he was my one and only healer I would have killed him!
I played a LS SW...and I would've killed him.

If I wrote the SW story, I would've had a replacement healer available at Fleet. Just a generic, randomized imperial officer, like those in the various planet quests in the grey uniforms and snappy hats. Same stats just bland with no personality and no dialogue.

MNWolf
01.18.2013 , 03:42 PM | #56
Personally, I think you should have the option to kill him.

The main argument against this is that it leaves you without a healer, which lots of people would regret down the line. I'd propose this solution then:

If the SW kills Quinn, give the SW a healing droid - either the ship droid souped up, or more likely just some new droid. No voiceover needed beyond "beep beep ba-doop" or whatever the generic droid sounds are. The details of the droid's look are up for debate (I personally envision it as one of those Imperial medical droids that's the standard vendor), and the details of how you get it are up for debate. I think it would make sense for higher-up in the Empire, like those Emperor's Hands guys, to compensate you for Quinn's betrayal by gifting it to you, but again, the details are up for discussions.

My two cents. Wanted to kill that SOB pretty badly.

EDIT: MediumD beat me to it! I agree with what she said - droid or officer, either way a generic would be better than keeping MQ. We even get to feel a bit like Vader this way, issue sudden fatal demotions.

Hell, I like this! We could randomly choke our Rent-An-Officer for not healing fast enough and promote one of his poor red-shirted companions.

bright_ephemera
01.18.2013 , 03:48 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
That's probably Neverwinter Nights 2.
That's the one. Companion betrayal done well...and with actual discernible reasons...and with meaningful consequences.

Quote: Originally Posted by MNWolf View Post
If the SW kills Quinn, give the SW a healing droid - either the ship droid souped up, or more likely just some new droid.

<snip>

EDIT: MediumD beat me to it! I agree with what she said - droid or officer, either way a generic would be better than keeping MQ. We even get to feel a bit like Vader this way, issue sudden fatal demotions.

Hell, I like this! We could randomly choke our Rent-An-Officer for not healing fast enough and promote one of his poor red-shirted companions.
A droid, or...we Warriors were just talking to a healer lady on Voss. Six hours later we're stepping off planet and dealing with Quinn...would it be that hard to go back and press her into service?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

phantomraccoon
01.19.2013 , 01:12 PM | #58
cant the droid heal?..so kill quinn no biggie

MNWolf
01.20.2013 , 11:01 AM | #59
He can heal, but from what I hear (I haven't really used him) it's not as good as Quinn.

Plus, if they were ever to introduce a "kill Quinn" mechanic into the game, I imagine they'd open it up for one companion in each class. Some of those are DPS and tanks, so introducing a random officer or droid to pick up the dead companion's slack would make more sense than just assuming the players will always use the ship droid.

bright_ephemera
01.20.2013 , 12:10 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by MNWolf View Post
He can heal, but from what I hear (I haven't really used him) it's not as good as Quinn.
This is true. The ship droids cannot use weapons, and so miss out on a chunk of stats. This also means they run into melee to throw punches in between heals. They were not made to be as capable as a full companion.

I've still found mine adequate for soloing with my Marauder, but I haven't tried challenging content with it.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!