Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
12.06.2012 , 12:46 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mawduce View Post
not that Vette couldnt have been turned into a healer after that if one wanted. she is a smuggler after all.
Not really. She is a Vette. If you look at the tooltip when hovering your mouse over her, her class designation is Vette.

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
12.06.2012 , 09:55 AM | #32
double posted

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
12.06.2012 , 09:57 AM | #33
It was changed in beta because Dark Side players were COMPLETELY penalized on almost everything and Light Side players weren't. Consequences for your actions are great, but it wasn't what the masses [9/10 who no longer play the game] said they wanted.

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
12.06.2012 , 10:55 AM | #34
To be honest I'm glad the way it worked out with Quinn. Even if presented with a choice to kill him I would prefer just kicking his scrawny *** and moving on rather than killing him (I also never tell the crew what he did either, I agreed that it would undermine his 'authority' as captain). He only betrays you because he's under the impression that Baras is more powerful than you. Baras is vying for a council position (and voice of the Emperor) and you're just his apprentice. He doesn't want to be on the 'losing side' again and get stranded on some god forsaken planet like before. So from an RP standpoint it made sense to me.

As other's stated it wasn't much of a shocker that he betrays you anyway. Forced on you by Baras, whom you knew had the 'goods' on Quinn. End of act I Quinn asks "what's next" and I always tell him my main intention is to take out Baras and assume his position etc. I always tell Quinn that, even the first time through, hoping that he would run back to the holo when no one was around and tell Baras what I just said. hehehe trollololololo.

Mawduce's Avatar


Mawduce
12.06.2012 , 02:23 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Not really. She is a Vette. If you look at the tooltip when hovering your mouse over her, her class designation is Vette.
the Vette class is a super class, no excuses!
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I read that for a time in the beta there were options to permanently dismiss/kill companions. They took this out of the game because people cried about being short a companion later on because of this.
I would have liked to kill him... I find it really annoying that this game is super static as no matter what you say/do, the outcome is always the same.

Of course... it's annoying that it would have to be the main character you needed as a marauder since healing companion > all.

I think an easy fix would have been to introduce another character into your storyline that was also a med user and, depending if you killed Quinn or not, ended up joining you and replacing him.

Or a really cool fix would have been to let you have Jaessa convert from Assassin to sorc healer. You already have a companion like that:
Spoiler

Let Jaessa do the exact same abilities as Quinn does, just with different animations. I would have really loved this because then it would let me keep my healer out, would let me kill Quinn for being a traitor, and let me quest with Jaesa who's supposed to be the main companion for the Sith Warrior since she's the whole build up in Act 1.

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
12.06.2012 , 03:10 PM | #37
Actually that's an awesome idea, changing AC of companions. Only if it was to the 'other' AC to their main class they were based on though. I would probably change Vette to a scoundrel instead of using her as a gunslinger. Yeah Jaesa would make a good Sorc, Pierce could go Merc heals. That would be quite the interesting feature if it ever happened.

Mawduce's Avatar


Mawduce
12.06.2012 , 04:20 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
I would have liked to kill him... I find it really annoying that this game is super static as no matter what you say/do, the outcome is always the same.

Of course... it's annoying that it would have to be the main character you needed as a marauder since healing companion > all.

I think an easy fix would have been to introduce another character into your storyline that was also a med user and, depending if you killed Quinn or not, ended up joining you and replacing him.

Or a really cool fix would have been to let you have Jaessa convert from Assassin to sorc healer. You already have a companion like that:
Spoiler

Let Jaessa do the exact same abilities as Quinn does, just with different animations. I would have really loved this because then it would let me keep my healer out, would let me kill Quinn for being a traitor, and let me quest with Jaesa who's supposed to be the main companion for the Sith Warrior since she's the whole build up in Act 1.
thats the same as letting vette heal, but i totally agree
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Sane's Avatar


Sane
12.31.2012 , 06:43 PM | #39
Finally finished my Juggernaut story.. and like many, I too am wondering why I couldn't finish Quinn off.

My Sith so fiercely hated Baras that when Quinn does the betrayal, she would have had her blood boiling. She wouldn't have taken a second to think that Quinn didn't make the droids a challenge purposely. In fact, I highly doubt that she would let him say another word.

This was my only gripe with the Warrior story, and it's pretty big. Outside of that, this was the story I've enjoyed the most.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.01.2013 , 01:33 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by shava View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=100

He might have a good reason. It might not be exactly what you think. Sometimes I think the bioware writers are more clever than we give them credit for, but there isn't a way for them to do a lot of explication in the game. Did they end up leaving something out here?
I like that! It makes me see it from a different angle than the one they (BW) seems to put it.

Spoiler