Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior
So Quinn $#%%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

Lord_Karsk
10.08.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1
Me trying to kill me and I CANT KILL HIM !!! aaaaaarg i was so mad, alredy hate the guy.
And bioware removed the option to kill companions is just patetic !!!!

First of all a real Sith would kill him no matter what unless he was needed for just a little while then kill him later.
But bioware hand helding so a few moron players wont complain later about no longer having a healer,so
we cant kill our companion.I cant play my warrior after this, seeing that backstabbing bastard standing on my bridge like the /%&#/(%&% he is makes me so mad.

This is why bioware is clueless on starwars.No feeling that anything matters at all.
RAAAAGE

shava
10.09.2012 , 03:30 AM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=100

He might have a good reason. It might not be exactly what you think. Sometimes I think the bioware writers are more clever than we give them credit for, but there isn't a way for them to do a lot of explication in the game. Did they end up leaving something out here?
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Grondar
10.09.2012 , 09:48 AM | #3
This shows to me one of the few things this game did do right, the immersion in the story is awesome.
What an incredible moment this was.

First reaction was shock..no Quinn, buddy, why..we were partners in crime.
Second reaction rage..just utter infernal rage..as you knew Quinn was about to take a saber throw in the gonads.
Then a pondering stage..hmm..my crafting is about to take a hit as Quinn goes head first out the nearest airlock..do I need to continue to suffer for his betrayal..
Back to rage..you messed with the wrong Sith.
And then disappointment as we had to hug and make up.

The sith warrior storyline is so good. And yes, I would have killed him as well.

sumuser
10.09.2012 , 07:46 PM | #4
if you got that upset about it, the story tellers got it right

I thought that was the best story twist to date! Much better than the boring BH storyline I did first. I don't think you should be able to kill him though, as once the nerd rage dies down you might really regret not having a healer... especially if you're a jugg tank. I though just beating the crap out of him and liberal doses of my sith social ability (punish or whatever) was sufficient.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

Projawa
10.10.2012 , 02:56 PM | #5
Not a huge surprise that Quinn turns on you, his first loyalty is to the Empire and specifically Baras, not you. Baras suggested he join your crew so he could keep an eye on you and plot against you if needed.

I get why BW didn't let us kill him, but they should have let us put a shock collar on him. Instead he basically gets a slap on the wrist. This is the only real lame part in an otherwise great class story.

Oggthebase
10.10.2012 , 03:22 PM | #6
Spoiler

I confess I did not see this twist coming and was surprised. But thinking about it, it was predictable, from a sith point of view. It was one of the highlights of the sith warrior story, a great piece of scenario done right.

Cloakofsin
10.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by shava View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=100

He might have a good reason. It might not be exactly what you think. Sometimes I think the bioware writers are more clever than we give them credit for, but there isn't a way for them to do a lot of explication in the game. Did they end up leaving something out here?

Wow! I loved your thinking on how Quinn would do this, it also makes perfect sense. It seemed way too odd that Quinn would betray you, even more after all that you do for him. I remember when that battle started I destroyed the droids and him very easily. So easily in fact I was more angry his betrayal wasn't more of a challenge. The way you put it makes perfect sense, it gives me a renewed respect for Quinn as I believe from leaving Belmorra to leaving Voss he is one of the most loyalist companions you have.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life, is when men are afraid of the Light.
-Plato:

Daxy
10.27.2012 , 04:29 PM | #8
re-roll with a sith pureblood
strip quinn down to his skivvies
travel to fleet
slap his *** with the racial constantly and throw in some /e emotes

Darkfalconheart
10.28.2012 , 10:47 AM | #9
Am I the only one who saw that coming from a mile away?

Baras practically pushed the man at you.
Baras makes a point to say that Quinn does not owe him anything anymore WHERE YOU CAN HEAR IT!!

At this point I had my hints.

Baras is your Master. Every Sith Student will turn on his Master eventually.
Baras plans ahead and places someone good, trustworthy in your crew. Someone you'll like.

My Sith saw it coming and knew Quinn had little choice. He was trapped between Master and Student. Very nasty place to be. So my Sith respected Quinn's guts for even trying - and forgave him after. Why? To spite Baras first and foremost. He loses a good man, he fails at killing the studen. And when my Sith kills Baras, Quinn will be right beside her.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and go. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

Kogaion
11.03.2012 , 12:08 PM | #10
i was so disappointed when i saw i couldn't kill Quinn...that's a big mistake on the writers..no one can denie that a real sith wouldn't force choke bastard Quinn...
all you guys trying to find some kind of explanation on why you forgive him ...you know how a simple solution would 've been ? ....Kill Quinn ( you will not have a healer companion)
Don't kill Quinn
and that's it ..the choice would've been on the player..and i would've killed him in pain as a real sith would've done
why do bioware did that twist and took out the player's chioce ? ...it was so useless ..and it really ruined the warrior story..because we're talking about story here not practical use ...and no ..i'm a dps jugg and i didn't use Quinn since i got Jaessa ..and no real tank jugg uses a healer he uses a dps comp. ...etc....i have no need of Quinn and still ..it's hard to get past that fail
...and never forget "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" (Clarke's third Law)...