Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Sweetiepies
10.08.2012 , 02:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Media advertised these sets to be available for certain classes. They're not available. That's what this is about. They exist in the game, though, but are not available. It look like devs aren't making them available to player because they want to sell already existing sets in the cash shop. Not fair imo.
Fair? No. But you're telling me you DIDN'T smell this coming a mile away when whispers of "cash shop" started floating around? One of the few things that people WILL buy. Boosts? Maybe. Sweet Jedi armor?. You bet.

Alec_Fortescue
10.08.2012 , 02:48 PM | #22
Those ads came out when I wouldn't even dare thinking of the cash shop. They should be available on the release and if not, then they shoudl be added in the patches within few weeks/months.Not to be suddenly held from giving them to players or removed from the game (they were available in pre-release builds!) in order to keep them store for several long months so they can hit the Cash Shop.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

DarkDisturbed
10.08.2012 , 02:56 PM | #23
Which makes them different armor pieces.
Not really. Wear the Jedi Battlelord's headpiece, it forces the hood down. There, it isn't a separate armor piece?

Alec_Fortescue
10.08.2012 , 02:59 PM | #24
It completely removes the hood, turning the robe into a trenchoat. Not to mention that you are forced to look like Cyclops from X-Men. What is the problem in adding a Jedi Battlelord hood down variant, like in the videos?

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Sweetiepies
10.08.2012 , 03:01 PM | #25
Those ads came out when I wouldn't even dare thinking of the cash shop. They should be available on the release and if not, then they shoudl be added in the patches within few weeks/months.Not to be suddenly held from giving them to players or removed from the game (they were available in pre-release builds!) in order to keep them store for several long months so they can hit the Cash Shop.
The second they smelled the drop, they had to have held back. I would bet there were crafting patches planned that would have included some of these things, via recipes but they held them, realizing they could sell it.

I'm not saying its right.

I also can't lie and claim I wouldn't have done the same thing were it my job.

Foxinator
10.08.2012 , 03:20 PM | #26
Thank you very much for making this! I was OP of the thread that you said you would make this in, I honestly didn't think you would pull it off. Great job! I hope these get put in especially that sweet jedi knight armor which isn't in the game for some reason...

Alec_Fortescue
10.08.2012 , 03:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxinator View Post
Thank you very much for making this! I was OP of the thread that you said you would make this, I honestly didn't think you would pull it off. Great job! I hope these get put in especially that sweet jedi knight armor which isn't in the game for some reason...
<3 I spent 2000 hours in The Old Republic and I cannot get used to it, man. Republic Fleet is full of monks -_- I played 3 Imperial clases so far and about to play Agent. So far I am happy with the gear and all. Juggernaut looks great and has a range of hood up and hood down looks. I love this class, it's playstyle and really fun DPSing. I really wanted to mirror that with a Jedi guardian right after I finished my SW storyline but I just couldn't look at my character covered by hood for the whole time. By the way, feel to contribute any pictures and all you find. Because I didn't play all the classes my knowledge of gear sets for any other classes than Kngiht/Warrior is rather limited.

Blackavaar
10.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Not really. Wear the Jedi Battlelord's headpiece, it forces the hood down. There, it isn't a separate armor piece?
Not really, because when a head piece removes the hood it does exactly that, it removes it. The hood does not appear in the down position, as it does on the piece with the hood down.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Andryah
10.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #29
Republic Fleet is full of monks
Lack of creative adventure then IMO. I have never clothed any of my Republic characters monkish. There are plenty of choices in moddable armor to avoid this on both sides of the game. Just like my Sorc is dressed in pants not a silly skirt as well.

TL;DR there are ways to dress almost identical to the many clips in the OP. You just need to work at it a bit instead of asking for handouts in armor sets. Player selection and design of outfits is a minigame in this game and should be enjoyed as such IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Thornsbane
10.08.2012 , 05:33 PM | #30
That is a really nice idea. Wouldn't mind that. However they'd have to add a good lot of low quality items because the ones available are nothing like those shown in advertisements. It would be amazing to "reinforce" the Aspiring Knight's green set you get on Tython imo.
Aspiring Knights gear is a Synth craftable orange you can make and wear onwards from level 15.