Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

GhostDrone
01.17.2013 , 07:08 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
This is already known to me. If you hit alt-f4 after character creation during opening credits and restart the game, you'll see your newly created level 1 character wearing this armor on the character creation screen, too. :/ Means this is already player-wearable item, just hidden away.
Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

The thing is; it's more than likely the same with the other character creation armors. Look where the Warrior, Agent and Smuggler character creation armors went...

Just horrible.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Alec_Fortescue
01.17.2013 , 07:29 AM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

The thing is; it's more than likely the same with the other character creation armors. Look where the Warrior, Agent and Smuggler character creation armors went...

Just horrible.
Tell me...
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

UberRod
01.17.2013 , 07:35 AM | #283
The Jedi Knight armor shown in the video was what was available during beta. All the Guardian armor looked like that. After beta the armor all changed to mostly be with hoods and robes rather than actual armor. However I don't know how much of that was upgradeable.

WeskerJunior
01.26.2013 , 02:49 AM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Sweet Cartel Coin item: Armor reinforcement. Consumable.
Reinforces a green, blue, or purple quality armor piece allowing the insertion of the appropriate mods for the item.
Bioware will be swimming in cash if they put this up.

Costello
01.26.2013 , 03:48 AM | #285
Watching the trailers almost seems to be a different game.

There seems to be a much darker more war like atmoshere with far more to do with the galactic civil war. The music really adds to the Star Wars Impression where as when you get in game it seems to have taken a step back. The impressive combat is gone and its far more about choping at unresponsive opponents, a lack of depth to the story or feel of the game and none of the options both outfit or gameplay wise that we see in the trailers. No knocking Jedi off walk ways or massive of troops on the eve of battle.

It seems BW knew what people wanted when making the trailers but then missed it in the game.

AshlaBoga
02.01.2013 , 06:29 PM | #286
Quote:
Developer Walkthrough: Tattooine:
Failed to find this piece in the game.
That's because there is no hood up version in the game
Hood down? Yes, the Inheritance/Renowned Robe.

Hood up? It ain't there

Hood up please. Pretty pretty please?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

spencer_
02.01.2013 , 07:46 PM | #287
They really should just get on that hood toggle feature. That would fix a good amount of the issue here.

Flying-Brian
02.01.2013 , 08:11 PM | #288
For the one that was shown that I've wanted the most.

Trooper progression video, pause at 1:33.

The green/brown camo armor shown there is nowhere to be found in the game.
The helmet shown is not available to players at all (1 of the items removed from beta), and can only be found on NPC's.

As for the armor itself, it's what I've wanted for my trooper since I 1st saw that video.

What's available to use in game, the TD-17A Colossus set. Which is white and orange, not camo.

jedi_newb
02.04.2013 , 05:17 PM | #289
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I made a Guardian when I saw this trailer back in JUNE of last year because I saw this and thought it was absolutely awesome. Check out the Guardian armor at 0:40 seconds. What the hell are you waiting for Bioware? This June? You're halfway there, you might as well wait a full year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puEm_arBSWE

Kinda stupid. I literally got a guardian all the way to 50 and have been sitting waiting for months now. Obviously didn't level a toon just for one piece of gear, but I thought that if that's the direction the armor models were going, I'd get ahead of the curve.

Can you please explain why these armor models aren't in game, or at least what your art design process is, so we can understand why these things don't arrive in-game?

DarkFireShadow
03.14.2013 , 07:13 AM | #290
As you can see at 1:13 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREIq...8D256FAB540777 that armor is now purchasable on the CM I think we will see alot more of these going into the CM in the near future.