Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Foxinator
10.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
What's STO that everyone is talking about...?
Star Trek Online.. My bro plays it and I play Swtor. STO pretty much has the same F2p model swtor is going for.

Greyshadow
10.12.2012 , 12:53 PM | #102
In any case, the point I was trying to make is, should the Dev's say it's an artwork issue, it's just not true. Every knight robe I have ever worn already has a hood down model in the game that can be observed using certain types of headgear (like the Battlelord glasses). It's just a matter of someone changing the model to use the hood down image with the Hide Helmet option, I know it can't be THAT difficult....

Currently it's: armor + headgear = appearance
Just needs to be: armor + headgear + helmet option = appearance.

I would like to see some of the other armors in game as well especially the colored up character creation set.

Trollokdamus
10.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyshadow View Post
Every knight robe I have ever worn already has a hood down model in the game that can be observed using certain types of headgear (like the Battlelord glasses).
Well, that is not exactly true. Such headgear removes the hood completely, not puts it down. Though i agree on everything else, there are lots of hooded down alternatives in-game in a form of useless green/blue low level items.

Alec_Fortescue
10.12.2012 , 02:19 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Well, that is not exactly true. Such headgear removes the hood completely, not puts it down. Though i agree on everything else, there are lots of hooded down alternatives in-game in a form of useless green/blue low level items.
Not really, there is only one (!) heavy robe with a hood down. It's blue quality and blue in colour. I had a nice comparision shot in the other thread between that hood-down piece and the other with hood up.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

PakaOno
10.12.2012 , 02:24 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
<3 I spent 2000 hours in The Old Republic and I cannot get used to it, man. Republic Fleet is full of monks -_- I played 3 Imperial clases so far and about to play Agent. So far I am happy with the gear and all. Juggernaut looks great and has a range of hood up and hood down looks. I love this class, it's playstyle and really fun DPSing. I really wanted to mirror that with a Jedi guardian right after I finished my SW storyline but I just couldn't look at my character covered by hood for the whole time. By the way, feel to contribute any pictures and all you find. Because I didn't play all the classes my knowledge of gear sets for any other classes than Kngiht/Warrior is rather limited.
I have to agree that BW failed when it comes to Republic armor sets. The Empire's armor sets look so much cooler/better is almost every case.

Pretty sad when you think about it.

Greyshadow
10.12.2012 , 03:36 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Actually that's a good point

Shepardess
10.12.2012 , 03:54 PM | #107
I usually avoid the forums, because they depress me, but this topic is one I am passionate about I would love to see more moddable sets for all classes. And I feel all your pain Jedi, as I could never get mine to look the way I wanted either. But it's not just the Jedi! My poor lil marauder just wants a hooded robe. I think they could solve a lot of issues by just making more items availiable to both factions. The dark blue Black Talon one for Jedi, and one of the neutral hooded ones for Sith.
Anyways, sorry for the jumbled thoughts, love the thread and hopefully they take notice eventually

Alec_Fortescue
10.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Shepardess View Post
I usually avoid the forums, because they depress me, but this topic is one I am passionate about I would love to see more moddable sets for all classes. And I feel all your pain Jedi, as I could never get mine to look the way I wanted either. But it's not just the Jedi! My poor lil marauder just wants a hooded robe. I think they could solve a lot of issues by just making more items availiable to both factions. The dark blue Black Talon one for Jedi, and one of the neutral hooded ones for Sith.
Anyways, sorry for the jumbled thoughts, love the thread and hopefully they take notice eventually
Hey. Any voice matters. And I am sure they noticed it ages ago - they are just preparing it all for the Cash Shop. It would be very unfair if those items made it to the Cash Shop. Tbh I really wish the Cash Shop made it already because I seriously want my dream-sets (from the trailers...) asap.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

JediNg
10.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #109
Just from that first video, the knight 'class' video, the hair option isn't there. the facial 'type' isn't there either. and some of those moves/abilities aren't there either (or changed) like that whole pull-out-the-saber-toss-it-in-air-and-grab-it-in-mid-air-and-ignite flourish.
But yes hood down jedi battlelord robes
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

Alec_Fortescue
10.13.2012 , 05:23 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by JediNg View Post
Just from that first video, the knight 'class' video, the hair option isn't there. the facial 'type' isn't there either. and some of those moves/abilities aren't there either (or changed) like that whole pull-out-the-saber-toss-it-in-air-and-grab-it-in-mid-air-and-ignite flourish.
But yes hood down jedi battlelord robes
I am more annoyed about the armor than abilities/moves. Didn't even pay attention to that.