Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

afraid to try spaceship missions!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
afraid to try spaceship missions!

Darkfalconheart
10.09.2012 , 04:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hekati View Post
I've been playing the storyline and land-based quests with several characters but have never attempted the ones that involve my spaceships because, as I found out in KOTOR I and II, I am apparently tragically inept at these. Seriously--my husband had to finish the ones in KOTOR I or I never would have gotten anywhere...I got a little better in KOTOR II but really, my kid is better at these than I am. I seem to have terrible hand-eye coordination and can't lead a shot to save my (toon's) life. (Ironically, IRL, I can actually shoot a shotgun very well. Go figure.)

SO. I wanted to get a sense of how much the ones in SWTOR are reliant on you being able to shoot other ships out of the sky with you manning the gun, if that's all there is to it, etc. Any feedback on these missions is much appreciated! I'm a tad OCD and feel itchy ignoring them but don't want to venture forth if I'm going to be frustrated by my inability to do them.
i had the same problems in Kotor I and II - I had to get my 10yr old cousin to help me out because I was unable to make the Taris escape. Now, I have tried the space missions here and found them much better. The mouse-reliant control goes with my natural move responses and the early missions are fairly easy, IMHO.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and go. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

Hekati
10.09.2012 , 03:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
i had the same problems in Kotor I and II - I had to get my 10yr old cousin to help me out because I was unable to make the Taris escape. Now, I have tried the space missions here and found them much better. The mouse-reliant control goes with my natural move responses and the early missions are fairly easy, IMHO.
Okay, so you are basically me. That makes me feel better. I'll set give it a go. And thanks, happysister, for the mouse advice.