I've played Darkness too long ...

Letsjet

Darkness is all I've played. I'm getting fetigued on it. I wouldn't mind doing some dps but I have no idea if I have to go madness or not and what rotation can keep my arounf 1500-1600 when I get it down. Edited by Letsjet
spelling

OMG go Deception. I tried it then hated it. then got bored and tried it again. Gave it a few days and **** it powns. You have an extra defense cd and when you pop recklessness people drop like flies. Give it a try, but remember you will get destroyed the first few times, but once you get the hang of it, it rocks. If you have a good healer the other team is totally screwed.

Madness is an awesome spec. Insanely hard to play well though. As with anything having to do with assassins, the rotation is highly priority dependent. This is the one that I use to achieve 1500+ in non-optimized Black Hole gear:

If >30% HP

• Death Field
  • Crushing Darkness (on proc)
  • Creeping Terror (refresh the DoT, or >10m distance)
  • Discharge (refresh the DoT)
  • Shock (refresh Unearthed Knowledge; if >50 force)
  • Maul (ONLY on proc)
  • Thrash
  • Saber Strike (if < 30 force)

If <30% HP

• Death Field
  • Crushing Darkness (on proc)
  • Discharge (refresh the DoT)
  • Assassinate
  • Creeping Terror (refresh the DoT, or >10m distance)
  • Shock (refresh Unearthed Knowledge; if >50 force)
  • Maul (ONLY on proc)
  • Saber Strike (if < 30 force)

Use Overcharge Saber on cooldown. Recklessness should be used prior to Death Field and Shock, and thus needs to be timed with the proc refresh from that ability (hard to do in practice, but yields a measurable DPS improvement).

There are a lot of people who say you should drop Shock entirely. I'm not one of them. It *does* lead to some force management issues, but this is less of a problem once you have better gear (DoTs crit more often). Overall, Unearthed Knowledge does make a measurable improvement in your DPS, and so it's worth going that route if you have the skill to sustain it.

Anyway, as you can see from the above, madness is pretty complicated. :-) Have fun!

Well crap, I can tank just fine with Darkness, it just wears me out. Seems like it will be the same ways with madness huh? I know you were talking Deception pvp, but I don't pvp so much. He's already got a full set of Supreme Inquisitor's Clothes, I guess he'll just keep farming more and wait for a few patches over the next year.

Well crap, I can tank just fine with Darkness, it just wears me out. Seems like it will be the same ways with madness huh? I know you were talking Deception pvp, but I don't pvp so much. He's already got a full set of Supreme Inquisitor's Clothes, I guess he'll just keep farming more and wait for a few patches over the next year.

If your bored of Darkness no use boring yourself out even more go Deception you will enjoy it. Its good in PvE too.