Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login Service Unavailable?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HeadInTheStars
10.08.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1
Tried to launch the game from the Origin client, but when prompted to login to my Old Republic account it says the login service is unavailable... The maintenance isn't til tomorrow so what's preventing me from playing?

Hawath
10.08.2012 , 07:53 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello HeadInTheStars,

Please check our troubleshoot guide for this specific issue.

If this doesn't allow you to get back into the game, please try to untick the "Remember Me" box on our launcher, and reset your password. Then close the application and launch Star Wars: The Old Republic again.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Hawath | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MandalortheRich
10.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #3
I have exactly that same problem and been dealing with Tech. service trying to figure out what wrong with it for 4 days. Long story short its not fixed and they are going to look into to it because they don't know whats wrong with it... at least for my situation, though it might be different with you. But my advice to you is to keeping call and let them troubleshoot with you until they run out of options and then hopefully if a lot of reports of this problem come in then they can narrow down the possibilities and get this situation fixed quickly.

Skylerr
10.08.2012 , 05:26 PM | #4
I think there must be a node out causing problems for some folks. I suspect that the people having this issue are probably in the same region (and/or their ISP is routing through the same bad node). It gets complicated because there is a veritable orgy of responsible parties in charge of the nodes.

They should have you try a tracert or pathping to the login servers to identify where the traffic is getting held up. The reality is, though, that by the time they isolate the bad node and determine who it is they need to contact it is usually already in the process of being fixed (if it isn't already). Most tech support puts their customers in a holding pattern with these issues because they tend to resolve themselves in a timely fashion (not always, but usually they do).
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Cerimon
10.08.2012 , 05:35 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MandalortheRich,

Please ensure your date and timezone settings are set correctly on your swtor.com acount and on your computer, as having these set incorrectly can cause this error message. If the issue persists, running the Fixlauncher utility from your game installation folder has also been known to resolve this issue for a number of users. If the issue is still present please use the following link to reset your password. You should then be able to login without a problem.

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aluvi
10.08.2012 , 07:46 PM | #6
Yo, if you're like me, disable PeerBlock
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> POT5
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw