Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, this is bad - read capitals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, this is bad - read capitals

Thuperdan
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsella View Post
If they let everyone in at the same time, the gameplay would be horrid. Server crashes, extensive lag etc.... I am still waiting for my invite, and stayed up till 4am pst to see if I would get in this morning; and as much as I want to play I am still glad they are doing waves. People need to take a step back, and realize that BioWare is doing this to make sure we have at log in the best possible play experience.
Horrid, perhaps - Even/Fair, Definately.

Ashtur
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #42
Wow. Simply amazing the sense of aaaugh that's already struck.

I stand with the sane majority, we'll get in when we get in. The whole "wave" thing has been known for quite awhile, and it does make sense as they monitor their hardware to be sure that everything goes shipshape.

I redeemed my code in late September, so I doubt I'll hear anything from them till tomorrow at the earliest. C'est la vie.

Thuperdan
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
No, a few hundred impatient people, who can't control their emotions are upset. A bunch of qq threads on a forum are not the player base.
Clearly - umad ubad?

Snuffelz
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #44
OP everyone with the ability to read understood that it was going to be a staggered start. Stop trolling forums with ridiculous demands when you knew full and well what was going on. I knew about the staggered start back in July and it turned me off to the pre-order. Once I got my hands on the beta it convinced me to pre-order and now I have to wait a few days for my hesitation.

However, what I do know is that the way Bioware is pushing this launch, people are not going to have as many issues as some other piss poor MMO launches that I've been a part of. It's like a roller coaster that seats 100 people but there are a million people in line. I'd rather have groups of 100 have their chance to get on the ride rather than have all million try to get on the ride at the same time, break the machine, and then everyone is pissed.

But again, it's like... my opinion, man.

DSPD
12.13.2011 , 12:34 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuperdan View Post
I of course plan to pay regardless
This is why they dont care. Hurt their wallet and they will care.

Rammur
12.13.2011 , 12:34 PM | #46
They proved they could push a hell of alot more people in the game during their stress test the amount of people and servers in the game are not even a quarter of that its lame i know bioware could do better they have proven they could thats the whole point of a STRESS beta am i wrong?lol either way we will all be in patience is a virtue i just feel bioware teasing us and thats not cool i know they can do alot better buts its only 6 hours since first wave so never know.

Jedi_Wannabe
12.13.2011 , 12:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuperdan View Post
Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.
As part of the player base, I can say that I am not upset. I'll get in when I get in.
⋖I≡≡≡≡≡≡I(■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■▸

Daemonaz
12.13.2011 , 12:34 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MaskedPlatypus View Post
Well the original date for early access was dec 15 I believe. Also what's the point of these waves? I know server stability etc, but if the servers are not ready for millions of players, what's the point. I thought the last beta tests were " stress tests ". Apparently early access is also a stress test.
The real reason is to avoid launching with way too many servers that all turn into ghost towns in a few months when people quit. It's a very smart move. By allowing people staggered access you can better guestimate the amount of servers needed, ease people onto them. What do you rather have? Wait a day or two and end up on a healthy server or start now sit in a 4 hour queue (or 11 hours in case of Aion launch) play with insane lag and end up with a server that's half empty 2 months from now. I rather wait 2 days.

Averran
12.13.2011 , 12:35 PM | #49
Hello everyone,

We know you all have a lot to say about invites, early access and when waves are coming. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic as it has relevant official information, we will be closing this one.