Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware, this is bad - read capitals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, this is bad - read capitals

Ragnab's Avatar


Ragnab
12.13.2011 , 12:28 PM | #21
Please dont pretend to be the voice of the community so that you can QQ
Jedi Consular - Sage, with Force Powers and s--t!
Jedi Knight - Sentinel, double the glowstick for double the rave!

HolySchmoley's Avatar


HolySchmoley
12.13.2011 , 12:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DimindRV View Post
Totally agree with OP. Will be nice to log on a PvP server, where lots of palyers have been given a HUGE advantage. 1 day with undisrupted lvl'ing, now they are ready to gank the new arrivals. **** you BW for this fail aproach. What a epic fail....
Exactly why I rolled on my first ever PvE server in all the mmo's I have played. I knew this would be a issue that I wasn't going to deal with.

Good luck to all those people who get in on the last 1 or 2 days. I can imagine how much your going to hate this game off the start.
Dear Bioware, Your Subscription Payment is now in Que
Thank You for your Patience.

HollowVamp's Avatar


HollowVamp
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemonaz View Post
Which part of "you MAY get to play UP TO 5 days" didn't you understand? We are still on day 7 even!
didnt say just "may" when i signed up -.-
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT

MaskedPlatypus's Avatar


MaskedPlatypus
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemonaz View Post
Which part of "you MAY get to play UP TO 5 days" didn't you understand? We are still on day 7 even!
Well the original date for early access was dec 15 I believe. Also what's the point of these waves? I know server stability etc, but if the servers are not ready for millions of players, what's the point. I thought the last beta tests were " stress tests ". Apparently early access is also a stress test.

lasmith's Avatar


lasmith
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuperdan View Post
Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.
WAAHHHHHHH! (pat. pend. 2011)
Squadron 367 and 11/26/11 and 12/2/11
PROUD BASIC EDITION CLUB MEMBER

Getting too old for this, I am.

Tmanarl's Avatar


Tmanarl
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #26
OP had the chance to preorder on the 21st of July also. I did, why didn't you?
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 55 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 55 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 55 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 55 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 55 Sith Marauder | Calvaria: 23 Sith Assassin

Nakraka's Avatar


Nakraka
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DimindRV View Post
Totally agree with OP. Will be nice to log on a PvP server, where lots of palyers have been given a HUGE advantage. 1 day with undisrupted lvl'ing, now they are ready to gank the new arrivals. **** you BW for this fail aproach. What a epic fail....
. if you want to roll on a pvp server, don't cry about getting ganked.
ЖЖЖЖ██████████████████████████████

Pestwulf's Avatar


Pestwulf
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #28
You have no conception of hardware and bandwidth limitations I see.

Do you seriously think that suddenly allowing 1 million people to log on at the same time and to all come into the same starting zones is going to work?

I want in badly as well, but trying to put the blame on them for making an actually Intelligent implementation decision in a genre that is packed with launch failure after launch failure....that's just silly.

They are doing the right thing, as much as I hate that I'm likely going to be four days or more before I can play....It's still the right decision.

Pineapplemang's Avatar


Pineapplemang
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuperdan View Post
Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.
Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.
I wish: That Bioware would bend over backwards to appease my giant feeling of self entitlement.

Thuperdan's Avatar


Thuperdan
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeborn View Post
Most of all who are complaining are from one group.

They waited too long to preorder even though they knew they would be getting early access late.

Personally I wish Bioware would determine by complaining whether a poster gets early access or not. If you start a QQing thread, you get Early Access on the 19th.
Personally I wish I could meet you face to face. But hey, you don't get what you want, I don't get what I want. Consider yourself lucky kid. But hey, stick to your PvE server so you can be coddled by the NPCs and wave as your enemy walks by. I myself will be on a PvP server hunting down all the failures from these two companies - Even at a level disadvantage the evident common sense factor should turn the tables in my favor.