Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call for Developer Explanation on Class Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Call for Developer Explanation on Class Balance

Sowwy
10.10.2012 , 07:35 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
News flash, you aren't entitled to an explanation about anything. Have some personal responsibility and learn to adapt or play something else.

lol, you are a dork. Go take right-wing *** back to the woods and pick berries for the rest of your life or something.

Sock_Bramson
10.10.2012 , 07:41 AM | #32
Wait, what? I think you're mixing up your political stereotypes. It's supposed to be the far-left that picks berries in the woods. (stereotypes are often wrong, btw) I think people from all walks of life can agree that personal responsibility is a good thing. As it applies to this game, well... I don't really care about that. I just like to pvp and troll the forums while I, erm, take care of my morning constitutional.

That's right: you all entertain me while I make stool. Thank you for that.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Malkavier
10.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #33
See, you guys crying about Smash. You do realize, that as of 1.4 with all of the changes, they actually introduced two nasty bugs.

1) Smash will randomly hit 0-5 targets, when it should be hitting all of those that are in range. Sometimes, it will hit no targets at all, even if they are all piled up within 1m of each other.

2) Smash will hit, display the flytext numbers and everything....but remove zero health from the targets. You got that right, it does no damage even when it claims to do so.

If you had bothered reading the Jugg forums, you would see the thread about this instead of making yet another Smash Jugg QQ thread.

I play Annhilation spec. In before, BUT UR A MARA, KEKEKEKE!
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Kurvv
10.10.2012 , 10:22 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
I have a theory.

It goes along the lines of some dev asking his 12 year old son what needed to be changed.

That or some kind of game of chance, possibly involving alcohol.
Game of chance you say?

http://i.imgur.com/0VVxU.jpg
My preferred method of cc is death

MagnitudeZero
10.10.2012 , 10:27 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post

2) Smash will hit, display the flytext numbers and everything....but remove zero health from the targets. You got that right, it does no damage even when it claims to do so.
The only thing more broken than that is when it actually does the damage that it claims to do.

MatticusFinch
10.10.2012 , 01:20 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
If you had bothered reading the Jugg forums, you would see the thread about this instead of making yet another Smash Jugg QQ thread.
Well your argument doesn't explain how the presence of bugs, which are unintentional, justifies the problem presented here regarding the unexplained and intentional changes to core gameplay that disrupt player balance in competitive environments when working as intended.

It would seem that you have missed the entire point of this discussion.
Prophecy of the Five - RIVAL - The McAwesome Legacy
Billiejean | Guy | Freakygirl | Yojimba
Maul-wannabe | Vader-wannabe | Jane'bond | Zombor

warultima
10.10.2012 , 11:50 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurvv View Post
Game of chance you say?

http://i.imgur.com/0VVxU.jpg
Scary as it may seem... that wheel of Bioware dev decision actually made a lot of sense.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Missandei
10.11.2012 , 02:13 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MatticusFinch View Post

I want an explanation of what the developers were thinking because there is no clearly justifiable reason for these changes. Thank you.
--
Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121009

- What role do you enjoy playing the most in the game?

- I prefer roles that allow me to exercise a lot of control over the state of the battlefield. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, I play a Defense Guardian.

--
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Siorac
10.11.2012 , 09:33 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
--
Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121009

- What role do you enjoy playing the most in the game?

- I prefer roles that allow me to exercise a lot of control over the state of the battlefield. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, I play a Defense Guardian.

--
How does that explain the buffs to FOCUS?

Kurvv
10.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Scary as it may seem... that wheel of Bioware dev decision actually made a lot of sense.
Whats scariest is that it makes more sense now than when I first made it right after 1.2 was released.
My preferred method of cc is death