Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Seethe Borked?

Mercyflush
10.07.2012 , 04:29 PM | #1
I never liked seethe to begin with. While the animation is cool with the pacing back and forth I always felt we got hosed by not being able to see the map clearly while healing yourself. The problem I have noticed after 1.4 is that now the pacing will break your seethe as a movement, I thought maybe I had a DOT on me or something but after paying attention I never had any ability applied at all. This can get really annoying if you are on uneven terrain and seethe gets broken almost as fast as you apply it.

Anyone else noticing this or has it been complained about the the devs and I just missed searching for the correct topic?
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

LadyTributary
10.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #2
I believe this is an artifact of them fixing Seethe. Previously, if you managed to seethe your way off a ledge, you would land, still seething, at the bottom of the distance completely unscathed. You could therefore use Seethe to avoid falling damage or death. So to fix it, they made it so that Seethe breaks for any movement, including pacing over uneven terrain.

CBRGhostRider
10.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #3
It's very irritating.

On my warrior, I can heal up in tight fitting hiding spots, because I don't move while healing. When I seethe on my assassin, I will bump into the adjoining wall and stop healing. Pisses me off...

THorsblood
10.08.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
This has an Easy fix too, just give us the NPC's Meditation (similar to Knights but purple and still has the Darkside red color body)
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Mercyflush
10.09.2012 , 08:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by THorsblood View Post
This has an Easy fix too, just give us the NPC's Meditation (similar to Knights but purple and still has the Darkside red color body)
I would rather have this as well, at least you can read the map while you are healing up.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Desmond_Vectom
10.10.2012 , 02:32 AM | #6
Would rather have the meditation animation as well. But IIRC, BioWare made seethe the animation it is because its the same pacing Darth Maul did in episode 1, and Inquisitors are based off of him and Sidious. I'm guessing since Sidious never showed any type of after combat recuperation, they went with Maul's. So they probably won't change it anytime soon. (Maybe a Meditate recuperation animation for dark side users through the Cartel Store? Just like Chiss and Mirialan social skills)

Mercyflush
10.10.2012 , 08:25 AM | #7
I don't mind the animation. I think it looks good. I have even got used to dealing with the map fade. I just wish they would go back to before the patch when seethe didn't break so easily.

Hooha
10.10.2012 , 06:12 PM | #8
The animation for Seethe is unneeded and it can get you killed, if you fall and land on a precarious spot it is far to easy to "seethe" right off the spot you land on and die.

This happened to me many times gathering the unusual eggs in Alderaan. I jumped down, hit seethe to heal and it walked me right off my perch and a fall to my death multiple times.

I hate the animation and I hate the pacing. Just make us stand in place and seethe.

Oh, and yes I've noticed Seethe breaking itself because of the movement of the animation. Needs to be fixed.
"I dare you! Say it one more time 2V-R8."

BlitzSS
10.10.2012 , 07:51 PM | #9
Seethe is the best recoup in the game.

If you want to meditate, like a sissy, go play the mirror. Else ****.

Please save your QQ for something important.

Mercyflush
10.11.2012 , 09:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BlitzSS View Post
Seethe is the best recoup in the game.

If you want to meditate, like a sissy, go play the mirror. Else ****.

Please save your QQ for something important.
Sounds to me like you are nothing but a troll. If you actually read the thread the complaint is that seethe breaks too easily now for no reason. So save your own QQ for something less important like WoW comments.