Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: The Prequel Trilogy Jedi and Sith Part 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: The Prequel Trilogy Jedi and Sith Part 1

DARTHOSIRUS
10.18.2012 , 07:28 AM | #41
For years I naturally assumed the old republic jedi were generally a cut above the PT jedi. The first time I played kotor my powers seemed more extreme then any force user in the PT era. However i was playing Revan not some standard run of the mill jedi. After doing more research on the matter it would seem the PT force users are generally more powerful. However i believe that there were plenty of exceptions to the rule i.e Revan, Satele, Malgus, Vitiate, Exar kun, Emperors Wrath, etc.

As for the Banite Sith, its hard to say how much they really evolved over 1000 years and if the power difference between Bane and Sideous is drastic. Bane was an absolute beast, the feats he performed in those novels were nothing short of impressive. A lot of unknown variables come into play on this. According to SW wiki there were 14 lords after bane and before Sideous. There is virtually no info whatsoever about most of the lords before Plagueis and Tenebrous.

It is possible not all them became more powerful than their predecessor. In my opinion Bane and Zannah were equals. That was a close fight which could've gone either way. Zannah happened to come out on top. She won, but she won lying on her back with broken ribs, and screaming in agony while Bane tried to possess her body. The way i see it is unless there was a Banite apprentice who utterly wiped the floor with his/her master then power difference between Bane and Sidious would not be extreme. Even if an apprentice utterly demolished his master nobody knows how the story continues. Maybe some time after there was a much weaker apprentice who killed a master in his sleep the same way Sidious did away with Plagueis. However in that case Sidious was every bit of Plagueis equal. However the way Sidious killed Plagueis proves he was at least somewhat worried about the outcome of a straight up duel with his master. By killing Plagueis in his sleep he ensures his victory 100%

With all that said I think its most likely over a millenium the baanite sith did grow in power to a degree. I think in a straight up duel between bane and Sidious would result in Sidious as the victor, but I think Bane would sure make him work for that victory. I remember last year when i first read about bane. He seemed very similar to Vader in certain ways. Both big guys who were raw force powerhouses, they could endure alot of pain, and were very physically strong, also both preferred the Djem so style of lightsaber combat. Only Bane has the lightning, and he could instantly incinerate enemies with that lightning. I remember I kept imagining Vader and Bane locked in a duel, and what a ferocious duel it would be. Lucas stated Darth Vader is 80% powerful as The Emperor. I don't think its unreasonable to say Bane would also be around 80%

MasterMe
10.19.2012 , 03:32 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DARTHOSIRUS View Post
For years I naturally assumed the old republic jedi were generally a cut above the PT jedi. The first time I played kotor my powers seemed more extreme then any force user in the PT era. However i was playing Revan not some standard run of the mill jedi. After doing more research on the matter it would seem the PT force users are generally more powerful. However i believe that there were plenty of exceptions to the rule i.e Revan, Satele, Malgus, Vitiate, Exar kun, Emperors Wrath, etc.

As for the Banite Sith, its hard to say how much they really evolved over 1000 years and if the power difference between Bane and Sideous is drastic. Bane was an absolute beast, the feats he performed in those novels were nothing short of impressive. A lot of unknown variables come into play on this. According to SW wiki there were 14 lords after bane and before Sideous. There is virtually no info whatsoever about most of the lords before Plagueis and Tenebrous.

It is possible not all them became more powerful than their predecessor. In my opinion Bane and Zannah were equals. That was a close fight which could've gone either way. Zannah happened to come out on top. She won, but she won lying on her back with broken ribs, and screaming in agony while Bane tried to possess her body. The way i see it is unless there was a Banite apprentice who utterly wiped the floor with his/her master then power difference between Bane and Sidious would not be extreme. Even if an apprentice utterly demolished his master nobody knows how the story continues. Maybe some time after there was a much weaker apprentice who killed a master in his sleep the same way Sidious did away with Plagueis. However in that case Sidious was every bit of Plagueis equal. However the way Sidious killed Plagueis proves he was at least somewhat worried about the outcome of a straight up duel with his master. By killing Plagueis in his sleep he ensures his victory 100%

With all that said I think its most likely over a millenium the baanite sith did grow in power to a degree. I think in a straight up duel between bane and Sidious would result in Sidious as the victor, but I think Bane would sure make him work for that victory. I remember last year when i first read about bane. He seemed very similar to Vader in certain ways. Both big guys who were raw force powerhouses, they could endure alot of pain, and were very physically strong, also both preferred the Djem so style of lightsaber combat. Only Bane has the lightning, and he could instantly incinerate enemies with that lightning. I remember I kept imagining Vader and Bane locked in a duel, and what a ferocious duel it would be. Lucas stated Darth Vader is 80% powerful as The Emperor. I don't think its unreasonable to say Bane would also be around 80%
You're exactly right to say that there are exceptions to the rule.