Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pub Hacks

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tiggy
10.08.2012 , 08:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ink-Blot View Post
I clearly stated that it was not the fact that I couldn't kill him, but rather the fact that he was constantly only using his instant heal the entire warzone. The sage healer was barely even healing. I should have posted the stats I guess. I know that it is extremely hard to kill op/scoundrel healers. I know because I tank with one and need at least 3 to 4 Dps to bring us down. Again this isn't what I was complaining about. His upper hand refreshes after every heal and he is constantly using the instant heal. I never said omg he hacks because I can't kill him. I have just never have seen that class only use instant heal to everyone constantly. He had over 730k heals from his AoE and instant casting. I interrupted every cast that I could but he rarely casted anything. So basically he was healing without the possibility of ever being stopped. That sage didn't even get 350k heals. I think barely even broke 300k.
"his instant heal" - Most of the operatives/smuggler's heals are instant cast and tend to have similar animations on the smuggler. Having looked at the video again I shall re-state *again* that there are several times through that that UH is lost. Also, by the % of energy drops and the fact that a lot of his team is glowing green (more noticable on the Operative as the probes stay around the person for the duration) he is blanket casting the instant HoT to then cause UH to proc which means he can then cast the instant direct heal. It's not just *one* instant heal he's casting but several different ones. If he plays anything like me then he won't stop to hardcast if he can help it as it's all too easy for casted abilities to be interupted.

"He had over 730k heals from his AoE and instant casting." - And the screenshot I linked of me healing, most of that was from AoE and instant casting (because a lot of the operative heals come from instants/aoe) does that mean I hack too? No, no it does not. I would find it fishy if his energy never moved or if he was permanently at 3 stacks of UH but he's not, he's playing his class exceptionally well.
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

gentlepie
10.08.2012 , 11:04 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
You can change your build so that you have 40% crit and over 75% Surge and with that you get Upper Hand on almost 50% of your casts. This ensures you never run out of Upper Hand.
For a Sawbones the less Upper Hand you have the less instant casts you have. Emergency Medpack is free.
Now on my Sawbones in PVE I use this build and people are amazed how I can heal but the trick is Upper Hand.
Your crit chance or surge doesn't have any correlation to how fast you generate Upper Hand. It's a 30% chance from HoT ticks so the more HoTs you have running the better the chance you'll get an UH/TA. Crit chance/Surge has nothing to do with it.

NasherUK
10.08.2012 , 11:08 AM | #23
I think this is probably the only MMO I've played where I haven't actually seen anyone cheating yet :P

Anyway stuff like altering stats and abilities like the OP is accusing someone of isn't really possible since they are controlled by the server.

Ink-Blot
10.08.2012 , 03:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
"his instant heal" - Most of the operatives/smuggler's heals are instant cast and tend to have similar animations on the smuggler. Having looked at the video again I shall re-state *again* that there are several times through that that UH is lost. Also, by the % of energy drops and the fact that a lot of his team is glowing green (more noticable on the Operative as the probes stay around the person for the duration) he is blanket casting the instant HoT to then cause UH to proc which means he can then cast the instant direct heal. It's not just *one* instant heal he's casting but several different ones. If he plays anything like me then he won't stop to hardcast if he can help it as it's all too easy for casted abilities to be interupted.
People have blown this way out of proportion lol. I only posted it because I have never seen scoundrel/op healer do this before, and I pvp everyday. I know that they can instant heal below 30% hp, but just have never seen someone do it to peeps above 30% and so often. That is why in my original post I stated to tell me if I am wrong. If this is how other scoundrel/op healers have healed before than I stand corrected. It was my first time seeing one do it and the rate in which he was healing and keeping everyone up felt a little over powered since I couldn't stop most of his heals. I also was attacking him mostly alone, and in which case with his guard I was not going to bring him down with that sage helping out here and there.
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Ćnder

Tiggy
10.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #25
Well now you know *big hugs*

I can only assume you were thinking of this:

Quote:
Surgical Precision
Increases the healing dealt by Surgical Probe by 15% and increases the max stack limit of Tactical Advantage by 1. In addition, Surgical Probe immediately re-grants Tactical Advantage when used on targets below 30% max health.
Surgical Probe itself can be cast at any level of health as long as you have at least 1 stack of TA/UH and it costs no energy. If above 30% health it will consume the TA/UH, below 30% it will refresh the 1 stack used. I personally a lot of the time will do Kolto Probe -> Surgical Probe -> Kolto Probe (I also move around a lot as they can be cast on the move), that way because SP costs no energy you continue regenning energy in between getting 2 stacks of KP on someone if that makes sense?
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

vdbswong
10.08.2012 , 03:38 PM | #26
I know that they can instant heal below 30% hp.
You're still making a mistake.

It's not that they can instant heal below 30%, it's that if they use their instant heal on someone below 30% the cost is refunded (so they can spam it).

They can cast their Instant Heal whenever they want (so long as they have Upper Hand).

Bloodstealer
10.08.2012 , 04:45 PM | #27
People have blown this way out of proportion lol. I only posted it because I have never seen scoundrel/op healer do this before, and I pvp everyday. I know that they can instant heal below 30% hp, but just have never seen someone do it to peeps above 30% and so often. That is why in my original post I stated to tell me if I am wrong. If this is how other scoundrel/op healers have healed before than I stand corrected. It was my first time seeing one do it and the rate in which he was healing and keeping everyone up felt a little over powered since I couldn't stop most of his heals. I also was attacking him mostly alone, and in which case with his guard I was not going to bring him down with that sage helping out here and there.
So you put up in big bright lights "PUB HACK" and you have the audacity to make out that others are blowing this out of all proportion just because they are trying to educate you as to how the class / abilites play out.
You clearly need to roll one up and find it out for yourself, though I guess even that wont silence your beleifs.

Try taking a step back from your whine and actually read what others who play the class are saying. Your only rebuke is saying you play with scoundrel and you are awesome cos it takes lots to take you both down... well ask yourself why.

But like I said rather than come accusing to the forums, simply because your upset that there is was a player who's skills, abilities and awareness of their toons capabilities was better than your own understandings of a class you dont yourself play .. go roll one, learn, adapt and then when you feel your any good, make another video and post it so we can all critique your skills against others , maybe you will turn out to be just as goos and people can call you a hacker as well.

BTW.. naming players in your postings is I beleive infractable.. just saying
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX