Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

cashogy
11.26.2012 , 08:25 PM | #681
click here for suggested 1.6 changes for Merc: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559457
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

klham
11.26.2012 , 09:22 PM | #682
Quote: Originally Posted by Beratac View Post
I play a Merc... have it spec to arsenal... I do just fine in a 1v1 fight. I'd say I win eight out of ten matches of a 1v1. Its all in how you play it. I think the one thing that got nerfed that pissed me off was the rockepunch knockback. losing that really ticked me off.
Commando / Merc is a clunky and deficient AC no matter what the spec. Even Assault / Pyro (the "kiting" spec) is unimpressive relative to its Vanguard counterpart. Combat Medics are sitting ducks and Gunnery gets completely shut down by any good melee dps player. I win lots of 1v1 fights too, but I know that's because I got the jump on them by a sufficient margin, they're under geared, or they are inexperienced players. All things being equal, a *good* mdps will always win vs even a good commando / merc. The AC simply doesn't have a full tool kit.

Macroeconomics
11.26.2012 , 11:39 PM | #683
Quote: Originally Posted by Beratac View Post
I play a Merc... have it spec to arsenal... I do just fine in a 1v1 fight. I'd say I win eight out of ten matches of a 1v1. Its all in how you play it. I think the one thing that got nerfed that pissed me off was the rockepunch knockback. losing that really ticked me off.
When I play as my Merc dps, I am top damage dealer 90% of the time. But that is because the current game is filled with bads. When I am on my non-Merc dps classes and I fight a Merc, I lose to them in a 1v1.....NEVER. Merc dps is the worst subclass in the game. There's a reason why no ranked team will take them.

DkSharktooth
12.03.2012 , 12:47 PM | #684
I wonder the eta until the(cough while saying this) buff comes out? I do hope they help merc healers out a bit also.

klham
12.03.2012 , 06:40 PM | #685
I think every commando/merc is wondering that. I imagine it would take a lot of work to overhaul the AC, but other more incremental improvements (like moving CM's talented no-interrupt on Reactive Shield lower in the tree, or including a movement buff with it) would probably be relatively easy (no new animations required, etc.) since these are abilities that already exist in the game. But what do I know.

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 08:13 PM | #686
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
I think every commando/merc is wondering that. I imagine it would take a lot of work to overhaul the AC, but other more incremental improvements (like moving CM's talented no-interrupt on Reactive Shield lower in the tree, or including a movement buff with it) would probably be relatively easy (no new animations required, etc.) since these are abilities that already exist in the game. But what do I know.
it actually wouldnt take that much work: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562010
The King of Bads

Skapek-Skocap
12.04.2012 , 12:56 AM | #687
I love Merc. I hope there are little to no changes with the class overall in the next update.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

cashogy
12.04.2012 , 01:04 AM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
I love Merc. I hope there are little to no changes with the class overall in the next update.
The King of Bads

LeonHawkeye
12.04.2012 , 01:19 AM | #689
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
Are you a hardcore masochist? Or do you just not PvP? Perhaps sarcasm?Has to be one. I sincerely hope there are an abundance of changes and perhaps even a complete overhaul of the terribly dysfunctional and frustrating class. Yes I like the play style and flavor of the class but the moment you step into any kind of competitive PvP, it all falls apart and you realize the class is absolute trash.

TheronFett
12.04.2012 , 01:34 AM | #690
My L18 Gunslinger has:
- 30m AoE stun
- 30m root
- 4m stun
- 4m AoE KB+root

Furthermore, Cover:
- Makes me immune to interrupts
- Melee can't leap or pull
- Increased ranged defense
- With talents, 30% more defense