Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 05:54 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I solved that issue by rolling the opposite AC on the opposite faction. I will eventually have all 8 ACs to see all the story lines.
Basically what I've done. Been doing too much grad school lately though. My poor PT never gonna leave Dromand Kaas at this rate lol.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

NoTomorrow
11.22.2012 , 06:22 PM | #662
Just make arsenal mers when they have their shield on be immune to charge and pull. They need to borrow so ideas fom snipers if they are to make this class viable.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 07:40 PM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Just make arsenal mers when they have their shield on be immune to charge and pull. They need to borrow so ideas fom snipers if they are to make this class viable.
2 minute cooldown. Dunno that it would help us much. Would be SOMETHING though. What do we do the other 108 seconds?

Still you're right. Snipers are a ranged turret done right. Very well designed and well balanced. Wish they'd put that much thought into ALL the classes.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

dejavy
11.22.2012 , 08:07 PM | #664
I'd say nerf Marauders, Juggernauts, Ssins, PTs, Opratives and you may not buff commandos then. /sarcasm off

Uggen
11.22.2012 , 09:36 PM | #665
........bump
Uggen-Commando
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Nassik
11.22.2012 , 10:11 PM | #666
The thread's getting lengthy, but it's worth a read for Mercs...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559457

These are viable and easily implemented tweaks for the mercenary.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

klham
11.22.2012 , 11:13 PM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
With a movement buff and a shorter cool down.../signed.

Jherad
11.23.2012 , 09:40 PM | #668
Bump.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Jarfunkz
11.23.2012 , 09:47 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by Shredit View Post
Merc is TERRIBLE in PvP... In any 1v1 fight with anything other than a merc you will lose. Every single decent skill the merc uses has a cast time, and can also be interupted. On top of that, they decreased the range of our stun by 2/3rds? Now the Merc class is even more horrible. You give us an interupt but but nerf our stun? Ridiculous. IT'S A RANGED CLASS! Give us our stun back... If you guys don't find a way to make the merc more competitive in PvP I am going to uninstall because merc is my main. So lets recap. Stun is worthless now, the interupt has a low range and can only be used to interupt certain things, but everything on merc can be interupted... Without a heat signature damage is crap and in PvP there isn't enough time to always get a heat signature on people. I could go on and on, please fix this class....
maybe u r terrible...
VicVega

Jherad
11.23.2012 , 09:59 PM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
maybe u r terrible...
Maybe you should post that three or four more times right now in this thread, so you can get it out of your system.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol