Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

DubFanahtic
11.22.2012 , 12:46 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
LOL. Stated as BW has acknowledged they will shortly be allowing people to transfer to the AC that they didn't pick at level 10. The end of the Merc problem.
Wait what, is this true?
See you on The Harbinger!
Level 55 : Marauder / Juggernaut / Sorcerer / Assassin / Vanguard / Mercenary / Operative / Gunslinger

fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 01:04 PM | #652
LOL. Stated as BW has acknowledged they will shortly be allowing people to transfer to the AC that they didn't pick at level 10. The end of the Merc problem.
... And BW's balance team strikes again!

Nonnolol
11.22.2012 , 01:41 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
... And bw's balance team strikes again!
so why the hell am i leveling a pt!?

klham
11.22.2012 , 02:04 PM | #654
If this is true then i wonder how long it will be before each faction simply has four classes with five skill trees each, with lots more hybrid specs running around. That could do a lot for game diversity depending how it's done, given the current prevalence of cookie-cutter fotm specs in PvP (Smash, Pyro, Tanksin). I almost fell off my chair in surprise the last time a Powertech pulled out Retractable Blade on me in a WZ. Oh, and just to really shake things up put a trinket in the Cartel Market that temporarily awards two additional skill points for 24 hrs. Stackable up to three times...

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 03:04 PM | #655
Staying commando for PVE. Being able to change ACs is no more acceptable than simply telling us to reroll.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

klham
11.22.2012 , 03:48 PM | #656
It would definitely be the easy way out if it's done strictly to resolve class balance issues, but I don't think that's where the demand is coming from mostly. I think ppl just want to try out the other AC without having to level a second toon through the same content.

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
It would definitely be the easy way out if it's done strictly to resolve class balance issues, but I don't think that's where the demand is coming from mostly. I think ppl just want to try out the other AC without having to level a second toon through the same content.
Fair enough, and I have to admit that if you could switch anytime for a fee and could switch back without rebuying all your skills I'd heavily consider it just for the novelty. I've had a powertech that's been stagnated for awhile.

Don't think for a second I won't be demanding they have to keep trying to fix commando though.

-Wnd

klham
11.22.2012 , 05:27 PM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Don't think for a second I won't be demanding they have to keep trying to fix commando though.
I've been fairly vocal about that myself. The sad part about it is that even as a commando I now totally focus mercs deliberately for the free kill...

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 05:43 PM | #659
I've been fairly vocal about that myself. The sad part about it is that even as a commando I now totally focus mercs deliberately for the free kill...
Oh me too. Especially on my shadow. No one knows better than former commandos/mercs how to take them down

-Wnd

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 05:49 PM | #660
I solved that issue by rolling the opposite AC on the opposite faction. I will eventually have all 8 ACs to see all the story lines.