Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

cashogy
10.29.2012 , 11:29 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
Realistically, the devs probably aren't the ones managing the forums or setting policy on 'official' forum responses from the company.
i know they arent, im refering to any yellow name. its the community team that works the forums, and Allison Berryman like 99% of the time. it would be nice if she could at least let us know if anyone has taken a look at this thread

ArchangelLBC
10.30.2012 , 12:26 AM | #592
I can't speak for the devs but I imagine all the best intentions are there. I'm sure they're doing the best they can with reduced resources to transition this game and ensure it survives. I suspect the commando/merc PvP issue is "on the list" and will be addressed in time. Keep up the drum beat tho, so it stays on the radar. It's a real issue, despite those few unproven PvP demigods who like to pretend otherwise.

I wish I could believe that, but 1.4 just left me seriously doubting that. At best, they have good intentions and no clue how to implement those changes, which what do you know here's a thread full of some good ideas! The fundamental lack of understanding which the last round of changes revealed was just staggering.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Nassik
10.30.2012 , 06:22 AM | #593
I don't know about good intentions. Looking at the patch notes, there's no mention of bounty hunters anywhere. So here we are at version 1.4.3 and the mercenary is still being ignored. At best, it's a mild neglect. At worst, it's willful ignorance.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

LeonHawkeye
10.30.2012 , 07:28 AM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I wish I could believe that, but 1.4 just left me seriously doubting that. At best, they have good intentions and no clue how to implement those changes, which what do you know here's a thread full of some good ideas! The fundamental lack of understanding which the last round of changes revealed was just staggering.
Well said. Also, bump for justice.

DkSharktooth
10.30.2012 , 01:47 PM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
I don't know about good intentions. Looking at the patch notes, there's no mention of bounty hunters anywhere. So here we are at version 1.4.3 and the mercenary is still being ignored. At best, it's a mild neglect. At worst, it's willful ignorance.
Merc is meant to be a companion type class like HK-51, didn't you notice the similarity in our abilities?

Jadescythe
10.30.2012 , 01:50 PM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't believe they have ever made any class balance change outside of major patches. They may have changed an ability here or there because it was not working as intended, but you're going to be waiting until at least 1.5 before you see any significant changes.
I have opinions and stuff

cashogy
10.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't believe they have ever made any class balance change outside of major patches. They may have changed an ability here or there because it was not working as intended, but you're going to be waiting until at least 1.5 before you see any significant changes.
you are correct, only in the major 1.X patches have there been class changes of any significance. it wont be 1.5, but maybe 1.6.

i am guessing that with the release of the new warzone we will see some better pvp balance changes

klham
10.30.2012 , 07:58 PM | #598
Only Mickey can rescue the PvP commando/mercs

cashogy
10.30.2012 , 10:22 PM | #599
Only Mickey can rescue the PvP commando/mercs
lol'd

Dovahbrah
10.31.2012 , 09:09 AM | #600
Still no response, go figure.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5