Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

Dovahbrah
10.29.2012 , 01:11 PM | #581
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
Really, you think Merc's are to OP because you might be the first to say that since 1.2 hit scene.
He's being sarcastic.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

cashogy
10.29.2012 , 01:28 PM | #582
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
Really, you think Merc's are to OP because you might be the first to say that since 1.2 hit scene.
i actually laughed
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

foxmob
10.29.2012 , 02:37 PM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the circumstances necessary to achieve 1mil+ damage have nothing to do with the class. you need an opposing team stacked with healers and a full 15m warzone. chances of getting absurdly high damage numbers goes through the roof in those circumstances.
there's no timer on CW or NC is there? in rated, i've had some epic battles for the middle nodes. often wondered if it was possible to do that ad infinitum.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Jadescythe
10.29.2012 , 02:52 PM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
there's no timer on CW or NC is there? in rated, i've had some epic battles for the middle nodes. often wondered if it was possible to do that ad infinitum.
NC is 30 minutes, I don't think anyone has had an actual stalemate ACW though, hard when turrets fire with one.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Asukaa
10.29.2012 , 05:35 PM | #585
Posting a new vid soon. Took me awhile to get it done as I couldn't spend much time on it on a daily basis.

Come for the PVP, stay for the music: http://youtu.be/-DIolB_VXDw
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

cashogy
10.29.2012 , 05:44 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it is, which is one of the factors in getting ridonkulous amounts of damage. i was in a 25m civil war once and ended up with just south of 1mil damage, just b/c of the number of healers and the length of the warzone
The King of Bads

Azrienov
10.29.2012 , 10:14 PM | #587
The class still could use a chance at getting back in the saddle. After what they did to powertechs, I think 1.2 mercs were not that bad at all. I think alot of it was the pre-expertise gaming where my pyro could put out that same amount of damage. Some tweaking to tracer missile and make the other attacks good, but honestly, when people realized they had an interrupt Arsenal merc was GG'd.

I refuse to let this thread fall off the front page. Its got alot of good opinions and honestly, if a dev scans this at all I want him to see this every time.

klham
10.29.2012 , 10:59 PM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
I refuse to let this thread fall off the front page. Its got alot of good opinions and honestly, if a dev scans this at all I want him to see this every time.
I can't speak for the devs but I imagine all the best intentions are there. I'm sure they're doing the best they can with reduced resources to transition this game and ensure it survives. I suspect the commando/merc PvP issue is "on the list" and will be addressed in time. Keep up the drum beat tho, so it stays on the radar. It's a real issue, despite those few unproven PvP demigods who like to pretend otherwise.

cashogy
10.29.2012 , 11:03 PM | #589
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
I can't speak for the devs but I imagine all the best intentions are there. I'm sure they're doing the best they can with reduced resources to transition this game and ensure it survives. I suspect the commando/merc PvP issue is "on the list" and will be addressed in time. Keep up the drum beat tho, so it stays on the radar. It's a real issue, despite those few unproven PvP demigods who like to pretend otherwise.
no, they are not. it would take someone an hour max to parse this thread for the good ideas. it would take about 2 minutes for a dev to post that they were actually looking into the issues raised in this thread.

the fact that someone had the time today to move a similar thread from General Discussion to this forum, but not take the time to acknowledge the issues raised, speaks volumes.

guess i will get back to leveling my sniper...
The King of Bads

klham
10.29.2012 , 11:27 PM | #590
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
no, they are not. it would take someone an hour max to parse this thread for the good ideas. it would take about 2 minutes for a dev to post that they were actually looking into the issues raised in this thread.
Realistically, the devs probably aren't the ones managing the forums or setting policy on 'official' forum responses from the company.