Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

Wraiven
10.10.2012 , 07:44 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
Ive gotten 850k DPS in CW, epic battle for the mid flag that no one got, we had 1 healer that did out standing (650k from memory) and looking at the screen shot the other team was pug but far from terrible. i had 50 - 60 kills and the 1 death, i do not put it down to just 1 good healer or a bad team, i put it down to i know how to LOS, kite, heal myself, shield myself, good use of map and good CC use.

Im not saying mercs are not lacking in area's but a merc can be very useful if you know what your doing, and since getting the interrupt from the last update ive noticed myself getting better and better.
Dude, you do realize you are not talking to idiots here, right? You do realize that most of us have been PvPing since you were playing with your Lego Blocks in your play pen? You do realize that most likely, most of us have mastered how to play this game and PvP with damn near every class in game, right? You do realize that most of us here, know how to play the game, know how to use a Merc to it's optimize abilities and most of us can destroy...utterly destroy any Merc in game, no matter what player is playing them, right? You do realize that most of us play on PvP servers, not some goof ball PvE server who think they are PvPers because they can destroy PvE players who try and PvP...most of us...PvP is just not a pass time....it's a way of life.

Yet you are going to sit here and try and blow smoke up our rear ends and think that we are going to fall for your wild tall tales of stories of war and honor?

As said before, Video, or it didn't happen. And if you do produce a video, please do not post a video of you being healed by a pocket healer, or being a Tank's constant focus of protection attention, or playing against some gimp team, or being a pre-made vs a random pug. We will spot that crap from a mile away and *WILL* call you out on it.

Sorry to be a jerk about it, dude...but you have to understand that I am sick of people coming to these boards and making bold claims that just simply are bold faced lies...without having some proof to back it up.

And in the fraction of a percentage that you are being completely honest, and you have somehow managed to pull off a miracle, then I apologize...but I am 100% positive that this is clearly not the case and you are 100% BSing the people on these boards.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Soljin
10.10.2012 , 11:22 AM | #192
The Merc/Commando Community is full of people that cannot resist coming into threads about Merc/Commando shortfalls and brag about how skilled they are and how high their numbers are blah blah blah....Its ridiculous. Most of them in the same breath will then say "Yeah Merc does need some buffs maybe though"...Derp.

I dont get it. Merc/Commando needs serious help...The AC is not even built properly anymore...Its like Some kinda Ranged Tank design thats missing the TANK part...They are forced into melee to defend themselves but have no way to escape melee range once they are in it....and definately cannot survive in melee range either.

So Summary: You cant control an opponent from range...so you have to let them gap you...then you can start to control them....but they can also now control you...and you have ZERO ways to get distance from them...Oh and you have one survival skill with 25% dmg reduction...which you will get CC'd through or with the current TTK just get murdered anyway...while you try to run..snared...and bleeding...and on fire....or rooted...need I go on.

Merc/Commando is designed poorly...the class suffers from it, it cannot 1v1 and contrary to popular belief this game if you cannot 1v1 your a liability for team play.

Merc/Commando is good for one thing...Being my Biochem bot.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

Mancer
10.10.2012 , 11:26 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Just delete the class and be done with it and give everyone a refund.
Or turn the POS that folks leveled to 50 into a PT. Or at least a choice to change it.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Mancer
10.10.2012 , 11:29 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Dude, you do realize you are not talking to idiots here, right? You do realize that most of us have been PvPing since you were playing with your Lego Blocks in your play pen? You do realize that most likely, most of us have mastered how to play this game and PvP with damn near every class in game, right? You do realize that most of us here, know how to play the game, know how to use a Merc to it's optimize abilities and most of us can destroy...utterly destroy any Merc in game, no matter what player is playing them, right? You do realize that most of us play on PvP servers, not some goof ball PvE server who think they are PvPers because they can destroy PvE players who try and PvP...most of us...PvP is just not a pass time....it's a way of life.
The sad part is that they truly do NOT get it, complete tunnel vision.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Technohic
10.10.2012 , 11:32 AM | #195
Just saw on the class forums that a few abilities are broken. I was wondering if they really were but never cared to investigate as I likely will just be done with Merc and move on. I'm not even sure why I care about them under-performing at all, other than I wish there would be a reason for me to revisit the class some day.

Volxen
10.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post

Yet you are going to sit here and try and blow smoke up our rear ends and think that we are going to fall for your wild tall tales of stories of war and honor?

As said before, Video, or it didn't happen. And if you do produce a video, please do not post a video of you being healed by a pocket healer, or being a Tank's constant focus of protection attention, or playing against some gimp team, or being a pre-made vs a random pug. We will spot that crap from a mile away and *WILL* call you out on it.

Sorry to be a jerk about it, dude...but you have to understand that I am sick of people coming to these boards and making bold claims that just simply are bold faced lies...without having some proof to back it up.

And in the fraction of a percentage that you are being completely honest, and you have somehow managed to pull off a miracle, then I apologize...but I am 100% positive that this is clearly not the case and you are 100% BSing the people on these boards.
Lmfao, I think you've managed to scare them away now. They know that they cannot prove they beat actual good teams in ranked warzones. They know any videos they have would contain all of the things you just mentioned. They simply keep saying over, and over, and over that they did so much damage in a ranked warzone, and that because it took place in a ranked warzone, that in of itself automatically makes the class "fine". They just can't seem to fathom the possibility that even in ranked warzones they are encountering far inferior players and THAT is the reason for the so-called "success" they are having on their mercs.

I think at this point, the argument that "mercs are fine" has been completly shut down and proven to be a falsehood in every respect. Anyone who continues to argue this is just desperate to keep up the illusion that they are one of the few "God's" of the class, when in reality their success with the class simply attributed to the fact that they are fighting far inferior players, even in ranked warzones.

UGLYMRJ
10.10.2012 , 11:53 AM | #197
Mercs aren't terrible... the players who play them are terrible....

No, I'm just kidding... your class kinda sucks.

Is Merc the ONLY class that hasn't had it moment in the FOTM spotlight so far?

Technohic
10.10.2012 , 11:56 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Mercs aren't terrible... the players who play them are terrible....

No, I'm just kidding... your class kinda sucks.

Is Merc the ONLY class that hasn't had it moment in the FOTM spotlight so far?
I think early on it was when people were still learning the game. Someone mentioned about how the hybrid DPS/Healer was then. I am just not sure if that would translate now that other classes have come up a bit.

UGLYMRJ
10.10.2012 , 12:02 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I think early on it was when people were still learning the game. Someone mentioned about how the hybrid DPS/Healer was then. I am just not sure if that would translate now that other classes have come up a bit.
I didn't come into this game until shortly before 1.2 but I know sorcs had their time to shine, warriors have always been strong, assassins, operatives and snipers have been up and down, PT's of course are fine but I've never heard anyone say... "Remember when Mercs... " Or "Revert mercs back to 1.1" etc, etc...

Was just curious....

Even though I've never played one... I have to say... Why did they not get an interrupt for 10 months? They've been on the bottom of the food chain for this long and have really been lacking on the love from BW.

Technohic
10.10.2012 , 12:11 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I didn't come into this game until shortly before 1.2 but I know sorcs had their time to shine, warriors have always been strong, assassins, operatives and snipers have been up and down, PT's of course are fine but I've never heard anyone say... "Remember when Mercs... " Or "Revert mercs back to 1.1" etc, etc...

Was just curious....

Even though I've never played one... I have to say... Why did they not get an interrupt for 10 months? They've been on the bottom of the food chain for this long and have really been lacking on the love from BW.
I didn't play one very far until right before 1.4. The only thing I can think of on why they didn't have an interrupt is they had 2 knock backs which could be used as an interrupt as a secondary role. Of course, that is voided if someone had a full resolve bar, but after 1.4 where it would be more reliable, now a root.

FWIW, I do like the root, but I don't think they would have killed balance to have just added a root to merc and left the KB ability separate.

EDIT: Should clarify, 2 KBs when specced in arsenal.