Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

vimm
10.09.2012 , 02:53 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
They're certainly not horrible in standards, I completely agree, and I've said this time and time again.

But only because in standards, there are SO many bad players.

I'd argue that given equal skill and equal gear, you are better off with ANY other DPS in a ranked warzone over a Merc/Commando.

Any.

EDIT:

VERY aware of the ones on my server, and have a passing acquaintance with some other servers'. Why, do you know of any top rated teams running DPS mercs in their A-Team? Please let me know who and where - I'd be incredibly surprised.
I just don't think you should make blanket statements when you're not aware.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Black-Cell
10.09.2012 , 03:09 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Useless bragging for e-peen is not needed in a community that already knows that this simply isnt true, unless you are just trolling in wich case im sorry for being so easily duped
You ppl really need to learn to play your class. I see commandos/Mercs on my server dish out 4-600k in damage in various maps. I know that's not much but it's respectable especially during RWZ. So there was some minor changes, big whoop. Learn to play and stop complaining about being "nerfed"

Chuckbobuck
10.09.2012 , 03:13 PM | #173
is it strictly dps specs that are lacking, or are the healing sub-par as well?
Herbie Hancock, Fat Mama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wNY9JFR-KY

powertech ... or vanguard?

djrobb
10.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
Maybe they could incorporate something to lower the heat in the Pyro tree.

Call it "Power Shot Management".

1 point decreases Power Shot heat requirement by 50% (Lowers it from 25 to 20

2 points decreases Power Shot heat requirement by 100% (Lowers it from 20 to 15)

Something to think about but I would love it if this ability was a instant cast
personally i think you need to take away HS missles and make it a 30% kill shot and replace the 31 point talent with another instant cast ability to make them a little more mobil.

just my 2 cents.

Jherad
10.09.2012 , 03:24 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
How is 'I've yet to see' a blanket statement?

For the second time now:

If you ARE aware of any top rated teams using them, please let me know who and where - I'd be incredibly surprised.

Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I make it a commitment to maintain range. I've seen your videos, and I see you like to mix it up at any kind of range. You should re-roll PT, more akin to your style.
I certainly don't *want* to mix it up in melee range - sometimes however we need to use all the tools we have been provided, which includes concussion charge - to help peel from healers (I think the last video I uploaded has me doing this a bit to at least stem the tide somewhat). (EDIT: When engaged by jumpers, it is often advantageous to kite them inside their minimum jump distance)

You can get away with it in standards. Against competent RWZs, you don't get to choose to avoid the jump smash train as a commando, and you certainly don't survive it. Most other classes have at least some options to do so. Some kind of escape tool and/or added survivability would go a LONG way towards fixing the class.

I think 're-roll PT' is probably good advice for ANY DPS merc/commando, but I'd really like to see the AC fixed instead.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

dalevan
10.09.2012 , 04:58 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I know who YOU are! lol Hai Stop smoking my crappy healer!!! lol
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

Dovahbrah
10.09.2012 , 06:48 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Black-Cell View Post
You ppl really need to learn to play your class. I see commandos/Mercs on my server dish out 4-600k in damage in various maps. I know that's not much but it's respectable especially during RWZ. So there was some minor changes, big whoop. Learn to play and stop complaining about being "nerfed"
Are you really this dense, or are you really just another fool who looks at the damage on a scoreboard to judge how well one class is doing? What a joke.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Henu
10.09.2012 , 07:16 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Are you really this dense, or are you really just another fool who looks at the damage on a scoreboard to judge how well one class is doing? What a joke.
YEAH how dare he talk about a DPS class getting high DPS in a war zone..
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Dovahbrah
10.09.2012 , 07:23 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
YEAH how dare he talk about a DPS class getting high DPS in a war zone..
Yes, because class performance is solely based on damage done. Get out of here.

Edit: and for the record, if there's a merc/commando getting 400-600k damage outside of voidstar and pocket heals, the team they're facing is terrible.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Jherad
10.09.2012 , 07:32 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Yes, because class performance is solely based on damage done. Get out of here.

Edit: and for the record, if there's a merc/commando getting 400-600k damage outside of voidstar and pocket heals, the team they're facing is terrible.
To be fair, its relatively easy to put out those kind of numbers in any warzone (I've even broken 600k in huttball) in standard WZs, and they're not unusual in long rateds. I may well be the highest damage PvP commando on my server though (I'll leave the mercs to fight it - probably DKSharktooth, who has all but abandoned his) - the average rank and file don't do those kind of numbers.

The thing is, ANY dps at the top of their game can do that in the right conditions. I still see the biggest numbers from marauders, sorcs and PTs (and now more frequently from Juggs). With considerably less overhead, and considerably less support. Efficiency is the name of the game - If you bring a commando, you're doing it wrong.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol