Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OrderOfVirtue
12.12.2012 , 05:10 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
Smash can hit people for 10k AoE up to 5 people? You think I am kidding... but I am not, a friend of mine critted someone for 9k on his smash yesterday. My biggest hit on assassin is up to 7.5k and that is single hit. Yet not only can Smash/Force Sweep do more damage on a single target.... but it hits 5 people at once! There are 3 different ways to have your stacks of singularity up to accomplish this so basically every time smash is off cooldown you can land it on people with the full damage.

Every game you can tell who the smash specced people are. because they have at least 200k more overall damage than anyone else on the scoreboard. Sure maybe one smash specced player is not so bad. However, now since people know how powerful it is... most people that are a guardian/jugg/sent/mara just abuse the crap out of this. So teams take 2 or 3 smashes to the face for about 5-6k damage a piece if you are full WH... and up to 9-10k if your gear is horrible. Now multiply that damage by 2 or 3 because that is how many smash specced players are usually in a warzone. So if there were 3 of them... WH geared people lose 15k-18k health instantly and horribly geared players take up to 27k-30k damage. Just tell me Bioware... how is this in any way balanced?
Whens the last time any of you have played a operative, complaining about a jugg when your the most OP class in the game as an assasin hahahahahaha..... You must be terrible at your class. L2P problem right here with his assasin just terrible at his class.

Aaoogaa
12.12.2012 , 05:32 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Rage and Focus builds and how they're fitting into PvP overall right now, and here was his comment:

Rage and Focus have always been high burst specs, but they haven't been very popular due to some usability and quality of life issues in the past. Our goal for Focus and Rage was to address those issues without significantly affecting their burst. In large part, I think we've done that, but the result is that many people are playing them now, which means there's a lot of AOE burst happening in warzones that wasn't happening before. We're willing to wait and see if their popularity is a result of being viewed as "flavor of the month" (i.e. Rage/Focus populations will naturally subside as people realize the spec doesn't suit their playstyle) or if they are truly too good and were just too unusable before. In short, we're going to keep a close eye on it.
Why even post this response? It's just saying nothing is changing soon...a year of gathering metrics and the game is worse than it's ever been.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

fungihoujo
12.12.2012 , 05:55 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Yes, 3k (non-guaranteed)crits for which you had to channel until you get the proc (which made it VERY preventable) was not ok, OTOH 2 button insta 7k guaranteed crits are OK.

Ahahahahahahahahahah at EA and SWTOR PvP and "monitoring"

BTW, GOOD juggs were doing beastly damage before all the buffs.

Pretty much (if you want to be competitive), and nice side effects, when they finally deal with smashers, juggs will suffer and you will STILL play OP class with 2 OP specs. Yah, its THAT bad.
Every time they do something it becomes more and more clear they hate operatives, mercs and sorcs- and adore marauders and juggs.

I left a few months after 1.2 because I was disgusted at how badly they'd nerfed sorcs while vaulting marauders to unparalleled god class status- I come back before f2p and what do I see- they've buffed marauders and juggs even more, and they're promising another nerf to sorcs- even after they nerfed our KB to be conal rather than radial, and our stun from 30 to 10m.

Yeah- nobody can question that BW is extremely biased now- next change to mara is probably going to be a buff too, would fit in with their **** class balance.

... oh, wait- marauders will still defend to the death that there is perfect balance- must be nice to be the favourite one huh.

NamikazeNaruto
12.12.2012 , 06:02 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by OrderOfVirtue View Post
Whens the last time any of you have played a operative, complaining about a jugg when your the most OP class in the game as an assasin hahahahahaha..... You must be terrible at your class. L2P problem right here with his assasin just terrible at his class.
All these other supporters must be terrible at their class as well, I wonder who the idiot is here. The ranked warzone metagame as of right now consists of a large part smashers and a bubble specced sorc to stun people all the time. Factor in stun grenades and you have a good old time in ranked. The only thing you actually need an assassin for in ranked is to node guard. We have an instant AoE too, and it hits 3 people only, and crits them for about 4k instead of 6-7k, so try again. Unless you're talking about 1v1s in which case we win against a smasher, and that's why us shadows are picked to guard nodes or delay a node cap. However, this thread isn't really about them in 1v1s, now is it?

Washingtoon
12.12.2012 , 06:06 PM | #225
Allison actually has a point, it's a cumulative problem. One can argue that smash is slightly OP for being an AOE but the real problem is when several people are using it in the same warzone. I will not die in seconds from just one mara/sent because it's fairly easy to avoid, it's when I'm focused on avoiding the first one and run into some other random smash that it becomes a problem. It's kind of the same thing as the unintended 360 knockbacks that they got rid of. The latter wasnt even something people complained about.

Varkantos
12.12.2012 , 06:28 PM | #226
"Smash can hit people for 10k AoE up to 5 people?"

And yet is completely mitigated by you running at the guy.

MiaRB
12.12.2012 , 06:36 PM | #227
two problems with smash.

1: devs went too far on how easy it is to use now. it may have been to hard to set up and get off before, but is just two easy now.

2: nothing wrong with high damage point blank AOEs. problem is, leap turns it into a long range AOE. they gave the smash to the wrong class. would not be a problem if they had given that attack to any of the non-leaping classes.
can't wait for this game to come out!

PowerReaper
12.12.2012 , 07:00 PM | #228
All they need to do is remove the fact you can reduce smashes active cool down - Rage/Focus Balanced.
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel

GrandMike
12.12.2012 , 07:11 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Every time they do something it becomes more and more clear they hate operatives, mercs and sorcs- and adore marauders and juggs.

I left a few months after 1.2 because I was disgusted at how badly they'd nerfed sorcs while vaulting marauders to unparalleled god class status- I come back before f2p and what do I see- they've buffed marauders and juggs even more, and they're promising another nerf to sorcs- even after they nerfed our KB to be conal rather than radial, and our stun from 30 to 10m.

Yeah- nobody can question that BW is extremely biased now- next change to mara is probably going to be a buff too, would fit in with their **** class balance.

... oh, wait- marauders will still defend to the death that there is perfect balance- must be nice to be the favourite one huh.
Yah, now other 2 mara specs are underplayed so we need to BUFF THOSE! -> BW metrics aahahahhahahahahah

And when i heard logic behind stun range reduction: well if you want to stun now you have to go in melee range. Really? On ranged classes that must work to stay heck out of melee range rofl

We identified problems and expected a fix back in january. So you come back and not only problems havent been fixed they BUFFED it. Its obvious they dont have the manpower to do pretty much anything any more (well except recolor armor sets). The state of PvP is craptastic. I didnt play a game with such bad balance.

L-RANDLE
12.12.2012 , 07:24 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
All they need to do is remove the fact you can reduce smashes active cool down - Rage/Focus Balanced.
U really think removing a one sec cd will balance it? They have to move singularity/ shockwave to proc a different attack and buff base damage on smash.....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango