Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sydexlic
12.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #211
Now we cross to Ollie Williams for the BlaccuPvP report. What's it look like Ollie?

"Shiz be broke"

AhaziBorn
12.11.2012 , 06:32 PM | #212
So what I gather from this is that I should roll a marauder and spec smash. Got it.
Thank you, Japan, for rescuing America from the brink of caring about Soccer - Stephen Colbert

Sivlar
12.11.2012 , 09:22 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Bashing the lead designer of pvp is something i strongly encourage at this point.

-Mister lead designer, lay off the pot...its causing havoc in the game we used to enjoy
Whatever the designers are smoking ain't pot. Even a stoner knows how busted class balance is in this game.

Makes you wonder if these guys have even been on a live server in a WZ or they just look at "metrics" and play with each other on a closed test server, oblivious to the state of their own game. Have they even played a MMO at all before?
"I know, a well played Scoundrel or Operative can still be lethal... but any class well played can be lethal... the problem is while a well played Operative needs to be run like Jimmy Hendrix ripping his guitar for the national anthem - other classes can be played by head-butting the keyboard and top dps charts." - DarkHelsing

Polebreaker
12.12.2012 , 03:06 AM | #214
Not sure they have. Course, when I saw all the happy birthday wishes for the lead designer who turned the ripe old age of... 29.... I kinda gave up any hope for sensible decision making in this multi-million dollar enterprise gone south.

No offense to the younguns, but when I was 29 I was an idiot... I'm sure I'll be saying that about every milestone age 10+ years past but really... This guy and this team are clueless.

wbtusmc
12.12.2012 , 05:41 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Rage and Focus builds and how they're fitting into PvP overall right now, and here was his comment:

Rage and Focus have always been high burst specs, but they haven't been very popular due to some usability and quality of life issues in the past. Our goal for Focus and Rage was to address those issues without significantly affecting their burst. In large part, I think we've done that, but the result is that many people are playing them now, which means there's a lot of AOE burst happening in warzones that wasn't happening before. We're willing to wait and see if their popularity is a result of being viewed as "flavor of the month" (i.e. Rage/Focus populations will naturally subside as people realize the spec doesn't suit their playstyle) or if they are truly too good and were just too unusable before. In short, we're going to keep a close eye on it.
Was this the rationale when you nerfed sages ZOMG 2.5k AOE in 1.2? Because if so, I can send you my damage log with 500+ 6k hits. Save yourself the man hours and go ahead and nerf it.
Trained to Fight Born to Kill
Ready to Die But Never Will.
Goddric, 50 Sage / Marauder Diversion

GrandMike
12.12.2012 , 05:54 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by wbtusmc View Post
Was this the rationale when you nerfed sages ZOMG 2.5k AOE in 1.2? Because if so, I can send you my damage log with 500+ 6k hits. Save yourself the man hours and go ahead and nerf it.
Yes, 3k (non-guaranteed)crits for which you had to channel until you get the proc (which made it VERY preventable) was not ok, OTOH 2 button insta 7k guaranteed crits are OK.

Ahahahahahahahahahah at EA and SWTOR PvP and "monitoring"

BTW, GOOD juggs were doing beastly damage before all the buffs.

Quote: Originally Posted by AhaziBorn View Post
So what I gather from this is that I should roll a marauder and spec smash. Got it.
Pretty much (if you want to be competitive), and nice side effects, when they finally deal with smashers, juggs will suffer and you will STILL play OP class with 2 OP specs. Yah, its THAT bad.

Missandei
12.12.2012 , 06:09 AM | #217
The last rumors from PvP design team was that «Vicious Throw» ability should be redesigned.
SithWarriors should have this ability as a Hard Hitter. As it currently not do as much damage as smash, Vicious Throw damage will be buffed for 75%.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Karkais
12.12.2012 , 07:02 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
The last rumors from PvP design team was that «Vicious Throw» ability should be redesigned.
SithWarriors should have this ability as a Hard Hitter. As it currently not do as much damage as smash, Vicious Throw damage will be buffed for 75%.
You'd think theres something wrong in the design when a singletarget conditional 'hard hitter' isnt doing as much damage on a single target than a non-conditional AOE.

As a carnage marauder, I can say that Im ok with how my vicious throw is functioning, if you want to buff it, be my guest. But that smash on the other hand..
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

dejavy
12.12.2012 , 07:09 AM | #219
Do they also keep an eye on miserable state of commandos/mercs too i wonder? The class sux greatly since 1.2 till 1.6. So, the smashlolboys gonna be tuned down...well in 2.2 i guess. Or the same day when they buff comm/mercs - never. Ok.

GrandMike
12.12.2012 , 07:32 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
Do they also keep an eye on miserable state of commandos/mercs too i wonder? The class sux greatly since 1.2 till 1.6. So, the smashlolboys gonna be tuned down...well in 2.2 i guess. Or the same day when they buff comm/mercs - never. Ok.
They are "monitoring" it, so you can expect results in year or so And then some 6-12 months to actually fix it.

So by 2015 your class might be OK!