Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rassuro
10.25.2012 , 05:27 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the problem with a middleman relaying information is that a lot gets lost in translation. take this thread for example. a player asks why is rage so freaking OP right now, and a community team member takes the question to the appropriate dev. the dev says 'well we may have overtuned it, we're looking at possible solutions to bring it back in line with other classes DPS outputs, but we dont really know what the solution will be at this point'. to which the community member comes back to the forums and posts 'we're not sure what the problem really is, but we might have a solution soon'.

do you see the difference here? both are very vague responses, but the one from the dev actually working on the project has enough specifics about the issue to make the community believe the devs are aware of the problem and are actually doing something about it. whereas a community member response is just more "maybe, soon, etc" fluff.
Wow, lately it feels like every time I come to the PVP forum, it just gets worse... now you're even being silly enough to get stuck on which exact words Austin Peckenpaugh used...
Once again, and I don't think you understand this, but the reply you got was not from Allison, it was from Austin, Allison was the one who posted his reply. If he had been here himself, you'd have gotten the exact same thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
and if you think that a dev reading through the forum pertaining to their focus in the game is a waste of time, you need to pull your head out of the sand. part of the problem with this game is that the devs have a serious lack of vision; they think 1 move ahead at best. the players on this forum have presented innumerable ideas for long term improvement of this game, and every single one has been ignored almost completely. a lot of the ideas from players are total pipe dreams, but occasionally there is something that would really improve that game that comes from the mind of a player, and simply b/c it didnt come from the minds of the devs it is ignored. a lot would be gained from some real dev-player interaction
Faith in humanity: Lost.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Zeaza
10.25.2012 , 06:08 AM | #182
When i get play smash i get focused by every player on the other team, i die more then most. I definatly spend 70-90% off every wz cc'ed. Seriously im starting to enjoy my other classes alot more
Yeah me aswell wish they never buffed it. Because before 1.4 i did the same dmg but didnt get half the focus from enemy team as now.

Ycoga
10.25.2012 , 06:20 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeaza View Post
When i get play smash i get focused by every player on the other team, i die more then most. I definatly spend 70-90% off every wz cc'ed. Seriously im starting to enjoy my other classes alot more
Yeah me aswell wish they never buffed it. Because before 1.4 i did the same dmg but didnt get half the focus from enemy team as now.
A smash player complaining about getting focused!

LMAO!
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

stephenalandavie
10.25.2012 , 06:50 AM | #184
Truly i dont find them a problem so they hit for 6-7k.

There will always be classes who can hit bigger then others.

warultima
10.25.2012 , 07:36 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeaza View Post
Same idea why you dont want to leave healer/pyro PT unfocused... and a derpasmasher knows how to play (it also doesnt take much to be a decent smasher fyi), they are much more deadlier than pyros.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

OldRepublicRevan
10.25.2012 , 09:08 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Rage and Focus builds and how they're fitting into PvP overall right now, and here was his comment:

Rage and Focus have always been high burst specs, but they haven't been very popular due to some usability and quality of life issues in the past. Our goal for Focus and Rage was to address those issues without significantly affecting their burst. In large part, I think we've done that, but the result is that many people are playing them now, which means there's a lot of AOE burst happening in warzones that wasn't happening before. We're willing to wait and see if their popularity is a result of being viewed as "flavor of the month" (i.e. Rage/Focus populations will naturally subside as people realize the spec doesn't suit their playstyle) or if they are truly too good and were just too unusable before. In short, we're going to keep a close eye on it.
The only gosh darn way its going to 'subside' is if you nerf it. Otherwise everyone and their mother is gonna make one. Serves you idiots right for giving a class that much power and not doing anything to the others classes to help combat that a little bit. Then again it is Bioware after all.......you guys ****ed up ME3 why would we be surprised you ****ed up the pvp in your first ever mmo. You guys ruined this game please flush it and start over with a new team of competent designers.

OldRepublicRevan
10.25.2012 , 09:10 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
It's so funny to see people cry about this when Rage/Focus has been able to do that damage since......ever.
Yeah and most of the classes had a way of countering it but now Tardware took away most of the classes ability to avoid and counter being hit that hard. Leave it to the guys at Bioware to ruin yet another game.

Ewgal
10.25.2012 , 09:29 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Truly i dont find them a problem so they hit for 6-7k.
The amount of dmg Smash does depends on gear, and yes it is actually a problem in warzones. A max geared "Smasher" can do a lot more than 7K dmg on recruit geared players. A recruit geared player tends to have about 15K, and a BM player a bit more, maybe 16K or so health. A smashed recruit or even BM player can lose over half their health bar to one smash from a geared player. They really are just too easy meat to the overpowered melee that Bioware has let SWTOR PvP become.
May the farce be with you

Zeaza
10.25.2012 , 11:06 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post

LMAO!
i am not complaning, just stating facts. doesnt matter how good you can play when you get triple stunned and go from 100% to 0% in every wz over and over and over.

i have 2200 rating, 180 wins and 40 losses, i know how to play.

OldRepublicRevan
10.25.2012 , 12:11 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post

LMAO!
Yeah that is what I said. I laughed when I read it too.