Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Capt_Beers
10.22.2012 , 10:45 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
I'm wonder how baddies crying about Focus/Rage. Its pure one trick pony, because this spec squishy like hell. One smash/sweep, then stun -> stun -> die. Zero survivability.

There are now only 1 OP class in game - its assasins/shadows. Because highest survivability, high burst, ability of total resistance for all cc, pull(KC Shadow), force speed every 20 sec, can stun for 4 sec every 15 sec(Sage), and stealth(Shadow).
Another person complaining about the dual AC Consular. Nice work. Running a 31/31/31 build too.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

TUXs
10.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
It's because Metrics™ said so
Whoever this "Metrics" guy is, he needs to be fired.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Eszi
10.22.2012 , 10:56 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Whoever this "Metrics" guy is, he needs to be fired.
Agreed

NamikazeNaruto
10.22.2012 , 04:18 PM | #134
Just played 2 games in a row today in which there was 6 warriors on the opposing team. The first game I had 5 warriors on my team, second game I had 3 warriors on my team. It is so hilarious to just watch 6 people from the enemy team leap to one person and that person get torn to shreds in literally 1/4 of a second. The fact that there are THIS many warriors in games is very telling, and very sad.

Ramtar
10.22.2012 , 05:17 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
Just played 2 games in a row today in which there was 6 warriors on the opposing team. The first game I had 5 warriors on my team, second game I had 3 warriors on my team. It is so hilarious to just watch 6 people from the enemy team leap to one person and that person get torn to shreds in literally 1/4 of a second. The fact that there are THIS many warriors in games is very telling, and very sad.
What do you expect?

Recheck out the Star Wars: The Old Republic - Intro Cinematic. In the finally fight scene, it's a Knight and a Warrior, with the Warrior being the victor using dual light sabers.

When F2P hits my guess will be that majority will roll a Knight or a Warrior.

Antipodes
10.22.2012 , 05:28 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
I love how no one complained about this spec before 1.4, poor Juggernauts and Guardians getting all this unnecessary hate when Rage is actually there highest dps spec and always has been.
Gee, maybe it was the buffs?

Focus/Rage was fine pre-1.4. The buffs should be reverted.

Ramtar
10.22.2012 , 05:32 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Another person complaining about the dual AC Consular. Nice work. Running a 31/31/31 build too.
He was complaining about the Assassin/Shadow class. Which is currently the best class to play because of it's abilities and hybre tree that is viable in PvP or PvE.

Invictusthetaru
10.22.2012 , 05:34 PM | #138
For me it's not even the buffs. It's when I'm clearly more than 5m away from the jugg and the smash still lands somehow.

I'll be kiting these guys no problem, barely in range for an ion pulse or what have you, and boom, smash somehow hits me.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

cub-lover
10.22.2012 , 08:21 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
It didn't always have the armor penetration, and it didn't used to be so easy to land. However, if you must know I've always had an issue with smash spec just for the sheer fact of having such a high damage ability be an AoE. However, before it could be evaded, not so much now. It is literally a low risk high reward spec. The top dps in a warzone now are always smash specced players, ALWAYS. It's not even close.

thatsn ot true, i play an ani marauder level 35, and most the time i see either myself or slingers/snipers in the top three.

unlike the rest of the groopies i dont play FOTM classes, i play a class and a spec that i think and feel would be best

and those that do play FOTM specs/classes are jsut pathetic becasue they cant get any other class or spec to work wih them, and their the real peopel that nee d to L2P the oens that foolow the lemmings over the cliff and into the pool of FOTM specs/classes

Rafael_Peres
10.22.2012 , 08:54 PM | #140
My main toon is a Marauder at PoT5, I never played another tree, always gone carnage and imo I was doing fine.
Then I leveled a Guardian to 50 and decided to PvP tank. In some warzones you get 2 or 3 warriors (mara/juggs) that simple wipe everything with smashes + plus sorc healer shielding to avoid them to receive dmg. Novare Coast was a 98% vs 0% win for imps.

Well at least now I know what spec to play with my marauder.