Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CharterMonkKent
10.19.2012 , 09:57 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
I read your post. My mercenary is Valor 95 and has been BIS for a long time. He would be valor 100 if I didn't stop playing him so much (just do daily now).

When I play my mercenary I feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I have no mobility/survivability, and my burst dps is not satisfying even with my BIS gear.

My deception assasin is wearing half recruit and half BM gear. I have greater burst dps/ mobility/ and just more utility in general. He is fun to play. Same thing with my Sentinel. Easy to kill people fast. Not stressful or hard to play at all. I can't even imagine how many heads would b rolling if I actually had BIS on either of these toons.

The problem is not just a gear gap. The classes are very unbalanced.
You pulled the Merc card ha, well done. Although with BiS on Arsenal you should be having crits of 5-6.5k with HSM and another 4-5k with instant follow up RS, that's huge burst. (I have one)

Yes deception is fun with easy burst, I assume it will be the next class people complain about because so many people rolled new ones. Juggs, Maras and Sins already make up most of WZ dps. That figure will probably increase.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

PeaceKeePin
10.19.2012 , 10:14 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post

IF your solo guarding as Rage and a Sin/Shadow shows up they will kill you fast enough to cap before reinfocrements show up even if you call out as soon as they pop on you...
Pre 1.4 that is the case, But not now, A Focus Guard can stand toe to toe 1v1 now against any class
Brealin Level 50 Guardian
Raelin Level 50 Commando
Shawty Level 50 Gunslinger

cycao
10.19.2012 , 10:17 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
You pulled the Merc card ha, well done. Although with BiS on Arsenal you should be having crits of 5-6.5k with HSM and another 4-5k with instant follow up RS, that's huge burst. (I have one)

Yes deception is fun with easy burst, I assume it will be the next class people complain about because so many people rolled new ones. Juggs, Maras and Sins already make up most of WZ dps. That figure will probably increase.
Yeah deception is fun and I will say I see more and more playing it (can you blame them it was fairly worthless prior to 1.4) but I really don't see many reaching high numbers and nothing compared to smash jugs or marauders and def not PT's even though I had someone tell me I should easily be able to out dps a pt/vanguard.

DarthOvertone
10.19.2012 , 10:39 AM | #94
The only problem with Rage Smash is the Auto-Crit, and that is because it rewards unbalanced builds in comparison to other DPS ACs (i.e. Power/Surge stacking without any penalty for dumping Crit). But whatever, my Marauder will just keep lolsmashing away...
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Hairyzac
10.19.2012 , 11:02 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Well, I wasn't really arguing the case for or against any particular buffs/nerfs. Rather that moans about Bioware "ignoring the community" are usually meaningless and often due to a false sense that an individual's personal, un-implementable desired changes represent the wider world's. A lot of complaints probably means somethign is worth checking over, but weight of whining (measured in kiloQQs?) isn't sufficient reason if the consequences would be bad.

Even if the company (insanely) decided to action every proposal you read on the forums, half of them would counteract each other. Most of the rest would be terrible ideas. Some would be good. But Bioware not doing everything people ask for is a Good Thing. I don't want flying pyro PTs with 40-yard napalm bombs. Not unless I can make their heads explode through the power of my mind, at least. But that might not be balanced.

Gone on too long again, Friday afternoon posts.
Do you think it is right that the hardest hitting ability in the game is an area of effect? That it can crit multiple targets for upwards of 8k+, and regularly for 7k+? That it is instant and is guaranteed to crit?

I don't feel this can be argued in any way. Change it so the automatic crit is for the perosn you have targeted only. Reduce the damage. DO SOMETHING.

Can we deal with things the way they are? Sure. But that doesn't make Smash in its current form balanced in any way shape or form.

CharterMonkKent
10.19.2012 , 11:14 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
Do you think it is right that the hardest hitting ability in the game is an area of effect? That it can crit multiple targets for upwards of 8k+, and regularly for 7k+? That it is instant and is guaranteed to crit?

I don't feel this can be argued in any way. Change it so the automatic crit is for the perosn you have targeted only. Reduce the damage. DO SOMETHING.

Can we deal with things the way they are? Sure. But that doesn't make Smash in its current form balanced in any way shape or form.
read my original post in here, few pages back. your complaints regarding balance are about geared rage/focus only and not the majority of rage/focus players. bioware looks for balance in a class as well as game wide. balance between recruit and full BiS is a tough issues to deal with. Again, check out my post where I explain in slightly more detail

also if a rage/focus smashes 4 people... that's 4 people in the immediate area that could have done something to stop the smash.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Hairyzac
10.19.2012 , 11:15 AM | #97
So I guess you think Smash is balanced lol...gotcha.

CharterMonkKent
10.19.2012 , 11:24 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
So I guess you think Smash is balanced lol...gotcha.
where did i say that? i simply explained that you're complaining about a very small % of the player base. even further you are complaining about a small % of one tree of an advanced class. namely, those with BiS gear. this game is based on gear progression. A BiS smash on a BiS toon will have scaled damage, a BiS smash on anyone below BiS will cause increased damage. that's a game design decision (gear progression) and a complaint to be made game wide. it's a weak complaint about one tree of one class.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Phasersablaze
10.19.2012 , 11:31 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post

Don't patronize me. I've been playing a Merc since launch and its not a "card" its a legit concern. I am also fully aware of what a merc can do since I have been BIS for months.

Classes are way out of balance. Its not just a gear gap. They are friggen waaay out of whack.

CharterMonkKent
10.19.2012 , 11:47 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Don't patronize me. I've been playing a Merc since launch and its not a "card" its a legit concern. I am also fully aware of what a merc can do since I have been BIS for months.

Classes are way out of balance. Its not just a gear gap. They are friggen waaay out of whack.
there was no patronizing from me. i simply meant that bringing up how merc dps under-performs in pvp is the end all of any conversation in this forum. even if someone brings it up in a post about one ability for one tree that isn't merc
<Nothing Personal>
+ =