Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Respect Revan


CephalicRex's Avatar


CephalicRex
10.08.2012 , 08:56 PM | #71
Ha-ha, none of that post had anything to do to you. I was referring to the "Anti-Revanites"--we'll call them that--that constantly use any opportunity Revan is mentioned to desparage his fans and one up people with Star Wars knowledge taken from many late nights on wookiepedia.

If I want to directly address you, I will quote you.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
10.08.2012 , 09:28 PM | #72
I look at it this way.

On any given sunday, any dog has his day.

You can say "Oh in his prime [insert force user] here would win and win easily".

How can we know that? Unless it is written by an author and signed off by the grand master of the SW universe papa george, what we know...is CRAP.

Yes Revan, Malgas, Malak and the list goes on are very powerful force users. Who'd win and when? That's a debate that won't ever be answered unless it's written and signed off by papa george.

Till then, it's all conjecture. If you like your characters then like them, hell love them. Just stop bashing over a point of view. All this is, a point of view.

Though my favorite force user once you trained him, Atton Rand...nothing better than a smuggler turned jedi.

Though overall, my favorite characters in Star Wars land...Republic commandos, Delta and Omega squads plus the Nulls.

I think Jaing and Mereel are my two favs but i love Kal's private army.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.09.2012 , 07:02 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I look at it this way.

On any given sunday, any dog has his day.

You can say "Oh in his prime [insert force user] here would win and win easily".

How can we know that? Unless it is written by an author and signed off by the grand master of the SW universe papa george, what we know...is CRAP.

Yes Revan, Malgas, Malak and the list goes on are very powerful force users. Who'd win and when? That's a debate that won't ever be answered unless it's written and signed off by papa george.

Till then, it's all conjecture. If you like your characters then like them, hell love them. Just stop bashing over a point of view. All this is, a point of view.

Though my favorite force user once you trained him, Atton Rand...nothing better than a smuggler turned jedi.

Though overall, my favorite characters in Star Wars land...Republic commandos, Delta and Omega squads plus the Nulls.

I think Jaing and Mereel are my two favs but i love Kal's private army.
Yeah, It's too bad they didn't finish the Republic Commando books.

But you're right. Unless they've fought eachother in a book/movie/game or unless George said so himself, then we really don't know for sure.

But I'm not sure I'd say I'm bashing a point of view around. Yes, I've thrown in a few exclamation points. All I've said is that Revan ISN'T a pushover, he IS a powerful being. This is a modest statement that is supported by fact. Just look at Wookieepedia. That place pretty much sums it up. Compare him to some other powerful being, like Bane for example. I'm not saying Revan would win, but they're in the same ballpark.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.09.2012 , 07:14 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by CephalicRex View Post
Ha-ha, none of that post had anything to do to you. I was referring to the "Anti-Revanites"--we'll call them that--that constantly use any opportunity Revan is mentioned to desparage his fans and one up people with Star Wars knowledge taken from many late nights on wookiepedia.

If I want to directly address you, I will quote you.
Ah, I see. I'm getting so used to people hating me I assumed this was directed toward me lol.

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
10.09.2012 , 10:56 AM | #75
If Revan was so powerful why did Kath Hounds almost kill him when he arrived on Dantooine?

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Simbr View Post
If Revan was so powerful why did Kath Hounds almost kill him when he arrived on Dantooine?
Seriously? For the same reason one could get killed fighting a flesh-raider on Tython in TOR. Or for the same reason a clone trooper could kill Darth Maul in Battlefront 2.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.10.2012 , 06:41 AM | #77
These threads about who would win a fight between two characters from different periods are pointless and stupid. I blame the books for starting this sort of ridiculous one-upsmanship about who is more powerful, and I blame Lucas for perpetuating it in the prequels by coming up with the ridiculous midichloron nonsense and for making these statements about just how powerful Luke et all were. In the original trilogy, Luke was never portrayed as the greatest Jedi ever, and Vader wasn't some unstoppable force who could defeat any lightsaber duelist who ever lived. The lightsaber battles didn't really show either of them as the greatest swordsmen. Palpatine didn't have the most powerful lightning ever that could incinerate a room full of whatever. They were just characters playing out their roles in a story. Palpatine used lightning because he was evil and it was a sci-fi way of torturing Luke.

Who would win a battle between Revan and [insert character]? Depends on who is writing the story and what they want to say. That's it. These characters aren't RPG or video game avatars with set stats and level 37 chain lightning abilities. And using the flashpoints in-game to determine relative strength is utter nonsense. I soloed Malgus on my Sage, so either he must be a pansy and Revan would smoke him, or I'm the most powerful blah blah blah.

Revan was the most powerful Jedi of his time and the hero of his age. For those who played and enjoyed KOTOR, he was a great character. Trying to paint him as either better or worse than characters from the SWTOR era or other periods depicted in the books is just silly.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.10.2012 , 06:55 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
What happened with Luke and Mara Jade is a perfect example to why Light-Siders can't Love.


When she died, he went out on a rage mode with Lumiya(If I remember correctly). Do you hear me? RAGE MODE!

Thats why PJO don't practice Love because losing it could turn you to the Dark-Side.

Luke isn't fully Light-Sided, when he gets ANGRY he sometimes will use a Dark-Side Ability. Samething with Kyle Katarn. But they will never use them at the same time. You can't be angry and Peaceful at the same time!
The entire message of the original trilogy was the love can save the day. Luke had attachments to his friends and sister. He resisted the effort to use them to turn him to the dark side, and it was his love for his father that turned Anakin back and defeated Palpatine in the end. The "no emotion" approach of the Jedi was proven wrong by Luke. The no emotion approach was also shown to be futile by the prequels. Jedi can suppress emotion, but they are not without emotion. You can't expect people to not love. If the Jedi had understood this and taught ways to keep emotions like love from leading to the dark side rather than pretending people can avoid emotion altogether, Anakin might never have fallen.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
10.10.2012 , 07:09 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
The entire message of the original trilogy was the love can save the day. Luke had attachments to his friends and sister. He resisted the effort to use them to turn him to the dark side, and it was his love for his father that turned Anakin back and defeated Palpatine in the end. The "no emotion" approach of the Jedi was proven wrong by Luke. The no emotion approach was also shown to be futile by the prequels. Jedi can suppress emotion, but they are not without emotion. You can't expect people to not love. If the Jedi had understood this and taught ways to keep emotions like love from leading to the dark side rather than pretending people can avoid emotion altogether, Anakin might never have fallen.
DING DING DING! That was the part with the jedi i never got. Instead of supressing emotion, how bout control emotion.

Jolee Bindo said it best. "Love can damn you, love can save you" In the cannon version of KOTOR it was the love between Revan and Bastilla that brought Bastilla back from the dark side and saved the day.

I look at the force this way and yes I am going to open this can of worms. There is no light and dark side when it comes to the force itself. The force is simply that...the force. The light and dark is in the BEINGS THEMSELVES. The force merely echos that and amplifies that which is inside the person.

The whole lightside only uses telekinetic powers while the dark side chokes and other things, that was something George Lucas put into the movies and it stuck.

Still, the whole debate on who is stronger, I feel is a moot point. Hell biggest example Boba Fett fought Vader to a stand still, but got tossed into the sarlac pit by a blind Han Solo! Come on guys stop with the who is more powerful.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
10.10.2012 , 07:31 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
DING DING DING! That was the part with the jedi i never got. Instead of supressing emotion, how bout control emotion.

Jolee Bindo said it best. "Love can damn you, love can save you" In the cannon version of KOTOR it was the love between Revan and Bastilla that brought Bastilla back from the dark side and saved the day.

I look at the force this way and yes I am going to open this can of worms. There is no light and dark side when it comes to the force itself. The force is simply that...the force. The light and dark is in the BEINGS THEMSELVES. The force merely echos that and amplifies that which is inside the person.

The whole lightside only uses telekinetic powers while the dark side chokes and other things, that was something George Lucas put into the movies and it stuck.

Still, the whole debate on who is stronger, I feel is a moot point. Hell biggest example Boba Fett fought Vader to a stand still, but got tossed into the sarlac pit by a blind Han Solo! Come on guys stop with the who is more powerful.
Yes but the Prequel Jedi understood that, but they also understood the lost of a loved one can turn you dark.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."