Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Respect Revan


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.22.2012 , 04:16 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
So, according to you, there are only people who thinks Revan is a GOD that's unbeatable, and then there's you who's right? You seem kinda arrogant and hate-ish in your posts above.
Yup! You saw right through my ploy! I'm always right and everyone is wrong!

^If you believe that I have a ranch I can sell ya!

In all seriousness, the next post I made follows up where I say that Revanites range from fanatics to real Revanites. You kinda twisted my words there.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
10.22.2012 , 04:19 PM | #332
Would you lot please take this to some form of personal message, this isn't debating the topic, this is taking sly jabs at each other and it's rather childish.

pbajnokl's Avatar


pbajnokl
10.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm going to ignore the tone you were speaking in...

Maybe I came off too strongly so let me get my actual point across. Through comparison of Yoda or Mundi's abilities to Revan's abilities, I have come to the conclusion that Revan would lose. I'm not talking semantics here, I'm talking about their canon abilities. Yes, Revan has done great things with his abilities, but in the words of Yoda "Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else. which is not what you have been saying, but I'm just putting it out there.

Maybe I shouldn't have stated it as fact, but to tell the truth, these Revan debates really annoy me. But I will say that comparing prime Revan versus Prime Yoda or Prime Mundi, the edge lies with Yoda and Mundi. Now that isn't to say that Revan doesn't have a chance. Revan's real, and probably only, advantage here is his ability to hide his presence in the Force, which would allow a sneak attack. This does not guarantee himself victory as both Yoda and Mundi have ways of countering such an attack. Yoda has some of the greatest precognitive and Farsight abilities ever seen, and Mundi has advanced (even for a Jedi) reflexes. Which is one of the reasons he was able to defend himself for a short time against the clones.

Was that a good enough analysis for you? I'm trying to form a bridge between us so we can find a compromise.

I think you are talking about Revan as if he stayed in the kotor area and didn't learned a thing until then.
Have you ever readed the Revan novel? If the answer is yes, then in my opinion you think that Revan couldn't even beat the Emperor.Do you ever think about, what happend with him before he confronted with the Emperor? I tell you: He lived mostly on drugs for 3 years, in a prisonand rested a night without them before the figth. But even this state he managed to use the force after a while. When he got his mask back and his memories returned,
the sith lord knowledge/jedi masters teachings his power instantly increased tenfold, and beated a dark council member without useing a lightsaber (he stoped the purple force lightning with bare hands and pulled it back to the sith lord, just like Yoda)
-that dark council member that meetra surik+lord scourge at the same time, couldn't defeat - (and some of the fans still thinks that Meetra stronger then Revan, LoLz)
Think about it a little... if Revan gained this level of force power just from knowledge, how much more could he learned from the Emperor in his 300 years.

Why do you think that Revan have only 1 advantage aganst Yoda/Mundi? -"Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else.-You're absollutely right...but I think you missunderstoodthe meanings of slaughter and challenge/rivals/fight...I think I don't have to explain what's the difference is... I hope. Yoda and the every other Jedi slaughtered tons of droids, while Revan and everyone else in the ToR-area fight aganst "tons" of sith lords, troopers and droids. (Think about the experience difference between the two wars)... If someone want to argue with this more, I could wrote a book from this..but because no one will pay me for this kind of work, (at least not like this) I'm not going to wrote more...
Before you missunderstand me, I'm not saying that Yoda week, or Revan could beat the cr*p out of Yoda and Mundi at the same time. I'm saying that Revan vs Yoda absolutly not sure what's the outcome of their figth (an other advantage to Revan: He is bigger), the force not makes difference between the centuries, and gives less force power the older people like Revan and give more powerto the younger like Yoda. If someone says in this books/films that person is strong in the force... they mean in it, they really are. There was a time where we all thought that there were only 3 force user, who could beat Vader (Sidious,Obi,Luke) until the SW:TFU came out and with this I wanted to say that, if someone want a star wars charakter make stronger or weeker they just have to write a book... and the canon changed again. Just for example, there was a time where Revan's gender wasn't sure for some people...
As for my Top strongest force users+light saber users list look like this:
1.Luke
2.Revan/Mace Windu
3.Sidious
4.Yoda
5.Obi-Wan/Starkiller
!!! And this list not the "who could have beat who" list... here I think any one could beat any one, it's just the matter of enviroment,state of mind and etc...!!!
(Vader somewhere at the end of the top 20... just because he was the chosen one, it doesn't mean he is the strongest one.
Even Darth Maul is better then him, I think he was the best apprentice of Sidious)

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.22.2012 , 06:27 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
So, according to you, there are only people who thinks Revan is a GOD that's unbeatable, and then there's you who's right? You seem kinda arrogant and hate-ish in your posts above.
That's kinda unfair. He could have worded it differently, but I'd be careful to use the word hate.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.22.2012 , 06:33 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
I think you are talking about Revan as if he stayed in the kotor area and didn't learned a thing until then.
Have you ever readed the Revan novel? If the answer is yes, then in my opinion you think that Revan couldn't even beat the Emperor.Do you ever think about, what happend with him before he confronted with the Emperor? I tell you: He lived mostly on drugs for 3 years, in a prisonand rested a night without them before the figth. But even this state he managed to use the force after a while. When he got his mask back and his memories returned,
the sith lord knowledge/jedi masters teachings his power instantly increased tenfold, and beated a dark council member without useing a lightsaber (he stoped the purple force lightning with bare hands and pulled it back to the sith lord, just like Yoda)
-that dark council member that meetra surik+lord scourge at the same time, couldn't defeat - (and some of the fans still thinks that Meetra stronger then Revan, LoLz)
Think about it a little... if Revan gained this level of force power just from knowledge, how much more could he learned from the Emperor in his 300 years.

Why do you think that Revan have only 1 advantage aganst Yoda/Mundi? -"Wars not make one great." Just because you can slaughter your enemies, does not make you better than someone else.-You're absollutely right...but I think you missunderstoodthe meanings of slaughter and challenge/rivals/fight...I think I don't have to explain what's the difference is... I hope. Yoda and the every other Jedi slaughtered tons of droids, while Revan and everyone else in the ToR-area fight aganst "tons" of sith lords, troopers and droids. (Think about the experience difference between the two wars)... If someone want to argue with this more, I could wrote a book from this..but because no one will pay me for this kind of work, (at least not like this) I'm not going to wrote more...
Before you missunderstand me, I'm not saying that Yoda week, or Revan could beat the cr*p out of Yoda and Mundi at the same time. I'm saying that Revan vs Yoda absolutly not sure what's the outcome of their figth (an other advantage to Revan: He is bigger), the force not makes difference between the centuries, and gives less force power the older people like Revan and give more powerto the younger like Yoda. If someone says in this books/films that person is strong in the force... they mean in it, they really are. There was a time where we all thought that there were only 3 force user, who could beat Vader (Sidious,Obi,Luke) until the SW:TFU came out and with this I wanted to say that, if someone want a star wars charakter make stronger or weeker they just have to write a book... and the canon changed again. Just for example, there was a time where Revan's gender wasn't sure for some people...
As for my Top strongest force users+light saber users list look like this:
1.Luke
2.Revan/Mace Windu
3.Sidious
4.Yoda
5.Obi-Wan/Starkiller
!!! And this list not the "who could have beat who" list... here I think any one could beat any one, it's just the matter of enviroment,state of mind and etc...!!!
(Vader somewhere at the end of the top 20... just because he was the chosen one, it doesn't mean he is the strongest one.
Even Darth Maul is better then him, I think he was the best apprentice of Sidious)
Okay, you've made a good point. But me and Aurbere just wrapped up our argument soooooo nicely. Let's quit that argument. I'm not saying "everybody quit posting here", I'm just saying that I think it'd be best to leave Aurbere alone.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.22.2012 , 06:38 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Okay, you've made a good point. But me and Aurbere just wrapped up our argument soooooo nicely. Let's quit that argument. I'm not saying "everybody quit posting here", I'm just saying that I think it'd be best to leave Aurbere alone.
I think that might be for the best. I've posted in this thread from the beginning (some 50-100 posts or something), which has given me the time to give my opinion. Which I have so I'm gonna leave it as it is.

Said it before, I know.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.22.2012 , 06:42 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Would you lot please take this to some form of personal message, this isn't debating the topic, this is taking sly jabs at each other and it's rather childish.
Yeah, everything's gotten a bit off topic, but I don't know what you meant by "sly jabs." I think you're in the wrong to call us childish.

khayyinx's Avatar


khayyinx
10.29.2012 , 06:32 PM | #338
pbajnokl gave very good arguments.

Revan is one of the unique characters that have mastered both dark and light side, that's a fact. He was the best jedi of his time, became the dark lord of the sith, and later the best jedi again. Just to remember that the Old Republic times was full of jedi;sith always fighting each others, wich means that beeing the best of them is a very great deal !!
He had a lot of knowledge about the force, he is one of the rare force users that could absorb or redirect force llightning (like yoda). All his powers can be seen in wookieepedia.

"Several millennia later, this holocron was discovered by Darth Bane, who noted that Revan's knowledge of Sith Lore was greater than the entire information contained in the archives of the Sith Academy in Korriban in his time."

BUT, i know that he's not the most powerful force user ever. As i don't take the words of GL so seriously i think a rank would be

1-Darth Sidious/Luke : i think sidious is more powerfull, and it's stated that he has mastered almost every force power ever! This is just because of the comics and novels released after the movies.

2-yoda/windu/revan/a lot of other jedi and siths

As i said, George Lucas could simply say "Darth maul was the most powerfull force user". It doesn't matter if he's the creator of the story, he should base his statement in some facts. In the case of luke and sidious those facts are showed in comic books wasn't even wroted by GL., but they are very strange since Sidious was killed by vader throwing him in a pit !! He didn't even stabed with a lightsaber from his back. Sidious had plenty of time and actually, should have foreseen what would happen, if he's that powerfull. And luke only started training with like 18 years, in a galaxy without much siths or jedis to train. So the statements are a bit controversial.

if we only consider the movies, i would say that revan could go 1 on 1 with any of them and even beat them...

Also, the main reason Revan is on of my favorite characters is his other abilities, like leadership, very good engineering skills (made HK-47) and that he doesn't follow any rules. He's a jedi that have a wife and a kid and do whatever he wants!!

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.29.2012 , 06:38 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by khayyinx View Post
pbajnokl gave very good arguments.

Revan is one of the unique characters that have mastered both dark and light side, that's a fact. !!
No he didn't, that is literally impossible to do. A jedi master tried doing so, and he ended up destroying himself.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

khayyinx's Avatar


khayyinx
10.29.2012 , 07:45 PM | #340
Yes, he did. Other like kyle katarn and luke have done that too, but they didn't mastered both as much as revan. Luke only stay in the dark side for a while