Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respect Revan

Aurbere
10.14.2012 , 08:54 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I actually really like Revan, MY Revan, not what the character became, problem is, a lot of his 'Revanites' attempt to make him out to be something he is not, I do exactly the opposite, I purposefully underhype what he has done for the sole purpose of showing everyone a completely different view point of what he has done, so as to stop the growth of this big 'Revan is beast' shtick that goes around on the forums.

Like him all you* want, but don't come into threads(I'm not referring to this one) and spew on about how great he is, this isn't about who you like best, it's about what they actually achieved, hence the purpose of canon facts, not hyperbole.

*I mean 'you' as a collective noun, not you personally.
That's exactly how I am too. It pains me to see some people hype him up to be something that he is not. Especially when it comes to a discussion on canon facts. What they do is ignore every piece of canon against Revan and supplement Revan with fabricated pieces of evidence and stretch the truth out so much that it turns into a lie.

The real Revan would be shamed.

EDIT: Maybe not. After what he was saying on the Foundry I'd say he would believe it too. Very arrogant he was.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ProsaicProse
10.14.2012 , 09:01 AM | #162
One thing I sort of found amusing about this debate is how often people bring up the Foundry fight as some sort of measure of Revan's power (or lack of), then neglect to also bring up it was a 4 on 1 fight. It took 4 players at the prime of their power to defeat him - he's 1 guy.

Aurbere
10.14.2012 , 09:05 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
One thing I sort of found amusing about this debate is how often people bring up the Foundry fight as some sort of measure of Revan's power (or lack of), then neglect to also bring up it was a 4 on 1 fight. It took 4 players at the prime of their power to defeat him - he's 1 guy.
Actually they were not at their prime. Story-wise, Nox at the end would dominate Nox at Revan fight. The flashpoints run parallel to the main story so shortly after Chapter 1 the four Imperials go to the Foundry. This means that the four classes were not in their prime. Their prime is at the end of Chapter 3. This means that the Warrior can beat DC members and Nox has some 4 ghosts empowering him. Nox alone would beat Revan with ease.

EDIT: What you don't understand is that it is not a level thing. It is a timeline thing. The Wrath could beat Revan in a good fight, but Nox is on a whole different level. Nox's ghosts give him an immense power plus his own growing power, Revan is no match.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
10.14.2012 , 09:07 AM | #164
Prime of their power? it's a flashpoint where the Sith are only just Lords, the Imp is still an Agent and the Bounty Hunter is not yet the Pub's most wanted.

I think you are confusing it with the False Emperor, where it took the four of them at their height of power to bring him* down.

Spoiler

ProsaicProse
10.14.2012 , 09:17 AM | #165
He's not tough enough? Then go do it on hardmode!

Rayla_Felana
10.14.2012 , 09:25 AM | #166
He's not tough enough? Then go do it on hardmode!
We aren't talking about difficulty or level, but the Foundry flashpoint happens when the first chapter ends for the Imps.

Sir-Coffee
10.14.2012 , 09:32 AM | #167
We aren't talking about difficulty or level, but the Foundry flashpoint happens when the first chapter ends for the Imps.
True, but
Spoiler

They will most likely bring him back and I guarantee he will be stronger.

I mean,
Spoiler

Aurbere
10.14.2012 , 09:38 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
True, but
Spoiler

They will most likely bring him back and I guarantee he will be stronger.

I mean,
Spoiler
And then with the story expansion, the imperials and pubs will get even stronger. Outclassing him yet again.

ProsaicProse
10.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #169
That's the problem with arguments like these - anyone can cherry pick game mechanics and story elements when it's convenient, because such debates are subjective and open to interpretation.

Emperor-Norton
10.14.2012 , 09:42 AM | #170
The Emperor has never been seen killing multiple Dark Council members, he sent his Imperial Guard out in the novel to take them all out, they were enhanced because of their link to Vitiate and those members didn't have a clue what was happening, it was basically their own version of Order 66.
That is half true. He sent out the Imperial Guard to kill 3 members of the Council, while he summoned the rest to the Citadel and (it was assumed that) he personally killed all of them there.