Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respect Revan

MasterMe
10.12.2012 , 02:54 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
With Revan im only going to say my two cents Revan at full power (not Foundry revan since he clearly was a madman and drained from 300 years of fighting off the emperor's control) is clearly stronger than any member of the dark council or any other sith in the empire. The only time the Emperor experienced fear of dying was when he fought Revan at full power (this is coming from the Revan novel). During Act 2 of JK story
Spoiler
Dark Council members are the strongest sith in the empire and The Emperor's Wrath is stronger than most if not all of them. Ik after i post this il get "what about the Dread Masters" cmon there are 6 of them and there only that powerful when they are together which is stated in their codex. My point is where the emperor has easily killed multiple dark council members at once (which he also did in the Revan novel) he had struggled in his 2nd fight with Revan. Just my opinion using facts.
Very good point. No arguments here.

Rayla_Felana
10.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #142
My point is where the emperor has easily killed multiple dark council members at once (which he also did in the Revan novel) he had struggled in his 2nd fight with Revan. Just my opinion using facts.
The Emperor has never been seen killing multiple Dark Council members, he sent his Imperial Guard out in the novel to take them all out, they were enhanced because of their link to Vitiate and those members didn't have a clue what was happening, it was basically their own version of Order 66.

Darkondo
10.13.2012 , 10:21 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The Emperor has never been seen killing multiple Dark Council members, he sent his Imperial Guard out in the novel to take them all out, they were enhanced because of their link to Vitiate and those members didn't have a clue what was happening, it was basically their own version of Order 66.
Point taken but the Guard still had their power enhanced by the Emperor himself and Revan did easily beat Darth Nyriss one of the more powerful Dark Council members at the time who wiped the floor with Scourge and Meetra without breakng a sweat.

Rayla_Felana
10.13.2012 , 12:07 PM | #144
Point taken but the Guard still had their power enhanced by the Emperor himself and Revan did easily beat Darth Nyriss one of the more powerful Dark Council members at the time who wiped the floor with Scourge and Meetra without breakng a sweat.
He used Tutaminis to deflect her own dark power back at her, not as impressive as you think, then consider the fact that the Exile was never displayed as a mighty duellist of any sort, but instead someone who had mastered the Light Side of the Force and you see why that duel isn't exactly a great measure of Surik's abilities, nor Scourge's for that matter, considering he was basically her apprentice his entire life.

BrandonSM
10.13.2012 , 02:12 PM | #145
He used Tutaminis to deflect her own dark power back at her, not as impressive as you think, then consider the fact that the Exile was never displayed as a mighty duellist of any sort, but instead someone who had mastered the Light Side of the Force and you see why that duel isn't exactly a great measure of Surik's abilities, nor Scourge's for that matter, considering he was basically her apprentice his entire life.
Where does it state Meetra Surik mastered the Light-Side?

In my opinion and most would think you can't really master either side unless your the Chosen One or a descendant of him.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
10.13.2012 , 02:30 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

In my opinion and most would think you can't really master either side unless your the Chosen One or a descendant of him.
She achieved Enlightenment with the Light Side of the Force. Not sure if this is mastery of the Light Side, but it is an incredible understanding of it.

Well Sidious was a master of the Dark Side. But other than that I agree that only the Chosen One and his descendants could achieve true mastery of the Force.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
10.13.2012 , 02:43 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

"Once judged by the council, she realised how wrong she had been in following the old Jedi's ways with such zealousness, for they themselves were no longer the true Jedi, they lacked understanding and were filled with fear, but she knew the Jedi Code was still true and her belief in the Light Side were all she truly needed.

The Exile felt a deeper understanding of herself and the Force, even with the Sith whispering things in her ear, she no longer felt confusion or fear of recent events, only strength and conviction in what the Jedi once stood for."

"The Exile had achieved Force Enlightenment, something many Jedi never amount to, it was the total understanding of the self and that person's purpose in the force, the end result was an "Enlightened" Jedi, having unlocked and harnessed fully the Light Side of the Force.

This power she used in the face of Nihilus whom normally struck Force Users with fear, freezing them, but her new found resilience and belief allowed her to stand and face him without doubt, she later opened herself to this new found power at the Trayus Academy, allowing the will of the Force itself to guide her in open combat against the Dark Jedi and their Masters."

The Knights of the Old Republic Sourcebook.

Xatasha
10.13.2012 , 03:34 PM | #148
The real reason people are Raven fans is that he was their character in a well written game. People hate to see their character be anything less than the best at everything.

MasterMe
10.13.2012 , 06:29 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
The real reason people are Raven fans is that he was their character in a well written game. People hate to see their character be anything less than the best at everything.
Is this aimed at me? I never said Revan was the best thing ever. I never said anything like that at all. All I said is that he's no push over and that he has considerable power. Interpret that however you want, but it's nothing remotely near "the best thing ever."

MasterMe
10.13.2012 , 06:38 PM | #150
If he was indeed using Tutaminis, then I don't know why it would be "unimpressive." To me this says that his knowledge of was considerable to pull such a thing off. If you go to the wikia, then you'll notice that the only Tutaminis practitioners are the really powerfull guys. It seems that this is indeed an impressive ability. Maybe I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't say it isn't impressive.

Besides, I thought that you (and Aurbere) were of the impression that Revan was "One with the force during this scene." Just curious. Actually, I would like to discuss with you why you think that Revan was one with the force at this point.