Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative as DPS for 50lv PvE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative as DPS for 50lv PvE

12.13.2012 , 12:50 PM | #11
I would not worry about being top dps just go play what you want to play. Op leaders only care if you are full spec, at least the good ones anyway.

Ops get awesome cc and you can respec heals which can be huge when somebody has to leave. It's not all about dps they are a dime a dozen.

12.17.2012 , 03:12 PM | #12
ops make do make better healers than dps, I have both an operative and sniper both pretty much put out the same dps beacuse i keep my dps set in legacy gear both pretty much are the same gear wise aside from implants/ear,
now that dual spec is free i swap out from lethality and concealment pending on the encounter when im filling in for a missing dps for raid night ( i generally heal)

For TFB i run

Horror - Concealment
Council - Lethality
Operator - Concealment
Kephess - Concealment
TFB - concealment or lethality work about the same
Arterial <Lethal Dose Fifty>

12.20.2012 , 05:15 PM | #13
my lethality sniper puts out around 200 more dps than my scrapper in the same tier gear (propper weights). when i went DF on my scoundrel i dropped another 100 dps.

fact is: you can fall asleep at the wheel with a sniper and match the dps you work your arse off for as an op

02.20.2013 , 04:04 AM | #14
I find it funny that alot of players compare a non-pure AC to a pure AC and say, that since it can't beat a pure dps at dps, then it sucks as a dps.

Why not compare operative dps to another AC that has multiple role possibilities, like Assassin or Juggernaut? Just Saying.

In the end, if the operative dps is really just too low to compete, then bioware needs to buff them up so they can compete.