Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i wanna rp but not to sure if i should

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
i wanna rp but not to sure if i should

AxelSigh
10.05.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1
i wanna rp and it seems this server is the best rp server but i made a republic toon and no one was in the major hub place is it a sith server r just very few ppl and also i haven't rp in two years soidk if im even good at it r be able to get into character that well XP. be great if some guild r ppl might help r some thing

BlueRahja
10.07.2012 , 08:41 AM | #2
I understood most of this. RP on this server is pretty solid and enjoyable, however I have found my successes to be outside of fleet and cantinas. And you have to be willing to shoehorn yourself in a little. Standing by a balcony staring whistfully off into nowhere is not going to result in people approaching most of the time. If you want RP the best thing to do is start it up. If you see some people in RP mode, introduce yourself, offer your services. Just be mindful of things like logical distances to overhear things, and of course, try to refrain from "I am a Sith, everyone do as I say"

On republic side: Try Tython, at the temple, or even the waterfall. Nar shaddaa promenade or cantina. Fleet ships. Anchorhead. Smugglers den on corruscant.

On empire. Drommund kaas and korriban and nar shadda promenade good. Fleet bad. Fleet very very bad. Unless you are a 12 year old dude playing a girl who is into girls, but with the mindset of a 12 year old boy, or if you are an attention seeking nudist who just hit social 2. Honest fleet RP died with Execution and Darkmoon.
'"\\=<<>>=//"'
"There's no use running, you'll only die tired."

Paintcheck
10.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueRahja View Post
On empire. Drommund kaas and korriban and nar shadda promenade good. Fleet bad. Fleet very very bad. Unless you are a 12 year old dude playing a girl who is into girls, but with the mindset of a 12 year old boy, or if you are an attention seeking nudist who just hit social 2. Honest fleet RP died with Execution and Darkmoon.
Hey fleet's not that bad. I need my daily dose of comedy from somewhere.

But yeah in all seriousness Fleet can be pretty painful if you're trying to socialize and everyone else is trying to cyber. I've had occasional successes there but most of the time I've found myself ignored while the various guild cliques RP among themselves (usually related to cybering). I've had no luck on Nar Shaddaa either but supposedly every Thursday on the promenade/cantina there's an RP event (I have work on Thursdays so I haven't seen it for myself) that I've heard is decent.

kirorx
10.12.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Once chat bubbles come, random RP will too.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

wingsofcover
10.12.2012 , 06:30 PM | #5
Fleet is much better republic side. Still have to watch out every now and then, but fleet empire side has, in my experience, been various shades of terrible.

Avida
10.22.2012 , 09:05 PM | #6
Hi,

If you are looking to grow with a guild, I recently formed one and would gladly welcome you aboard. The guild focuses on the three aspects of gaming equally (PVE, PVP and RP) the guild website http://3rdrepublicdivision.guildlaunch.com/ is still fairly new, and I'm setting it up in preparation for the new members that will be coming in from the FTP launch. I also have created an Empire Guild the website http://darkcult.guildlaunch.com/ this one is further along than the Republic guild's site, but by the time you read this probably they both will be equally ready. If you're into the RP check out the Beginnings post on our Empire Guild site in our forums (Alter of Gathering) it will give you an idea of the innovative avenues we use to help people develop their story as well as the guilds. If you can't get to the site, the main difference between the guilds RP and everyone else’s is that ours involves top quality digital media productions which comes in the form of single or bi-monthly comic shorts, and a trimesterly 3-5min video short that progresses the guilds and its members story. The purpose of doing it this way is give all members the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in their characters and in the environment and have something to show for it other than a few paragraphs of text (not that there won't be any of that) Everything will be laid out and organized, as far as Flash points, Operations, RP productions, and the various other events goes, and there are no prerequisites at the time for any activities or events. The guilds intent is to make this a very community centric guild in that there will be designated times to help each other out as far as leveling, acquiring datacrons and items etc. As I said everything will be organized so the times for these things will be posted in advanced so you can plan them around your day. As far as PVP, I've spent plenty of time in the WZ and know that without teamwork you will always find yourself on the losing end. That is why in the guild there will be WZ teams with role designations and strategic planning. Even though we will not be strictly PVP focused, I believe that by forming these teams and people adhering to the plan, we can be a force to contend with. Feel free to check out the sites, or to send me a message

Server- The Eben Hawk
Velencia – Empire
Charlemagne - Republic (You'll have to look him up in 'WHO 'because there is an alt code character in the name)
Avida - Republic

JekRendar
11.01.2012 , 11:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Once chat bubbles come, random RP will too.
Preach it. Even having a conversation with 3-4 others in spatial is tedious beyond belief.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Lanuria
11.02.2012 , 11:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Preach it. Even having a conversation with 3-4 others in spatial is tedious beyond belief.
It's hard, but manageable. I have seperate chat windows for Say and Emote and others for guild, chat channels etc. This way, I can scroll up without having to try and ignore other chats and focus on the RP.
Also, the ping when your name is typed out works wonders. Hopefully people take the time to spell out those long Twi'lek/Chiss names and you have your speakers on to you can heard the little pings to let you know people are speaking to you.

JekRendar
11.02.2012 , 07:40 PM | #9
What "ping" are you referring to?
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Lanuria
11.03.2012 , 12:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
What "ping" are you referring to?
In the Chat options in your preferences, there is an option for 'Chat awareness ping' It'll only ping once every thirty seconds, but it's rather nice.