Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Jadus fight

limadoc
10.05.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1
Ok, I am ready to start a new character just so I don't have to finish this fight. However, it's my only character and about to close out Chapter 1 so I can't. I have a level 32 Marksmanship spec Sniper, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to beat Jadus. Anyone have any useful tips? Yes I have used stims.

JacksonMo
10.05.2012 , 05:18 PM | #2
I've not played an agent yet, but I had plenty of issues on my scoundrel, who was also my first toon.
Best advice I can give, is go out and level up. Maybe twice.
The bosses that mark the end of each chapter are always the hardest, especially if you don't have a 50 to grind out some dailies and buy upgraded gear.
On a first toon, there is just no substitute for being 3 levels above the mobs you are fighting.
Don't let anyone tell you you should be able to breeze everything and what an easy time they had, blah blah blah.
90% of those guys are lying because they don't want to sound like they were as clueless as they actually were.

For republic, there are heroic quests on Balmora that give purple armorings, mods and enhancements as a reward.
There should be similar quests for imps on Taris. You can do those once per day, and after repeating them 5 or 6 times, you should be more than ready.

PS, once you have a character to 50, you also get a +10 presence legacy buff for each companion when you complete their quest chain. And, if your character is human, it also unlocks a +100 presence buff.
This will be a HUGE benefit to future alts as presence boosts companion health damage and healing.

limadoc
10.05.2012 , 05:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
I've not played an agent yet, but I had plenty of issues on my scoundrel, who was also my first toon.
Best advice I can give, is go out and level up. Maybe twice.
The bosses that mark the end of each chapter are always the hardest, especially if you don't have a 50 to grind out some dailies and buy upgraded gear.
On a first toon, there is just no substitute for being 3 levels above the mobs you are fighting.
Don't let anyone tell you you should be able to breeze everything and what an easy time they had, blah blah blah.
90% of those guys are lying because they don't want to sound like they were as clueless as they actually were.

For republic, there are heroic quests on Balmora that give purple armorings, mods and enhancements as a reward.
There should be similar quests for imps on Taris. You can do those once per day, and after repeating them 5 or 6 times, you should be more than ready.
I could go back and finish off some of the quests on Alderan.

JacksonMo
10.05.2012 , 05:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
PS, once you have a character to 50, you also get a +10 presence legacy buff for each companion when you complete their quest chain. And, if your character is human, it also unlocks a +100 presence buff.
This will be a HUGE benefit to future alts as presence boosts companion health damage and healing.
Edited while you were replying, just wanted to highlight it.
Keep at it. That first toon is tough regardless.

Nucksfan
10.05.2012 , 05:37 PM | #5
Spoiler

limadoc
10.05.2012 , 06:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucksfan View Post
Spoiler
I watched a couple of youtube videos that talked a lot about the issue you are referring to. I didn't seem to have that issue. I do have an issue with interrupts though. I need to learn them more.

JacksonMo
10.05.2012 , 09:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucksfan View Post
Spoiler
</tip_hat>

limadoc
10.06.2012 , 10:22 AM | #8
Finally beat it. Thanks for the advice.

DPCummerbund
10.06.2012 , 10:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by limadoc View Post
I watched a couple of youtube videos that talked a lot about the issue you are referring to. I didn't seem to have that issue. I do have an issue with interrupts though. I need to learn them more.

I didn't watch the video as I haven't gotten that far in that particular class, but after getting through the first few chapters in most of the classes, interrupts are definitely key to almost every class. You can level really well in most classes without using interrupts, so it's easy to forget about them. However, some levels / quests are impassable without them, and it can be a steep learning curve for a fight or two until you get this down. I have a level 43 Consular that I got stuck with yesterday because it required an interrupt I had never used.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Nucksfan
10.09.2012 , 12:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by limadoc View Post
Finally beat it. Thanks for the advice.
Excellent. Enjoy the rest of the story. I love the Agent.