Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA Statement on Subscriber Numbers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EA Statement on Subscriber Numbers

ckjawa
10.05.2012 , 12:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Just for the record - what game-breaking bugs are we talking about?

Please ... give me a list of 10 or so and not a rant. It's just that, while I've come across the occasional annoying snafu ... I can't pinpoint anything that's stopped me playing the game.
Ill give you 2 AMD and nvidia graphic issues since launch. I Still have problems after doing everything possible my end, currently I'm reinstalling after a couple months break during that time I've been playing wow with no issues on any of my systems, if I get the slightest blurp here I'm gone, had enough of it. They can't fix a graphic issues like tearing and fractling. Then I can't be bothered to keep playing.

TaylaEwa
10.05.2012 , 12:29 PM | #22
Just for the record - what game-breaking bugs are we talking about?

Please ... give me a list of 10 or so and not a rant. It's just that, while I've come across the occasional annoying snafu ... I can't pinpoint anything that's stopped me playing the game.
I have a guildmate who's game worked fine until 1.4.. now if there is anything more than 1 NPC around her, her frame rate drops to around 1 frame a minute. Try raiding with that. The only answer she's gotten from CS is "We're aware of the issue and are working on it". Why should she keep paying $15 a month for a game she can't even play?

I have a 7850 Radeon card and I see "shivering" with text in my chat window constantly. It gives me a headache to try reading anything there. I usually just SS and then alt-tab out to go look at the screenshot to read it.

Schematics vanish from your inventory if you've learned them and try to learn them again. As I understand, this was an old bug that was fixed and is now back.

The False Emperor FP - clicking the glowie during the second boss fight often does nothing, allowing the ship to build to 400% damage and wipe the team.

Several of my guildies have had this one: Upon attempting to board your ship, the loading screen freezes, turns black, then the game crashes with no error windows. When trying to log back in, you get the message that the toon is already logged in. It can be up to 5 days before CS gets around to unlocking it for you. One of my guildmates has had this happen 3 times on the same toon.

And those are just a few I've seen first hand.
[CENTER]"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

UltimateKrucible
10.05.2012 , 12:50 PM | #23
Interesting - I wasn't being snarky ... just that I've never experienced anything 'game-breaking'.

So, it's graphics issues that's the game-breaker for most folks?

Urael
10.05.2012 , 12:54 PM | #24
So, it's graphics issues that's the game-breaker for most folks?
Indeed.

Darvus
10.05.2012 , 01:02 PM | #25
The sad reality is that no one at EA appears to even have a clue. Like many others have said, the issue is not $15 a month, it's lack of content and fixes. When you add that to the fact that their "increased communication" ended two days after they announced it, and this pathetic excuse for a patch, the future looks bleak. This problem goes all the way back to beta, and EA/BW refusing to accept or even allow negative feedback, or criticism. What we need is an entire new team to work with. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that EA is willing to invest, what would be needed, to get this game on track. Possibly, the biggest hurdle, is the outdated game engine, and the overwhelming reliance on cut-scenes and voice-overs. These things make adding good amounts of content in a timely and efficient manner, very difficult. Again, something they were told in beta.
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

MidichIorian
10.05.2012 , 01:16 PM | #26
Old but it needs to be said again, they're retarded if they actually believe that the monthly fee is the reason for all the un-subbing.

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.05.2012 , 01:18 PM | #27
50 million is insane, no MMO ever will have that many users. The zero must be a misprint

Yogol
10.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The sub wasn't the issue. Soon that reality will hit Bioware too.
I'm afraid so too

They are betting all they got on free-to-play, while totally ignoring any other issues they have. I'm pretty sure they are all telling eachother ''yes, sure, we created alot of bugs in 1.4, but, hey, we're too busy with free-to-play to care, things will get better''.

I think they are seriously misjudging the effect that a terrible patch like 1.4 has on the community. They don't have a MMO-reputation to fall back to, people simply loose faith that they will get it right.

Especially if players make alost of 47 bugs and then a DEV makes a list with only 11. Exactly how hard is it to read the player list with 47 bugs and react to that instead of making your own list? They bugs are described there, that's half the work already done! And if some of the bugs aren't really bugs, well, investigate those too and react. Show that you care about the players, gee.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

sithgreyguard
10.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #29
whats wrong with 500,000+ subs , i played city of heroes and in the first two maybe three years we only had 250,000+ subs.

Yogol
10.05.2012 , 01:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
whats wrong with 500,000+ subs , i played city of heroes and in the first two maybe three years we only had 250,000+ subs. ps. wheres the old thread with this article?
500,000+ was 2 months ago... You can bet it was less already before 1.4 hit. And with the bugs in 1.4, it's even worse, I bet.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.